Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temp. bring back the Primal Vengeance quest, as ya'll did with Rending Blade...

Default Temp. bring back the Primal Vengeance quest, as ya'll did with Rending Blade...

I thought it was neat that the Rending Blade quest was brought back in, so I thought I'd bring this up again.

I'd love to see the quests that let us get Primal Vengeance, and those other 2, put back in, even if for only a week.

Primal Vengeance is an important part of a dragon's power, solo or in group. Especially against monstrosities like the Son of Gigaroth.

There are still some dragons that can tech with PM, but that list is getting shorter.

It's not super-important right now as we do still have some dragons that can do it, but it would be nice, I think.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Default Re: Temp. bring back the Primal Vengeance quest, as ya'll did with Rending Blade...

I've sent a ticket about that. i'd personally like to see some awesome quests to get the old gear for people 1000 days old or some such. maybe let the event last 1-2 weeks...make sure everyone knows about it.

Make it hard as can be, but worth it. I very much have a sob story about my internet crapping out when the vengeance event was in...much like some of the biped goodies.

So I highly support this. But make us work for it.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Default Re: Temp. bring back the Primal Vengeance quest, as ya'll did with Rending Blade...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    I've sent a ticket about that. i'd personally like to see some awesome quests to get the old gear for people 1000 days old or some such. maybe let the event last 1-2 weeks...make sure everyone knows about it.

Make it hard as can be, but worth it. I very much have a sob story about my internet crapping out when the vengeance event was in...much like some of the biped goodies.

So I highly support this. But make us work for it.
    Ouch

I never even knew about the quest when it was in. I was so focused on leveling and and exploring for new monsters that I completely missed out.

I was busy levelling and such, too, but I found time for it. :P

I highly doubt they will put any of the old techs back in. PV especially as its implementation has been lamented in the past by some of the devs. If they did indeed put it back in, I would expect it would be a different or weaker version. Probably only a 20-50% debuff, and only techable once on a scale.

I kinda support that concept, anyway. Introduce new and different "unique" event items, rather than rehashing the old. Gives the old stuff "I was there!" value, and adds to the variety of the game.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    i'd personally like to see some awesome quests to get the old gear for people 1000 days old or some such.
    I have two things to say to this. First, I'm really tired of hearing about how old people are in days and making a big deal out of it. That idea is a wonderful and perfect way of making new players ask why they even bothered playing when they cannot partake in the events or any one who has made a slew of new characters in the past year; and trust me when I say I have been through enough new players who quit over this kind of stuff to be very upset about it.

On a kinder note. New events do need to happen. Regardless. Preferably something for everyone. The nit picking over boss items and such really does get old quite quickly. So if something was introduced I know myself and many others who does not have 24/7 to camp something because they have no life would very much enjoy it in the form of a quest. Quests are fun! Oh..make it hard too for the extra challenge.

This has been a commonly asked thing. I hope it gets some attention now, or soon at least.
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.
    Leader of Silver Dawn community.
    Forums: http://forums.ravenhawk.us/index.php
    Gallery: http://www.ravenhawk.us

Learn, share, grow, ascend..

Blade of Rending is NOT back. A similar weapon is that has lower output damage but can be used with less skill.

Yes new events with similar items I agree with, not giving same old thing. Old items are rewards for playing back then. Yes new players do need new quests for new items. Game needs to evolve and not take away efforts from past events but enhance itself with new ones.

I am one of those that do not wish to see PV come back. For the minor reason of it keeps it rare, but for the major reason as i do not like the tech and do not use it, even thought I do have one of the scales.

I would rather see new techs brought out and have some of them be lowbie only obtainable. That way some of the newbies or people that make an alt can get it and not just us old players. I am all for having rare very hard to get or limited tech. It make it worth while to have certain techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Blade of Rending is NOT back. A similar weapon is that has lower output damage but can be used with less skill.

Yes new events with similar items I agree with, not giving same old thing. Old items are rewards for playing back then. Yes new players do need new quests for new items. Game needs to evolve and not take away efforts from past events but enhance itself with new ones.
    Ah, my mistake. I haven't done the quest myself but several friends have, and I was told it was a new Rending Blade quest. *Though one friend said it appeared to be weaker than the original*

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus View Post
    I was busy levelling and such, too, but I found time for it. :P

I highly doubt they will put any of the old techs back in. PV especially as its implementation has been lamented in the past by some of the devs. If they did indeed put it back in, I would expect it would be a different or weaker version. Probably only a 20-50% debuff, and only techable once on a scale.

I kinda support that concept, anyway. Introduce new and different "unique" event items, rather than rehashing the old. Gives the old stuff "I was there!" value, and adds to the variety of the game.
    I figure it's worth asking. Thus why I also said even if it's only temprorary. I can't help but wonder how much longer it will be until getting a triple-tech'd PM chest scale is neigh impossible. Some dragons have recently left that shocked me. *They were like me, they'd be here until the plug was pulled*

If I knew about the quest I would have done it. I just didn't learn about it until, literally, a few days after the quest was over.

They lamented it? *Laughs* Didn't we get PM before Gold Rage? I remember it letting me fight things that would have given me fits. It really helped dragons out.

There is no chest scale ingame I'd wear over a triple-tech'd PM scale. There's too much of a drop-off in power. *Now, if you're just being a tank in a group and getting beat on by multiple monsters, then the ceremonial scale is nice, otherwise...*

I'd fork over 40 Gold, without blinking, for that tech... *Sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by Casyle View Post
    I figure it's worth asking. Thus why I also said even if it's only temprorary. I can't help but wonder how much longer it will be until getting a triple-tech'd PM chest scale is neigh impossible. Some dragons have recently left that shocked me. *They were like me, they'd be here until the plug was pulled*
    I can't speak for Chaos, but on Order, it is unlikely that there will ever be a time without someone that has the PV tech. I was one of those who was gonna be "here until the plug was pulled". Even while I was gone, I came back occasionally to make PV scales. I am back now; dunno for how long.

If I knew about the quest I would have done it. I just didn't learn about it until, literally, a few days after the quest was over.
    Unless you were not even in-game at the time, or living under a rock, there is no way you couldn't have known about the event. It was in the loading screen and there was a LOT of chat about it in all the channels, especially the Dragon channel, as there was a LOT of trading of the remains going on. It was also the same event with the release of the Regal Weapons, so there was a lot of chat and trading going on over that stuff, too.

They lamented it? *Laughs* Didn't we get PM before Gold Rage? I remember it letting me fight things that would have given me fits. It really helped dragons out.
    Yes, they lament(ed) it. It is hideously effective, especially when triple-teched (and that was never meant to happen).

There is no chest scale ingame I'd wear over a triple-tech'd PM scale. There's too much of a drop-off in power. *Now, if you're just being a tank in a group and getting beat on by multiple monsters, then the ceremonial scale is nice, otherwise...*
    Exactly! That is the point. It is HIDEOUSLY effective. Where else can you get an item that practically reduces all mob melee damage to zero, nearly in perpetuity? How would you like it if a mob continuously reduced your melee damage against their armor to zero? Would make for a seriously lopsided battle, doncha think?

So, yeah, the devs have issues with PV and the fact that it has been triple-teched for years. To balance a lot of the bigger challenge mobs, they have specifically made them immune to PV.

I'd fork over 40 Gold, without blinking, for that tech... *Sighs*
    Why? Except to "just have it", or to think that you can get away with charging ridiculously for making the scales, there is no other reason to have it. There are enough folks left around who can make the scales that there is no danger of it "disappearing forever". It is more likely that it will be nerfed by the devs long before everyone's ability to make it into a scale will be lost.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I don't have a problem with it being hideously effective so much as with the "There is no chest scale ingame I'd wear over a triple-tech'd PM scale" bit. I don't like straight cookie-cutter character designs, and this triple-teching-with-the-same-tech thing leads to that. Sure I'd like to have a set of armour with Crush Resistance triple teched on every piece (and jewelry too), but that, like this scale, would lead to everyone playing the same character with the same setup. That's no fun.

I'd just like to have it, Pharcellus. I don't charge people for things, and I wouldn't start now.

And yeah, I managed to not know about it. *Never got into the habit of reading the loading screen* I was too focused on leveling. Something I'll always regret since I missed that quest. As to chat channels, I've never frequented any chat channels. If I chat with someone I do it via /tells.

Guess the lamenting bit shouldn't surprise me. I was shocked at how useful it was. Guess I've had it so long that I just can't imagine life without it. It made such a difference in our power. I guess I didn't see it as being too ridiculous since HZ's vision of dragons seems to be that of 1-on-1 powerhouses. Though I guess until the recent fix to spell-lines it could have been ridiculous to see it proccing on groups via AoE spells. *I think it procc'd on those*

As to getting nerfed, I hope they won't consider nerfing already made equipment. If they want to bring it in but only allow it to be tech'd once, fine, but nerfing already made equipment, at least in the MMORPG's I've been in, is a big no-no.
    Last edited by Casyle; December 31st, 2007 at 03:20 AM.

Casyle that is my problem with it. It has indirectly started so many Biped vs Dragon threads in the past. Because a biped runs by and sees a dragon with that triple teched scale owning mobs they automatically think all dragons were over powered. I have to wonder how much balance was done to dragons assuming that we would all have that scale.

#1 why reward older players?: ... self explanatory, paid for years...do you need anopther reason?

#2 Not bringing back the old stuff, weaer versions: thats great if you have it. Why punish those of us who got a raw deal? ( I'm not expecting, I'm suggesting. You wanna disagree, thats awesome! I'm of the mind that it should be possible because some day parts of istarian history will be gone forever, like dodo brids etc.;p

#3 Devs lamented it?: thats what play testing is for. Test logner if that keeps happening.

#4 Chaso and order apperently cant be *any* more seperate and different.

#5 The ceremonial chest scale works wonders, and *can* be a good substitue personally I grow weary of every scale or shoudler pet takign the scale slot..ameks them mostly useless.... ( ah but thats for another thread once I gather my thoguhts for it)

1 -2 weeks wont make stuff much mroe rare and a old player necessity could easily make it stay rare.

hence the reason I ststaed 1000 days.

Why play horizons if you;'re a new player? Darongs, multiclassing, a different gaming experience....the list goes on...not for me to bring more players however...I just attempt to adress that question.

I'm printing a retraction.

While I wont be convinced I'm wrong, i wont fight for it anymore.

I argued with good friends in game over it. I have trouble saying I'm sorry in person so, I'm sorry.

The devs 99% likely wont be bringing the stuff back.

The techs Id like to see, the items much less so.

My apologies for aiding in the upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Casyle that is my problem with it. It has indirectly started so many Biped vs Dragon threads in the past. Because a biped runs by and sees a dragon with that triple teched scale owning mobs they automatically think all dragons were over powered. I have to wonder how much balance was done to dragons assuming that we would all have that scale.
    You have got to be kidding me.

Sure, Casius can outdamage Casyle on any one monster. However, he can't even kill the kind of groups Casyle can. PM doesn't help him outdamage Casyle either, if it proc's it just helps him survive.

Just to put in my two coppers that I think this is a great idea.

It doesn't have to be the exact same tech, but there should be something comparable available to new players or even old players who, for any reason, missed the SHORT event which yielded primal vengeance.

If Primal vengeance is so game breaking that they don't want to put in anything even remotely similar then they need to nerf primal vengeance too (perhaps stop letting it stack). As far as I'm concerned either is fine but they should do one or the other.

This isn't just a dragon thing. I think the same principle should apply to major biped quest items and techs too.
    Last edited by Goriax; January 1st, 2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: addendum

Quote Originally Posted by Casyle View Post
    I thought it was neat that the Rending Blade quest was brought back in, so I thought I'd bring this up again.

I'd love to see the quests that let us get Primal Vengeance, and those other 2, put back in, even if for only a week.
    Hmmm.. OK, Content Team Member hat on...

As Jayne pointed out, the Sslanis Militia blade is NOT the Saris Blade of Rending. Chances are good the Blade of Rending itself will probably not be seen again, at least not as such.

There are a lot of old items that would be great to reintroduce, but for many of them, their worth is tied in great measure to their rarity. It's fair to say that the idea of making things like the dragon techs or the Regal parts available again through one device or another has come up several times, in great part because I keep bringing it up.

It's not the power of things like PV or the Boar's Head Mask or whatever else that argues against them being reintroduced; it's the simple fact that having rare items is good for the game. Keeping those items rare, however, doesn't preclude offering new items, new versions of rare items, or different implementations of rare items.

/Content Team Member hat off...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

In that case I want a Bat of the Gnerph! I gave mine away and never got it back cause the person quit. I loved that thing. Not all that useful, but best joke ever.

I will say this, I woul hate to see diluted versions of the rares put in...for various reasons, so please take note of that.

As for those items mentioned...they are so few they have no real value. unscribed techs could go for more money currently in game as could a mask...fact.

adding some, though I am nolonger speaking for or against because its mot...would give the4m potential value if numbers increased by X2 ( keep in mind thats still not very many, espeiclally on the techs)

Thread Information