Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: the queen's proclaimations

Default Re: the queen's proclaimations

i may have to bring out awdzy more to try the gliding...
    in the meantime, a gnome ought to be able to tinker something that might do something similar...
    *assembles struts, hinges, and construction tarp into a large contraption, holds it across her back and leaps from a great height - and plummets*
    *groans when coming to after impact* i think i'd better think it out again!

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    So you against hatchlings being able to practice to fly? What exactly does that take away from an adult? I think it will make them want to be an Adult more at the mere taste of flight.
    the fact is it interferes with the rop When i was young and fragile much like these hachies are i needed the support of my dragon guardians and friends
    (Kessendran & Dracanaa, Nar,Valtur sorry if i left any one out hard to remember that far back ) there where a few bipeds (faith Imp) but i do not think Hachlings should have the gift of there wings untill there finished with there rop

they should not be allowed to glide in to Kaa and lemm Use the uber weapon and recall out it is completely possible to do Kaa with 1 Person helping you and that the way it should be
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    technically, its not 'flying' its 'falling with style' ^_~

all dragons should be able to glide at the very least, so I'm all about the gliding.

Wearing armor more advanced than one seasons does not mean that battle is lackadaisical... there's still grave dangers even with the very best armor and one's scales can still be pierced, so, no need for limitations on that either.
    Oh

i lent a buddy of mine my war scales before Pv was attuned he was lv 20 adv and was taking out the granite golems with little resistance. my war scales make me vertically invulnerable to crush damage . his hachling never knew the true power of his dragon and relied on the techs on my scales to level up

In my eyes this is nothing more than a widely used exploit and it makes the Hachlings of tomorrow more vulnerable to the next blight on sought
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I see no difference in crafting to 100 or hunting to 100 other than hunting being faster in some aspects (IMHO), furthermore there's nothing in the lore to sugest that dragons abhor crafting. And thustly little reason to change this.

Gliding aslo isnt anything like flying as the hatchling has a very limited time in the air where as an adult or ancient can stay in the air indefinitely. A hatchling's ability to glide to a particular spot is dependent on them finding a place thats high enough to reach it first. That doesnt lessen the fact that the way to the leap point may well be dangerous, nor does it lessen the fact that their target will probably have several body guards near by plus anything else that may have been argro'd near the end of the hatchlings decent.
    A hatchling that would have needed help fighting their RoP if they had arived on foot will still need help if they glided to the place. Once they get to a spot they cant take off again unless they can find a place to jump from, most of the time thats not going to do them any good anyways as a) Its going to land them in a spot filled with even more nasties, or B) They'll only land all of 2ft away from where they took off as it was so close to the ground to begin with.

If the issue is simply lowlevels going places that's way to high lvl for them, flying or walking makes no difference, when Lan was a hatchling he'd explore places he had no hope of ever surviving save for by luck. At lvl 30 when he became an adult one of the first places he explored (and died in) was EDL. In this game exploration isnt that difficult with some speed techs and buffs, and knowlege on how the spawning system works combind with judicious use of sprint. A lowbie can make it pretty far with a little luck. Being able to glide to some dangerous place is going to require some luck (after all jump from to low a spot and you'll never make it), and general knowledge of were you're going to begin with. Even then there will be places a hatchling simply cannot reach. If gliding had been enabled during the time Lan was a hatchling, Im sure I'd gained even more DPs than I did durring my RoP simply because I didnt knwo where I was going and/or didnt jump from a high enough place.

Be calm, dear one. *Nuzzles* Hatchie gliding provides only a VERY short "flight" that is really quite difficult to control. (You can determine left/right only, and there is no way to prevent yourself from sinking toward the ground rapidly.) It is fun...it is adorable...but it is not flying.

I am no scientist (I am not a rocket surgeon! ), but I believe that physics and biology together would make it likely that a little hatchie would glide upon falling. It would be reflex to spread those broad wings, just as, when falling, a human puts out his/her arms. The wings would then act as a parachute of sorts, which is exactly how they do work in the game (nice programming! ). It seems...right, somehow.

As for interfering with RoP, I doubt that it would, really. (I stood (flew) witness as Lightening, on his alt, soloed Kaa. I stroke not a blow, but merely watched (and wrung my hands over the keyboard as I worried). He did the rest, and successfully.) Few players would attempt such a thing, wings or no, and it was only your skill and knowledge of the game that made it possible for you to do that, Lightening. A first-timer would surely fail. The ability to glide would simply make the descent into the valley a bit more smooth than dropping like a stone, but it will not protect them in any way from the dangers there. In fact, given the difficulty in directing the glide, it may make it more difficult!

The lack of glide has never stopped hatchies from jumping off high places...sometimes to facilitate a faster arrival at a destination, sometimes just because it is fun! (My favorite activity when young was to jump the waterfall at Pratt's Pond. Plop! Landed like a stone in the stream below.)

I understand your concern. It seems a big change in our world, and in a fashion, perhaps it is. It is not a harmful one, however, I am sure. It is most delightful, natural and will bring much joy to Istarian hatchies and those who play them.

Quote Originally Posted by aine View Post
    Be calm, dear one. *Nuzzles* Hatchie gliding provides only a VERY short "flight" that is really quite difficult to control. (You can determine left/right only, and there is no way to prevent yourself from sinking toward the ground rapidly.) It is fun...it is adorable...but it is not flying.

I am no scientist (I am not a rocket surgeon! ), but I believe that physics and biology together would make it likely that a little hatchie would glide upon falling. It would be reflex to spread those broad wings, just as, when falling, a human puts out his/her arms. The wings would then act as a parachute of sorts, which is exactly how they do work in the game (nice programming! ). It seems...right, somehow.

As for interfering with RoP, I doubt that it would, really. (I stood (flew) witness as Lightening, on his alt, soloed Kaa. I stroke not a blow, but merely watched (and wrung my hands over the keyboard as I worried). He did the rest, and successfully.) Few players would attempt such a thing, wings or no, and it was only your skill and knowledge of the game that made it possible for you to do that, Lightening. A first-timer would surely fail. The ability to glide would simply make the descent into the valley a bit more smooth than dropping like a stone, but it will not protect them in any way from the dangers there. In fact, given the difficulty in directing the glide, it may make it more difficult!

The lack of glide has never stopped hatchies from jumping off high places...sometimes to facilitate a faster arrival at a destination, sometimes just because it is fun! (My favorite activity when young was to jump the waterfall at Pratt's Pond. Plop! Landed like a stone in the stream below.)

I understand your concern. It seems a big change in our world, and in a fashion, perhaps it is. It is not a harmful one, however, I am sure. It is most delightful, natural and will bring much joy to Istarian hatchies and those who play them.

It was lem aine the edl

i ramed that spiral some 11 times before i had to ask Uncle chawlk for help but Kaa did not even see me he drooped before Uncle even had a chance to finish his spell and he did not even make it out of the spiral lol

aside from that there is a "Safe Zone in the spiral the very center of it hachlings can glide from tower of Nature all the way in to the center safe zone Nuke Kaa and recall out

where is the danger !

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

as our royal ward is soon (it is hoped!) to be a member of the 100/100 hatchie club, and will shortly thereafter undergo his rites of passage, we desire to gift him with his 'grownup' equipment.
    therefore, we would like to commission the following from our beloved blighties who can craft such items:
    1) a complete set of fighting armour befitting a lunus (we will rely on those more experienced for techs - whatever the crafter feels would be beneficial [with an eye toward the labyrinth, please], but we would like to have at least one speed tech on the wing scales, please. socketting, if possible, is always preferred.)
    2) a teched or socketted weapon and tool claw - again we rely on the crafter's judgement and prefer sockets to techs.........
    3) a dragon scale pack and a lunus flying cargo disk

persons seeking to fulfill these commissions, please post your requirements here or contact mourningwood in game. both the royal orphan and the queen herself are willing and able to hunt for or provide any needed resource or coin requested.
    we rely on the grace of our devoted subjects and will be pleased to provide any assistance needed to our artisans!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I would be more than happy to create a battle set fit for a lunus. I know exactly what to create.

If golme bashing is what you disier, acquire this set to aim you hachi higher.
    Crush resistance V ( Perma) can not swap for a nother tech also the most common main form of damage )

Tooth and claw V

Str V

If slash is what you lack train your body Prepare to attack.
    Slash resistant V

Dex

T and C

When both crush and slashed are equipped together the Bold hachie will be righteous forever.

Ok my lame attempt at a poem is over now lets get down to the brass tax.

T and c is based off dexterity this combo looks good on paper but i have not tryed it .

T and C + str This is my battle set, and believe me, with your tp's in the right place, i hit fast hit hard and for some reason things tend to die when they see me. befor i got my demon claw my damage out put was in the 800s per hit with Gr with 2 m hoard .

(kept on feeding new hachies and not my self. )

I find ether resistant excellent for some one that knows how to weal a dragon with proficiency. The defensive tech obviously depends on what u most commonly fight.

I have the Forlegs or was it hind i get throws confused all the time sorry.
    Trip socketed and i can add Crystal to T and c Resistant crystals to it .

Purple spider venom is required in mass quantity's .
    This comp is the most dangerous to collect. As to the New destructive force that plegs that region of istaria still dwells in that area.

If you need any more assistance Pm me and i will instruct you how ever i still cant log on (Stupid Rl )

I think this is a very good experience for the hatchlings to push on though the many steps and long road to rop, what a feeling you get from soaring overhead.

it wont spoil them to the art of fighting for its judgement that keeps a dragon alive and how well he uses his learned skills.

I enjoy my dragon, but I play my biped mostly, and admire what the dragons can do and the power they hold.

Lillyjo-chaos

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    as our royal ward is soon (it is hoped!) to be a member of the 100/100 hatchie club, and will shortly thereafter undergo his rites of passage, we desire to gift him with his 'grownup' equipment.
    therefore, we would like to commission the following from our beloved blighties who can craft such items:
    1) a complete set of fighting armour befitting a lunus (we will rely on those more experienced for techs - whatever the crafter feels would be beneficial [with an eye toward the labyrinth, please], but we would like to have at least one speed tech on the wing scales, please. socketting, if possible, is always preferred.)
    2) a teched or socketted weapon and tool claw - again we rely on the crafter's judgement and prefer sockets to techs.........
    3) a dragon scale pack and a lunus flying cargo disk

persons seeking to fulfill these commissions, please post your requirements here or contact mourningwood in game. both the royal orphan and the queen herself are willing and able to hunt for or provide any needed resource or coin requested.
    we rely on the grace of our devoted subjects and will be pleased to provide any assistance needed to our artisans!
    i was being rushed out the door when i posted this and for item #4 - a complete set of draggy teched spells. once again i leave the choice of techs to the crafter, but i do know that mw favours accuracy tech on his prime bolts (and he really really loves his improved prime bolt spell!) and if cleanse is the tech form of detox self, that would be excellent on the healing spells.
    and of course, any assistance you need in the crafting of the above, by way of resource or cashy money, do not hestitate to pm me, post here, or contact me in game.

not to mention the honor of being the royal draggy outfitter!!

For spells

Primal flash on bolts and Grazing wind (if you can find an old timer that has that tech )

Romp

Primal range

for the heals

cleans Purify heal recycel

the crown is most pleased and utterly grateful to announce that our beloved realm will be recieving most honored visitors!
    beloved lovwyrm and some of her preeminent friends are coming to help us hunting the high level tech resources that have become precious since the exile of nadia.
    we have asked lovwyrm to place whatever resources they see fit to gather on the brist connie.
    however, lovwyrm has asked that any special needs be posted to this thread or please contact her in game or via pm and she will arrange to have the resources provided.

the crown requests - nay, commands! - that all bighties and visitors show lovwyrm and her friends all the respect and appreciation our devoted subjects show the royal family. remember they are here to assist, not to slave away.

the royals - velveeta, mourningwood, and snake eyes - most heartily welcome our friends and extend to them all the thanx and affection blight has to give!

velv/mw,

ry has your scales from lov in her vault

thanx ry!! if i don't get to catch ya in the next day or so, please put them in the cheese palace connie and i will pick em up!!
    thanx to everyone who made them and let me know what you need from me in return!

speaking of connies, don't forget to leave me some of the tech resources on the brist connie, so that we can make sure they get back in the connie when they fall off.....

Vel- I tried to put the scales in conni- but crashed twice-

And it was an honor for Takora, Dakoren, Flameus and me, to serve only the best to the Royal Dragon

Claw will be deliverd soon.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hiya velv,

I managed to place all mw's scales etc on your connie except 1 claw which unfortunatly is severly bugged, this was the cause of Lovwyrms crashes also. that claw is now in the hands of the Gods.
    The items are on the connie at brist where our kind suppliers placed them I simply replaced them in my name to prevent them dropping back into the suppliers vaults
    When they hit ry's vault I will replace them back on the connie even I have no way off storing nearly 300 items

Ry

Quote Originally Posted by Ryin View Post
    Hiya velv,

I managed to place all mw's scales etc on your connie except 1 claw which unfortunatly is severly bugged, this was the cause of Lovwyrms crashes also. that claw is now in the hands of the Gods.

Ry
    Ranqthas specfically told me to tell anybody with an item that crash's to get log files as well. < just a messanger >

hi guys!!
    been doing a lot of gardening the last few days and frankly, at my age, it is tiring. so as much as i wanted to, i just didn't have the energy to login lately!
    i know that the resources our live friends so generously provided should be dropping off soon, so if i don't get in soon (thurs and fri are snakes days off and we can no longer play together, so i like to allow him first refusal to get ingame those days), please have ry send me a pm and i will log vel in long enough to grab the stuff and relist it, so her vault isn't flooded.

let these old bones get a good night's sleep and i will try to be on at least a little tomorrow morning.....i need to get mw to the west deadlands for some ash and lava blight partying!

I wish you happy gardening vel. Wasnt also online much in the past days because the weather outside is just too nice to sit in the house, I rather chill at the pool and get some color on my body. ^^

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    hi guys!!
    .....i need to get mw to the west deadlands for some ash and lava blight partying!
    Lemme know when and we can go stomp on stuff

Thread Information