Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who was your mentor..

Default Re: Who was your mentor..

For me, there have been quite a few. When i was a hatchie just growing up, i had assistance from a large number of dragons on the chaos shard, im sure they found me insufferable at times =) Id like to name them all but would quite honestly miss someone at some point, but i'm sure they all know who they are, and sadly many have quit
    Bahkar, Ancient Helian Dragon of Chaos (100/100/68). Vell, Human Warrior/Cleric (56/36).
    All it takes for Evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

For me, I don't think I had a mentor so much as I had guildmates back on Ice, and the only one whose name I remember these days is Uroloki, who is Kesqui's almost-twin (except for having gold belly and eyes). Found some old screenshots that I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Sapphiroth in.

After returning to Chaos, I appreciated very much the assistance and guidance of most of the dragons on there!
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

I think I had like 3 mentors back to when Alphiner was a hatchie on Choas, I believe, well for one I know that Epion (Lightning claw) was 1 of my mentors, he helped me alot when I was learning the path way of becoming an Adult and I believe the other was Zakir Goldspot, Alphi's guildmaster, but then I also know that I had lots of Help from Scarlet-dawn guild and Dragon-souls guild. But the other was ArchDemon my mate, I was his mentor too though, helping each other out with quests and that...

* Whispers * At the time, I used to have lots of fun re-correcting him all the time when he does his quests. XD But that was when he was a cute hatchie, now he's just an Ancient well to my opinion he's a handsome Ancient. But yeah that's just me thinking, cause he's my mate and that..
    Rawr!???

for me it was stronghammer now umaroth of chaos now its toph beifon so yep if your reading this toph thanks for being at kion at the right tme to see me

Here`s a list of a few characters that were there helping Reagle when he was a hatchling

Figes: Best friend, taught Reagle the basics of hunting, and staying alive, also how to let loose, and have fun. ^^
    Delight: (no longer plays D loving adopted mother in law. lots of nuzzles, and preenings XD
    Dragmar: Loving adopted father, and friend. Taught Reagle a lot about friendship, and family
    Romirez: Later adopted father after Dragmar was taken by the aegis, Romirez took Reagle in as a younge drake, and raised him until Dragmar was rescued XD
    Racktor: Best bud, and bro to Reagle, many fun hunts, and games. taught Reagle to have fun, and forget the past ^^

Falkor`s mentors,
    Seraemha: (sorry if mispelled XD) Was there to help Falkor during his saddened times just after his first break up.
    Ssiscor: Taught Falkor how to deal with females, and how to be assertive.
    Maekrux: Taught Falkor about the birds and the bees XD
    Xeffer: Falkor`s first mate, and friend. still friends, and looks up to her as almost a sister figure.
    Lorera: Dryad adopted mother. Taught Falkor how to focus his druidic abilities, raised him as a hatchling til he grew too big to fit in her house. XD

midnights mentor is basically blarez right now

They might not have mentors, accurate, but they still put us down a fair bit. Starstilanxs helped a lot in our ROPS.
    After knowing these types of Vintage leather satchel bags for men, you may know which type is the most appropriate cwmalls.com bag for you. If you are going to purchase a Leather double handle briefcase and it is important to search for some information of the bag.

My mentors, on Unity, were Dralov and Salama... oh boy, that was long ago. Many many others helped, too.

And to Xanthia, I remember when you, as a little hatchy, approached me in Dralk, near the shrine... "Excuse me, do you know the way to Morning Light?" was the question. I pointed you to the right direction and off you went

Right now, I'd have to say these are people who are helping or helped Kuleme:
    Alisto: Helped out when I didn't know what to hunt. Also helped with a scale set.
    Azath: Told me a way to get crafting up (Which is helping ALOT).
    Sulphur and Arakk: Planning to do our rites together, they helped me with some of my quests.
    Arya and Aleron: Also helped with telling me how to get crafting up, they've also been supportive.
    NightmareShadow: She's helping me with starting my rites
    CloudyStar and Akatosh: Very supportive while helping me with quests
    Aquaa: Kuleme's sister who'd always push her to finish quests (Unfortunately I don't think she plays Istaria anymore.)
    Djawn: Being the most supporting person in New Trismus
    Kuleme would probably not be a level thirty-one without these people, just hope they know that.
    Last edited by Kuleme; October 8th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Kuleme Seawing- Ancient Dragoness of Order- 100/31/11
    "Hm...Do I play too much Istaria?"
    *Thinks*
    "Yeah, I think so, too."

i guess i'm feeling nostalgic.

we didn't have mentors back in my day. i was however inspired by maegel, expanse's first 100/100 dragon (if i remember right). unfortunately, he left sometime in early april 2004. there were others i looked up to as well, like nemesis and eraden and arslan.

i also had some supporters along the way, back when expert formulae were only available from the vielo .. 3 new formulas were released per shard every week, and if you missed them, you didn't get them (this was all pre-merger, of course). there were several people looking out for me back then, and i am in their debt.

nowadays i'm mostly a hermit, but i still have people who have helped me, not just close friends but other "old guard" who just enjoyed lending a hand, like dabogus, who has helped me get many of the newer formulae.

I had so many mentors. Too many to name, not to mention their all virtually dead and dont play anymore Great thanks to everyone though baha i was such an annoying hatchie.....

Epion has been thought by many but the one guild that thought me about my self and real life was The Ancients Lead by Valtur and his adviser's Dracanna, Kessendrian, Nartili, No-one balfer, Scalie , Kailad and Faith .

I still remember a bet that Valtur made me when The ancients went after valcor once back when i was just lv 13.

Valtur : Who wants to hunt valcor with me ?

a bunch of others signed up for the fight .

Then i asked the following
    Valtur : gives hachie eyes : whats a valcor

Valtur Epic mob
    Epion : Can I come
    Valtur : I never turn away any guildie from a guild hunt but i will not assist you in getting hear
    Epion : Ok

so being a directionally challenged hachie i set off knowing i would get a death point or 2

Valtur You coming epi
    Im trying to climb this bloody hill ( or something like that )

Valtur chuckles tell you what you make it up hear by your self and ill have Imp fetch you 25 k in hoard .

about 15 minutes later 4 lag walls and a narrow escape i made it to valcor

Tasks like that thought me if i wanted something i had to go out and get it my self , He made me what i call a great dragon ... although he still has issues on getting me to craft XD
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Blog Entries

i only mentored one dragon and that was chalice iceberg she doesnt come on anymore though

Well i had a few good people help me from the day i started playing this game. I started off in Dragons Soul putting the drama and feuds aside they were really helpful most the help came from a name a few of you should remember "Umbras". He gave me support pre and post ROP and was even there for my AROP so since he dont play anymore a huge thank you to him is owed. Some other shout outs for people who supported me: Mithril Council, Scarlet-Dawn, korchak/kroch and his guild and finally my fighting buddy Felicia

Blog Entries

my first mentors were the entire guild of blackout losk was the leader and they helped so much
    Last edited by shadowstryke; April 17th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.

Kida

My mentors were great.. out of my former, very helpful guild, three really stood out to me. Aywren and her dragon Kudako was a great help to get me started; answered any questions I had and was definitely one of the nicest guild members I knew. ^^

The other two that helped to mentor me were Niema and Xerinos.. I don't know where they are now, and I wish I could remember where to find them outside of the game, but I unfortunately can't.. ;u; Hopefully they'll come back to the game someday soon.

Well the entirety of the Axe and Anvil guild... but more specifically for biped work it was mystif and carinde... and as a Dragon good ole zythoranthian.. nowadays it's the epic mob. Teto..

I'd have to answer with my entire Guild (Dragoon's Den), as well...I'd hate to mention individual members, as I *know* I'd forget someone, and be terminally smished....
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

oh MAN... be ready for some old names.

Kumu helped me when i first started in 2005, along with Frith-Rae. Delight then took me under her wing for several years before she stopped playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    My mentors were great.. out of my former, very helpful guild, three really stood out to me. Aywren and her dragon Kudako was a great help to get me started; answered any questions I had and was definitely one of the nicest guild members I knew. ^^

The other two that helped to mentor me were Niema and Xerinos.. I don't know where they are now, and I wish I could remember where to find them outside of the game, but I unfortunately can't.. ;u; Hopefully they'll come back to the game someday soon.
    Kida!!

Wow, it's been so long since I've heard from you. I'm happy that you still remember me... we had a lot of good times back in the day!

Life's been busy for me, and while I haven't visited the lands of Istaria lately (sad because our guild and all), I do check the forums from time to time. I'm super happy to see you back around and working on wiki stuff! I wish I had spent more time organizing the wiki, so I'm glad to see it has some love and care.

Keep doing your thing! *winghugs*

Thread Information