Thread: Spontaneous 'Freezing'

Default Spontaneous 'Freezing'

Recently, I have had issues with HZ 'freezing' on me...

it would get stuck at a black screen on log-in when I had the /setpref useloadingscreen false

and it froze at the 'teleporting' screen with it set to 'true' mode, any ideas here?
    This has also happened while I have been in the middle of doing something as well, my computer is more than capable to run the program, but I don't understand why it keeps 'freezing' on me.

Any ideas?

I have already cleared the cache, reset client preferences, and done a full patch scan, as well as run a registry cleaner, spyware cleaner, and anti-virus, but found nothing

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Default Re: Spontaneous 'Freezing'

And all your drivers, etc, are up to date?

I have also had the same problems and tried everything you have, my drivers are upto date. also done a disc scan and defrag.

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but for when when I disabled my soundcard this freezing problem went away.

It was strange, cause it only started after I got back after the EII debacle. Prior to that I'd heard of others having this problem, but I haven't. I assume that either one of the last updates made to the game before the sale, or possibly a windows update in the one year interim, caused this, since I didn't change any drivers or install any significant software during this time except a new version of Firefox, the Civ 4 expansion, and a couple other games (EVE, Ryzom, LORTO, CoV, ummm).

I've recently noticed freezing (up to 30 seconds or more), some moments of incredible lag, casting gifts/using abilities and nothing happening for over a minute, and this was after being in game and fully loaded for a while, aside from a number of other oddities, as well as occasional trade lag.

This is on Chaos. No sound card.

I have tried a number of things now, I have un-installed, re-installed, formatted the harddisk, updated drivers, disabled the soundcard, and even dusted out the computer...

I just can't imagine what else I can do, any ideas?

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    I have tried a number of things now, I have un-installed, re-installed, formatted the harddisk, updated drivers, disabled the soundcard, and even dusted out the computer...

What about your antivirus might be part off the problem.

http://support.istaria.com/support-c...mod_id=2&id=33
    might help.

Is this happening to you around Aughundell perhaps?

Because lately I have seen things change in and around augh: very high lag, almost or all the way freezing for periods (regularly followed by ctd). I don't have this in other places, just there (and until short ago, also after Hammerfest got in, it was ok around augh for me too).

It seems to be worse btw around the big plots next to augh then in augh itself (though there is certainly considerable lag there too at times).

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post

I do know even tho I don't have the sound turned on, I do occassionaly get moments of freezing, especially lately, that may last a minute or two before clearing. I have had it happen on porting before. On rare occassions the HZ just closes on itself in these cases. I can't say I've ever had the log in problem with it the way you do.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I'm having this happen, too. Only problem is, it locks up my whole computer and the only way for me to clear it is a hard boot. All of my drivers are updated, I've disable the virus scan, updated all the game files but nothing seems to have solved the problem.

Worst part is, I came back to HZ hoping some of the bugs had been fixed but now I'm finding it's just as broken as ever. Guess it's time to head out again and hope that someday things will be fixed to where the game is playable. I really miss my dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivamet View Post
    I'm having this happen, too. Only problem is, it locks up my whole computer and the only way for me to clear it is a hard boot. All of my drivers are updated, I've disable the virus scan, updated all the game files but nothing seems to have solved the problem.
    I'm having this too, and I know for sure that the problem is caused by the video drivers or hardware. Only fix I've found is to install Vista xD Cause this OS does not crash ; I get a black screen for a few seconds and get an error message telling that the video driver stopped working and has been fixed. I don't even get disconnected. Maybe the only good point Vista will ever have :P

I've had two problems with reboots/freezing.

1. I got regular freezing/blue screens when I had AVG's anti spyware installed. Removing it stopped the problem.

2. The freezing occurs for me if I play Hz, log out and log back in again. It will then sieze up within a few minutes, usually when I'm turning my character, jumping off a cliff or doing something that requires a lot of scenery movement.
    Rebooting after each session in Hz avoids this for me.

Getting a problem with this since I logged in after today's maintenance. Has happened in the past and stopped as mysteriously as it started. The whole computer locks up and the only option is to hit reset, control alt delete just won't work.

Any ideas?

Btw, I am NOT technically minded at all so all ideas need to be in nice, short words that I can understand, lol

Thread Information