Thread: *bangs head on side of cliff*

Default *bangs head on side of cliff*

ooc- i cant play horizons because of vista... but if i get another computer my parents would be hurt because this was a gift from their hearts...

IC-gah it seems i can not wake up and into the world of hz and its frustrating me to no end. I dont know what i can do
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Default Re: *bangs head on side of cliff*

Quote Originally Posted by venom-dragon7799 View Post
    IC-gah it seems i can not wake up and into the world of hz and its frustrating me to no end. I dont know what i can do
    IC - Shalkyn eyes the slumbering Dragon and sighs. He has heard tell of a ritual that might be able to wake him, but there are only a few who can manage such an ancient and complicated ritual and it is frought with certain dangers... Dangers to the sleepers memory, even his life...

Shalkyn sighs again and looks to the sky. He has also heard tell that the Makers, those who once again stride the lands, have taken notice of the sleepers and it is said they work to awaken them... But the Makers work in their own ways and in their own time, and all Shalkyn can do is trust in them.

Shalkyn looks around to the other Dragons present, then back to the slumbering elder, "Do we attempt to awaken him ourselves? Or do we trust in the Makers and bide our time?"

OOC - If you are feeling up to it, I can talk you through setting up a second partition on your computer and installing XP on it just to get you by until the Vista fix from Virtrium goes gold... It's fairly easy even if you have to slipstream SATA drivers onto a new XP CD to get the drive controller working
    for XP install.

The down side to this is that there is always risk to any existing data when you re-partition drives... If you don't have a good backup it is possible, though unlikely, that you could loose everything attempting something like this.

The laptop I'm on right now came with Vista - but Vista is so broken in my (not so) humble opinion that I took the day, reformatted, and got XPsp2 running on it... It's been flawless ever since.

its a risky thing to do though, specially if your sitting on a notebook. If you create another partition on the same harddisc to install another OS, you are most likely to run into the problem that the OS on the second partition will search for C:/windows/system32 and also find it to do required actions. Meaning your second OS is going to write part of its "crap" into the first OS, which will slowly kill it. That cant work forever, and depending how much of a heavy user you are you might live through your first system breakdown within the first 4 months to a year.

If you are attempting to do something like that and are sitting on a vista notebook, please make sure that you had a recovery CD in the box when you bought it or otherwise create one.

Wouldnt it be just as easy to just backup your existing drive then format and install xp pro or home what ever you prefer and then down the road redo vista when its more compatable with such games.. or go out and buy another hard drive an dinstall XP on that drive make it your primary drive and set your other drive secondary and do it that way or possibly just unconnet your vista drive and connect a new xp drive for the time being..

would be, if he is on a proper computer and not a notebook. Swapping notebook harddiscs might take a while though.

Also, if you have a notebook which was sold with windows vista you should try to find windows xp drivers for it before deinstalling everything. Most new notebooks dont even have drivers for windows xp on the net.

Anyway, if there are no windows xp drivers for your current notebook, there might probably be drivers for an older version of your notebook that also fit. Really something to research before trying it though, calling the notebook producers hotline might be an option if you dont find any info on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    would be, if he
    erm im Female

arg still cant log in, *starts muttering in draconic* i really am starting to miss order and want to be back

Aww, I hope you can get back soon! Idar and I are going to ascend on Sunday.. I really hope you can find a way to log on, at least just for that..

*nuzzles auntie Saphire*
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Thread Information