Thread: A new emote for dragons.

Talking A new emote for dragons.

I would really like to see a "Sleep" emote... Sit down with your dragon and then type /sleep. (This Emote would not undo itself till you moved). Your Dragon would then Curl up into a ball with it's head tucked under a wing and the tail wrapped around you. I think this would look good in the lairs in any room but would look wonderful with a hoard or hatchling chamber.

Default Re: A new emote for dragons.

that would be so absolutely uber.

What a nice way to afk roleplaying, too !

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    that would be so absolutely uber.

What a nice way to afk roleplaying, too !
    why not tie this animation (that needs to be created btw) to the /afk command ? Dunno if it is possible tho

Oh yeah.... or how about a /rest command where your dragon just puts it's head down? I'd love both!

Neatly curled into a ball? Bah. I'd rather be sprawled out (almost like the 'dead' state) with a slowly expanding puddle of drool underneath and a snot bubble coming out of my nose!

Now, /that/ says "AFK".

haha, and a small burst of flame coming out of the nostrils once in a while !

Or t'other end?
    Maturity is overrated

lol...

but i think the devs can use the "death" animation for the sleep emote, dragon roars (yawns) and lies then still on the floor

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

hehe but the Death animation doesn't look very relaxing but yeah the main thing that gave me this idea was for AFK. since i have this bad habit of going afk all the time (guess that's the life of a single mom lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Neatly curled into a ball? Bah. I'd rather be sprawled out (almost like the 'dead' state) with a slowly expanding puddle of drool underneath and a snot bubble coming out of my nose!
    News Brief: Kion flooded today...early reports are listing 'drooling dragon' as the cause of this disaster, but have yet to be confirmed...

*grins* Great ideas, but Steelclaw's idea could get messy, fast! Personally, I'd rather be able to 'sleep', as that would make waiting for DP's and health recovery much more realistic: take a nap, rather than sit and twitch for minutes/hour(s). ...or just go craft, but where's the fun in that?

Ha! This would be awesome. I'd like to see an emote like this for everyone, but it would be coolest for dragons. I almost think that something like this is significant enough to spend artist time on...

Or maybe there are skilled members of the community who could make something like this? Has Vi ever put a community made animation into the game? Have there ever even been any community made animations?

That would rule, I want to curl up in the middle of New Trismus and scare all the new bipeds away by waking up with a big roar!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    That would rule, I want to curl up in the middle of New Trismus and scare all the new bipeds away by waking up with a big roar!
    LOL i would love to see that make sure you get a video though :P

some of the emotes we have now i think were player made and VI was nice enough to add them. So yes players can make them hehe i would but i'm not talented enough

Quote Originally Posted by CottenCandy View Post
    LOL i would love to see that make sure you get a video though :P

some of the emotes we have now i think were player made and VI was nice enough to add them. So yes players can make them hehe i would but i'm not talented enough
    Not really the most animations where in the game already, the players found them and activated them.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I would love to just have an /afk indication. This idea of sleeping is pretty neat, but that way if you need to leave for a few minutes for whatever reason('cmon we all need to eat etc.), people aren't trying to talk to you thinking you are there, then spending the next 5 minutes trying to apoligize to a player who labels you as 'rude'

hehe yeah i been cussed out a few times for being rude.... and i was afk thru the whole conversation :P (if you knock and get no response... that means no one is home)

dont come knockin' if this drake is rockin'

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    dont come knockin' if this drake is rockin'
    Oh now THAT was imagery I didn't need.

Thread Information