Thread: Feedback on Payment System KB

Default Feedback on Payment System KB

Hello,

We've put together a new article about how to change from PayPal to Direct Credit Card or vice versa.

If you're interested in making this change, please read this article and give it a go - if anything is confusing, or unclear, please let us know so we can fix the KB article. Istaria deals with subscriptions a bit different than other games (we're more of a service model than subscription model - ie. you have an account with many services, rather than most games where an account equals the services)

http://support.istaria.com/support-c...mod_id=2&id=55

Thank you,

Horizons CS

Default Re: Feedback on Payment System KB

Sounds good to me If i can understand it then it means it's well written..

The only complaint i've found with the new billing system is when i add a new account i have two different dates that money is due. if there was a option to have all of them on the same day (for example.. the first of every month) without having to cancel my accounts wait till the first and then reopen them. I know that wont work for everyone but some times i dont have money in my bank account at the end of the month

Not sure if this is what your looking for.. Still half asleep

Good day
    CC

Thank you CC! Well, 134 views and one reply - so either it's solid, or so terrible that it traumatized who ever ready it. I think we're going to go with solid... time to put together a public posting.

Horizons CS

I just tried to set up an account to return to Horizons.

Gave me a transaction declined error, but my CC company says it went thru on their end.

I submitted a ticket to the billing dept.

But, what if you have the grandfathered fee? Will I be able to do that under the grandfathered fee, monthly? I dont understand why I have to add another account though?

I passed your comments to the dev and he made a quick change to the article:
    * Please note that if you took part in the Grandfather promotion, you can not change billing methods.

>>I dont understand why I have to add another account though?
    To change billing methods, you don't have to add another account. You just add another subscription and pay with a different payment method. An account can always have multiple subscriptions if needed / desired.

Horizons CS

A few questions :
    Why is the phone number required when entering a new credit card ? Since I live in Europe it's pretty useless.
    About the charater name change token, is that new, or did I miss the announcement ? (and I think $10 to change a name is a bit expensive, but well, that's just my thoughts)

I played another game way back where there were individual fees for various account management activities. I think name changes were $10-$15 per character. Character transfers to different accounts were $20 per character and required mailed in signatures/verifications from both account holders (From and To).

As this is "fluff" and not essential to the workings of the game, I don't think it's unreasonable and probably depends on the amount of time/work involved.

That is very disapointing about the billing. I truly hate paypal, and if they screw up my account, as they have done in the past, I will truly not be a happy camper. Its not my fault that pay pal messes up as much as they do, and it surely isnt my fault that you all chose pay pal first. I wish it were done the other way around, where I could use my credit card for the first selection without using paypal. But, you know what they say about wishes, eh? *sighs*

I agree Peaches,
    but now it works with your cc?

As I already said, I had probs from the beginning and all 4 acc. chancelled.
    But it was a 5 min. thing to switch to cc and go on playing.

Good friends from Europe assured me that they had never probs with paypal-
    and was tempted to blame my color of the scales, age or gender that paypal did not like me^^well, must have been something else

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    About the charater name change token, is that new, or did I miss the announcement ? (and I think $10 to change a name is a bit expensive, but well, that's just my thoughts)
    I can't say as to what Vi's reasoning is, but I assume it is the same as the reasoning other games use. And indeed, the reasoning behind Toll Roads and the like. There are two payment styles for any type of service product:

1) Everyone pays the same amount, and the cost of individual use of services is spread out to everyone,

2) The person who uses a service pays for it.

There are places where either system can work better than the other. For essential services (like firefighters, healthcare, police, etc) it makes sense for everyone to pay into a central cashpot, and for services to be dished out as needed. In HZ this is like the fee for your account, which keeps the servers running. For non-essential services, like getting a cup of coffee in the morning (bleech!), it makes sense to pay on an individual level, cause these are things you can live without if you need to. In games like this that would be things that use up Dev time, but don't add to the game (like name changes).

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    I can't say as to what Vi's reasoning is, but I assume it is the same as the reasoning other games use. And indeed, the reasoning behind Toll Roads and the like. There are two payment styles for any type of service product:

1) Everyone pays the same amount, and the cost of individual use of services is spread out to everyone,

2) The person who uses a service pays for it.

There are places where either system can work better than the other. For essential services (like firefighters, healthcare, police, etc) it makes sense for everyone to pay into a central cashpot, and for services to be dished out as needed. In HZ this is like the fee for your account, which keeps the servers running. For non-essential services, like getting a cup of coffee in the morning (bleech!), it makes sense to pay on an individual level, cause these are things you can live without if you need to. In games like this that would be things that use up Dev time, but don't add to the game (like name changes).
    Oh I understand that, really, and I agree we should pay for that, I just think $10 is a bit expensive. It's only my opinion, I just wanted to say it. But noone answered : is it new or did I miss the announcment ?

Thread Information