Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lairs unavailable huh!

Default Lairs unavailable huh!

Hello.. i know this probably has come up many times. over the past while. but i just find this so frustrating....
    I am a new player in this game just started to enjoy and find this going to be my new home for online game. so here i am Dragon character...
    I say hmm lets take a look around for a home for my homeless dragon.. ..
    Do you think i can find a lair for myself so i can start my home .. no thats right no is the correct answer.. its very upsetting.. i hear so much about lair shaping for dragons and how complex it can be. and i was sold right there. another reason for starting a dragon..... but i cant because i can't find any where to buy a lair again very upsetting being a new player in the game and cant find a place to call home.. thers tons and tons of plots available but no lairs.. i think is would be kinda nice to see the same amount of plots available as there are lairs its like theres 10 plot for every 1 lair kinda odd...its not like there isnt lots of space..

But all in all i just very upset that i can't purchase a place especially a new player comming into the game i have brought 3 other possibly 4 frinds to this game.. since i started and i am sure there going to be in the same vote.. mind you there not all dragons..
    But being a new owners to the game you would think that they would expect new players to start playing this wonderful game and would maybe do something about the plots i not going to get into it on what or how they should do it .. i just asking nicely if they could hurry up and do something of this sort especially if there doing this unity ordeal in the very near future you will think all of whom pick chaos will end up seeking what i do a new home...

Anyhow now i got that off my chest you all have a wonderful say.. maybe someone out there on chaos might have a lair thats just sitting there dong nothing that maybe that just maybe be waiting for me..

if there is name is Naloth... on Chaos... i am sure some know who i am..

Default Re: Lairs unavailable huh!

It's a known problem. Once reclamation happens, there should be more lairs available to buy.

Have you tried looking out on Drakul? I know those are not the best lairs, but there still might be ones open out there.

2 free lairs left in drakul on chaos

Send me a tell in game i can tell you the locations

Chase
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I maintain a map of available plots here:
    http://bristugo.com/node/59

You're looking for something magenta. Dots are open to all, squares are guild only. Don't bother with the lair on Scorpion Island -- it's for sale, but for about 300g. That leaves the northeast side of Drakul. Good luck!

a lair for 300g ? what kind of a lair is that ? 100 levels deep or something ?

I'm sure thats a player selling it.. not the community...

if the community were selling it, it wouldn't cost more then about 600s...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    a lair for 300g ? what kind of a lair is that ? 100 levels deep or something ?
    I suspect it's either a player who's willing to part with it for that price, or they're hoping it won't get reclaimed because it's "for sale".

Do any of you know when this reclaim might actually happen i dont realy wanna be sittin gaorund for 6 months and not have a palce. and dont really wanna build a palce and hten only to sell or move to a differant area.. i noticed theres the boxed ones there in the guild areas are thos eonly available to the guild them selfs? be nice if there whre more for sale on th emainland area thats a loooong way off on drakul; was ther found like 4 of them for sale. but so far away and bipeds cant get there

Quote Originally Posted by Kardaff View Post
    Do any of you know when this reclaim might actually happen i dont realy wanna be sittin gaorund for 6 months and not have a palce. and dont really wanna build a palce and hten only to sell or move to a differant area.
    That's understandable.

We haven't been told exactly when the plot reclamations are happening yet, but we imagine it will probably be right after the unity characters are merged into Order and Chaos. So... sometime in the next 3 months(?) or so I'd guess, based on the last status update email.

*chuckle* We're discussing this right at the moment on Chaos server.

VI first mentioned that they wanted to revitalize the servers (i.e. plot reclaim) back in July 2007. Since that was 6 months ago, you have to plan accordingly. You could 1.) pay the monthly fee and hope it happens someday, or 2.) keep an eye on these boards. I'm sure if the reclaims ever happen it'll be big news and a hot topic.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Sounds like a reclaim is getting closer and closer. No idea when it will happen though.

If I were in your position, I'd be looking for ways to get coin, be it doing work on other people's plots (and lairs), selling resources, selling tech comps, and/or hunting coin-dropping mobs. Even the simplest of things like bronze bars will sell at the right price (about 10-15c each, in a batch of 1500).

When the auction starts, you'll want that coin. There are people who have been farming coin for a year, some of it AFK macroing. Translation: there will be strong competition for any 'good' lair.

If you feel comfortable with the amount of coin you have to bid, I'd say buy one of the lairs on Drakul that you can live with and start building it. At least that way you have a lair. When the auctions start, add an additional sub, transfer the lair to an alt, and do your bidding. If you win a better lair, decon the old one, take the novians, and build the new one. If you don't win an auction, snoop around after they're over -- the unsold plots are available for instant purchase. If there's nothing better -- well at least you have your lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermithraxx View Post
    *chuckle* We're discussing this right at the moment on Chaos server.

VI first mentioned that they wanted to revitalize the servers (i.e. plot reclaim) back in July 2007. Since that was 6 months ago, you have to plan accordingly. You could 1.) pay the monthly fee and hope it happens someday, or 2.) keep an eye on these boards. I'm sure if the reclaims ever happen it'll be big news and a hot topic.
    Well I think it took so long for two reasons.

1) the billing needed to be fixed. It's been done very recently.

2) the Unity chars transfer. We heard they got some legal troubles for that task. Seems to be solved though, but it'll need some testing first.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Well I think it took so long for two reasons.

1) the billing needed to be fixed. It's been done very recently.

2) the Unity chars transfer. We heard they got some legal troubles for that task. Seems to be solved though, but it'll need some testing first.
    *chuckle* Oh, we could come with a dozen more excuses if we tried. When it breaks down to it, I consider myself from Missouri, Istaria. 'Show me'. I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime, the logic breaks down exactly as I said above. Buy the 'pig in a poke' and hope that a reclaim happens someday, or wait it out knowing that if it ever does happen, it'll be discussed widely here on the board. One could even assume a <gasp> announcement might get made.

That, or grab a few more emails and just keep making 14-trials to explore (and try out new races/classes) the way I know some peeps have been doing.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Well.. i finally found myself a nice warm great view of a lair a very large lair to boot..i can thank a indavidual that offered it to me..for a very little price and i am soo greatful. i am a very happy dragon now.. andLook forward to building my new lair...
    Located in on a Snow area north of the map i believe Taladena or something like that.. sorry if i spelled it wrong...

sweet, congratulations I always dreamed of a snow lair ..

Trandalar, eh? Grats! What community is it in?

Hmm ok hard to explain its hmm if you look at your map that has available plots or lairs on trandalar theres like 7 or 8 purple boxes in that section well if you look down and to the right kinda kiddy corner from those theres a little box ther i think there s like only 4 lairs there thats where mine is at not in game so cant tell yo uexactly

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Sounds like Brandon's Shelf.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I purchased one of the lairs on Drakul, and while size and layout is fantastic the lack of a nearby portal or arrival pad leaves much to be desired. Closest port is Serenity. *groan*

Thread Information