Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fafnir quest line

Default fafnir quest line

ok where can i find out which hides i need for the imperial army quest for fafnir

Default Re: fafnir quest line

I'm sorry, off the top of my head I don't remember which hides are required to get quest credit. You might have better luck, depending on what shard you're on asking the players directly in one of the public channels. As those are for the dragon scale, you might check in the dragon chat channel.

which reward is there?

an item? an emblem? thanks

That I think is the Shield for Bipeds Chest Scale for Dragons. That reduces incoming melee damage, but increases spell damage and has like 200 blight resistance on it. I like my Chest scale.

ui nice

but with the news dps there wont be much parties out for this quest?

Daknor

Singed Scrap
    Charred Portion
    Scorched Portion
    Burned Shred

Fafnir

Decayed Remanent
    Putrid Remanent
    Rotted Shred
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

thank you Chasing,
    now I know,why Unity Lov had not deleted those^^

Wasen`t it: Daknor= ceremonial shield for bipeds
    Fafnir = chest scale (with eth. atmor) for dragons?
    but you had to play Daknor quest first before you could go for Fafnir?

I gave both items away, because I did not need it-
    but it was much fun hunting the bosses^^i

You can do both quests at the same time now, and yes shield from daknor, scale from Fafnir. The quests start at the Old Oaks Outpost now and not in Tazoon.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

They ever fix the Blight Hounds from dropping the pieces for the chest scale? Kind of like what happened with the marrows at valkors.

Yes blight hounds still drop fafnir hides, however it is rare drop. You would be better off killing Fafnir.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Well on Order Fafnir grps are INCREDIBLY rare. Im not kidding i havent seen a Fafnir hunt on the server in about month now. I even volunteer to take the initial crits and dps and people just dont want to hunt that thing at all.

Try druids/healers with Thunder Cloud and Dragons using eminence to keep faffy stunned.

Pull Faffy to harro gate so you don't get adds. If you get adds with the initial kill then mez faffy and take out adds 1st.

Turn combatspelleffects off so you don't combat lag.

Gift the whole group with speed V and use speed potions.

With the combatspelleffects off you can still see his arms glowing. Soon as they glow you back off out of range until it procs then run back in.

This method works the majority of the time with few dps. As with any fight with faffy it can get out of control sometimes.

Hope this helps

PS You can also setscale the dragons small so they dont block your view of faffy.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

The biggest problem is getting people to come out and hunt him though. Im sure we could take him down if we could actually get a decent sized group out there.

in chaos we have 5 group killed him, 2 druids 3 dragons. i would suggest the dragons get health xtals, have health on their scales and well add tp to health. if you can achive 4400 or so health you CAN survive the scorch if you cant run. also get as much as armor as you can, even armor xtals, this does lower the scorch dmg. currently fanfir only does 3300to 3600 scorch dmg to me, if im hit i do my best to heal asap and get away if im aggroed by him to avoid a second scorch. it takes some planning but it can be done.

also for those going for dankor, just focus on seeking a safe spot to fight him. you really only need 2 to 3 players, 1 healer and 2 dragons, his fight is only a bit long. pv does help alot. the trick to him is to keep the healer out of his stun radius. any other dragons stun just get ready to fly, once the stunn is off wait in the air untill the tanked player (aggroed player) mentions that daknor did his stun. then fly down, attack doing 3 full goldrages and fly up again and wait again for the stun to be mentioned. rince and repeat. this may be longer for bipeds as well they cannot fly. there is only one attack you may want to fear from daknor. he does a5 ht mind damage attack that hits for 900+ each, this is insta kill even for someone like me who can achive over 5000 health with xtals , pots and pedbuffs also dragon. the good thing is he rarely uses it.
    Last edited by Machariel; June 15th, 2008 at 02:21 AM.

Do I have to loot them or just have them in my inventory? I also need this quest done

does the battlemage ability (damage shield) or fiend channeling still work against fafnirr?

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Do I have to loot them or just have them in my inventory? I also need this quest done
    you can trade for them if you check the quest it does not tell you which pieces are needed. so well if you have the money or items to trade for the skins. you can even do that to get them. Fighting fanfir can net you atleast 1 to all 3 hides. normally he may drop 2 and rarely he may drop the ones you dont need.

daknor on the other hand is very selfish with the hides. because he is much more of a breeze to kill than fanfir, he sometimes may only drop one hide and high chance is not good one. he occasionally drops 2 and sometimes nothing.

the good thing is that these 2 bosses do spawn every 30 min after a good smackdown.
    vi did change fanfirs dmg output t gave him more health. this should encourage more players to take him on as well he wont 1 shot you with scorch if you keep your health high, invest in health /armor xtals and add to health via tps.
    Clicky and help em grow http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/57753

Whats the diff between singed scrap and singed fragment. I won singed fragment after looting, the other i got with the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonfyre View Post
    Whats the diff between singed scrap and singed fragment. I won singed fragment after looting, the other i got with the quest.
    some hides are usless.

this was posted by chasing a bit down in the thread:

Daknor

Singed Scrap
    Charred Portion
    Scorched Portion
    Burned Shred

Fafnir

Decayed Remanent
    Putrid Remanent
    Rotted Shred

Chaos Shard

these are what your looking for.
    Clicky and help em grow http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/57753

Well loks like that Rotted chunk sitting in my vault is worthles, cuz it looks like i need rotted shred

Thread Information