Thread: Age of Fire

Hybrid View

Default Age of Fire

donno how many of you have heard of it, but i don't see a topic for it

bloody awesome series of books by E.E. Knight, about dragons, from the point of view of dragons. series has three books so far, each about an individual dragon from the same clutch, told from the moment of hatching onward.

http://www.vampjac.com/ageoffire/index.htm

very well-written, but definitely not a fairy tale, these dragons live hard lives.

but bloody awesome books.

Default Re: Age of Fire

I absolutely love that series. Got the third book over Christmas and ate it up in three days. It's just too bad that the next book when they all meet up is not gonna me out till next Christmas

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Awesome series... reading the third now. I think Nambroth said something about them, so I ordered the two that were out at the time. I can't say I'm having much fun reading the third one for some reason. I've gone back to reading Dawn Cook's Truth series again.

I think the post I saw was in the "Post your dragon art here" thread.

But yes seems to be a good series... and certainly no fairy tale. Go read!!

Rakku

the third i had some difficulty getting in to until about teh last third of the book. reading it again, however, i was much more satisfied.

I'm looking forward to the next three!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

ouch, please don't tell me there are 3 more coming.

I think that the reason some aren't as into the 3rd book is that to start off with, it's hard to have sympathy for the copper, as in how he was protrayed in the first 2 books. I was surprised actually to find that the 3rd book was "his story".

I do like this series more than his vampire earth series but am getting tired of "trilogies" that wind up becoming septologies or more.

On the note of dragon books, the novel "bitterwood" was quite good as well. Someone mentioned the Dawn Cook novels earlier in the thread, those were enjoyable as well, and very easy to read.

Neil Gaiman, writer of the Sandman comic book, all his novels just rock, he's got a fantastic writing style. And if you haven't checked out Sandman, do, its just great.

Humm, this sure sounds interesting! I shall keep my eyes open, just in case I'd see this series in the shelves somewhere.

Sadly, it's a hard mission to accomplish in Finland.. But with these special book stores with English books on sale.. you'll never know. As far as dragon related books go, I've only read the Eragon series (well, halfway through Brisingr now. ) And Dragonlance's The Dragons. I'd definitely love to have some more, dragons surely deserve more books from their point of view!

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Salama View Post
    I'd definitely love to have some more, dragons surely deserve more books from their point of view!
    I'd definitely recommend the Elizabeth Kerner and Dawn Cook novels I listed in my old post then Trica...

Edit: And thanks Shur for the summary ... I didn't remember that being the Queen but it does make sense now.

Rakku

In a round about way it does have dragons..

But if noone's ever picked up the Daggerspell (first book I think of a very long series ongoing - we're up to..book 14/15 right now..over the last 20 years..) by Katherine Kerr - best and most original fantasy series I think I've EVER read..
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Stephen King's Dark Tower series is one of the best fantasy/sci fi/western/horror series i've read lately. I have a hard time with straight fantasy these days, I tend to see right thru it, doesn't hold my attention.

Thread Information