Thread: Age of Fire

Hybrid View

Default Re: Age of Fire

the third i had some difficulty getting in to until about teh last third of the book. reading it again, however, i was much more satisfied.

I'm looking forward to the next three!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

ouch, please don't tell me there are 3 more coming.

I think that the reason some aren't as into the 3rd book is that to start off with, it's hard to have sympathy for the copper, as in how he was protrayed in the first 2 books. I was surprised actually to find that the 3rd book was "his story".

I do like this series more than his vampire earth series but am getting tired of "trilogies" that wind up becoming septologies or more.

On the note of dragon books, the novel "bitterwood" was quite good as well. Someone mentioned the Dawn Cook novels earlier in the thread, those were enjoyable as well, and very easy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    On the note of dragon books, the novel "bitterwood" was quite good as well. Someone mentioned the Dawn Cook novels earlier in the thread, those were enjoyable as well, and very easy to read.
    Just ordered Bitterwood.. ... looks pretty interesting.

I'm approaching the end of Lost Truth for the second run through the series. Such a great story wish there were a few more.

Rakku

I liked that the copper had a story. It's a realistic check and balance- there is no such thing as black and white 'good and evil' and I think this is a great way of showing both sides. I don't think you are supposed to have sympathy for the copper- I think it's more about how real life works.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Hmm...sounds like an interesting series. I may have to pick it up when I finish my current batch of books.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I do like this series more than his vampire earth series but am getting tired of "trilogies" that wind up becoming septologies or more.
    I'm still on the first Vampire Earth book...about halfway to two-thirds of the way through. I've been sitting at that point for over a week now, if that gives any indication of how little I enjoy the series.

On the note of dragon books, the novel "bitterwood" was quite good as well.
    Didn't much like that one either.

Someone mentioned the Dawn Cook novels earlier in the thread, those were enjoyable as well, and very easy to read.
    Brain candy!

Sound like an interesting series. I'll have to look into them; re-reading my extensive collection of Pratchett books is getting somewhat repetitive (not that I'm complaining ) and there aren't enough Vampire Chronicles either!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Ooh, this sounds like something I could get into. *scoots off to go find books* I haven't read any dragon-oriented books in a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    Ooh, this sounds like something I could get into. *scoots off to go find books* I haven't read any dragon-oriented books in a while now.
    Ok you want dragon books? ...
    Elizabeth Kerner - Song in the Silence (first of three books; all very good)
    Dawn Cook - First Truth, Hidden Truth, Forgotten Truth, and Lost Truth ... all very good)
    Joanne Bertin - The Last Dragonlord (first of two good books)
    Patricia Briggs - Dragonbones, and Dragonblood (also pretty damned good... some nasty and shocking realities in there too).
    That Paolini bloke... Eragon and Eldest (third book on the way; forget the Star Wars re-hash that the movie was, even if Saphira was pretty )
    Richard Knakk - The Legend of Huma (dragon related; good read)
    Name Unspellable from memory Ursulu le Guin? - The Earthsea Quartet (tough read but good story; has dragons sporadically)

And I'm damned if I'm gonna leave these out, even if they're gryphon novels and not dragon...
    Mercedes Lackey - The Black Gryphon, The White Gryphon, and the Silver Gryphon (all very good, the final one a little weaker than the other two)

That should keep you busy for a while.

Rakku

Thread Information