Thread: About NAMES

Default About NAMES

Justsomething 'miscellanious' concerning names which I find a lot of players don't know (or don't think of):

Your Friendslist is your friend.To my knowledgeyou can see if a certain name exists on Unity by trying to add it to your friendslist. If it exists, it will be added (also whenthat player is off-line!). If it does not exist it will not be added (alsomeaning: will be free to use as a new name for you...).

Great way to see ahead if a new name you have in mind already exists or not.
    Also a nice help if youwould not mindgiving away the name of one of your ownrarely onlinealts: by typing the name with the other _shard(s) behind it you can find out within two tries at mostif a counterpart nameholder exists, and if so in which communityyour 'counterpart nameholder'must be; after that you can contact him/her directly from the friendslist, or when this player is not online you will know which player-channels to go to (old-shard-specific channels have been made again on unity), which groups of players to askif they knowthat counterpart, etc.
    The other way around can be near to impossible; so why not take a few minutes to see if yóu can help anóther instead... make someones day maybe[:D]

Elvira

Default Re: About NAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee
    Your Friendslist is your friend.To my knowledgeyou can see if a certain name exists on Unity by trying to add it to your friendslist. If it exists, it will be added (also whenthat player is off-line!). If it does not exist it will not be added (alsomeaning: will be free to use as a new name for you...).
    It can be used to check in first place, but quite a few of the free names, are also the names that are for some reason unacceptable. As an example, I didn't find out that the name Frostbite is unacceptable, until I tried making a char. I don't know why it's unacceptable, but it is.

Thread Information