Thread: Fishing

Default Fishing

Alright... Anyone that has ever tried to go fishing for T5 fish, have noticed that there is approximately 1 place to do so without drowning in an attempt to actually fish. I don't discount that T5 or 6 fish should be more difficult to get to then tiers 1-4.

I would therefore like to contribute these following suggestions:

1) Have a couple of spawns that you can fish from bridges if you chose.
    2) Add some world projects in some of the higher fish populated areas that would be some small docks that would actually reach out to where the fish spawn.
    3) Create a new tech that would increase the casting range of the fishing pole... or make a crystal that would do it.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Default Re: Fishing

I'm all for these ideas, and I don't even fish!
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Ya, dying discourages me from fishing, especially drowning from fishing, I agree with your post, please, do something about drowning while fishing!

I actually asked the devs about inaccesible fish about a year ago. I was told that not all fish nodes where meant to be fished. They're for decoration only

Of course some of them are for decoration.. I am not arguing that fact.. the problem still remains that for the most part... the only way to fish T5 fish is to drown or risk serious aggro while doing it. Now... My main character, is the one that can actually fish the T5 fishies... can hold his own out there fishing, he has a rough go at it at times, but he still can handle himself in a crunch.

My point being.. there is only really 1 place to fish shore reachable T5 fish without actually Swimming with the fishes to catch them. While that might be appealing to some, it would be nice to have a couple random fishin spots elsewhere that are reachable from the shore.. maybe only 1 spawn under a bridge every 12-24 hours or so.. would still be fishable, just more rare to happen at that location, where the dangerous spot respawns like mad crazy like...

Anyway... tis just a set of Ideas I had while running around nearly every shoreline in the whole of Istaria lookin for what fish spawn where, so that Perhaps when the Confectioner revamp is in full swing, I can supply my fav Confectioners with fishes, and rare fish drops.. btw.. I have at least 100 of each of the T1-T5 drops.. including nearly 100 squid also to my collection.. was having a bit of a fun time one day..

Also.. I was wondering when the Bulk changed of the fish.. I vaguely remember fishes having a bulk of 4... I could've sworn I had ~4k trout in a cargo disk once.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    Alright... Anyone that has ever tried to go fishing for T5 fish, have noticed that there is approximately 1 place to do so without drowning in an attempt to actually fish. I don't discount that T5 or 6 fish should be more difficult to get to then tiers 1-4.

I would therefore like to contribute these following suggestions:

1) Have a couple of spawns that you can fish from bridges if you chose.
    2) Add some world projects in some of the higher fish populated areas that would be some small docks that would actually reach out to where the fish spawn.
    3) Create a new tech that would increase the casting range of the fishing pole... or make a crystal that would do it.
    To me this brings up the idea that they need to implement the code to allow swimming. Water interaction could also open the door for boats. You don't even need to add new animations for dragons swimming as they're already in game. Just side step your dragon like a crab and it already slithers that would fit well for swimming.

There is a way to get those T5 fish. We turned the background down to 0 and the water disappeared, alowing us to run right up to the fish without fear of drowning. But, that doesn't work all the time and when it did, the effect only lasted for about 5 minutes, sometimes less, before the water came back. So if you try that, be aware that there is still a chance of drowning.

Ok, so it is cheating a bit. But you are right, that area is too hard to fish in without having some kind of advantage. My main biped alt is far more into all the different crafting possibilities to really care that much about adventuring. When I go out to these dangerous spots, I have to drag along bodyguards. It just kind of sucks to force someone to lvl up in adventuring, when they're not really into it, just to get the needed resorces to make the stuff that they are interested in doing. My crafting classes will always surpass my adventure just becasue that's how I enjoy my time in Istaria.

All three great ideas Fratricide, sorry if spelt your name wrong. Really like both the world built docks and the tech.
    Last edited by Teto Frum; February 8th, 2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information