Thread: Crystalshaping xp

Hybrid View

Default Crystalshaping xp

Right now, when craftin crystals, a dragon don't get any experience, neither in DCRA nor in DLSH. I know there was supposed to be a crystalshaping school, but obviously this won't be ever implemented.

So I'm asking, can we have dlsh experience when crafting crystal ?

Default Re: Crystalshaping xp

Actually, there isn't supposed to be a crystalshaping school. I'm too lazy right now to search for the post, but it's been said that Lairshaping uses the primary skill system. This is different from other crafting schools. You get experience for lairshaping and lairshaping only.

It isn't an oversight or a school that was never implemented. It's intentional. I remember this mostly because I asked the same thing when the school was first released.

That being the case, shouldn't there be SOME school that earns XP from crafting crystals? Even hypothetically expanding the Primary Skill system to other schools, there is SOME school that earns XP for everything craftable. Miners/Gatherers getting XP from refining base resources.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Actually, there isn't supposed to be a crystalshaping school. I'm too lazy right now to search for the post, but it's been said that Lairshaping uses the primary skill system. This is different from other crafting schools. You get experience for lairshaping and lairshaping only.

It isn't an oversight or a school that was never implemented. It's intentional. I remember this mostly because I asked the same thing when the school was first released.
    Oh I've been told by several people about a supposed Crystalshaping school, thanks for the clarification. But still, I think this is a waste of experience :/ If we can't have it in dlsh, can we have dcra xp ? please :3

*raises a claw* I second this request! It'd be great if crystals shaping were to give exp in one of the schools. Especially since it can be kinda hard to find a lair with a crystalshaper in it.

I may have been on of those people. I take that from the now very old crystal preview where they talked about dragons and Tinkers being able to combine crystals and worked out also that a new craft school would be created for dragons for making crystals and combining them. In hopes that dragons would be able to make something bipeds would want. That is still something I hope gets done in the future as dragons need something they can trade to bipeds I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Oh I've been told by several people about a supposed Crystalshaping school, thanks for the clarification. But still, I think this is a waste of experience :/ If we can't have it in dlsh, can we have dcra xp ? please :3
    Wish I found this thread sooner. Sorry Valea for driving you crazy. I recently sent in a ticket on this very problem with Crystalshapping thinking it was a recent bug since the last patch.

For the amount of crystals that need to be "focused" in making crystal lattices [I'm looking at having to convert something like 50,000 with only 2 levels designed], we should get some amount of xp in at least Lairshaping.

Since Crystalshaping is listed and gained under Dragon Lairshaping, I think it should gain the xp under that school. Even if it is just on a 1:1 basis, that would be fair. We get experience for the creating the other base components (gems, tri-cut gems, bricks, bars, orbs, etc.), so why not focused azulyte crystals?
    Coral Emberdrake (Adventurer 50/Crafter 70/Lairshaper 22 Dragon Hatchling)

Fyrenan Silentsong, Demothene Mater[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrenan View Post
    We get experience for the creating the other base components (gems, tri-cut gems, bricks, bars, orbs, etc.), so why not focused azulyte crystals?
    Lairshapers don't get XP for making any of the intermediate resources, including bricks, bars and orbs. And crystals. Sorry, it is working as intended.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

From what I heard other players say it is partially to prevent players from attaining lvl 100 lairshaping without ever crafting a single building block and only craft crystals.

Eventhough it might working normally.
    I personally prefere to only get the message: You have created "amount" Item.
    Instead of also the message that I am supposed to get experience but I am not in the right school.
    Isnt it possible to set experience amount for crafting crystals to zero? And after that remove that message.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Lairshapers don't get XP for making any of the intermediate resources, including bricks, bars and orbs. And crystals. Sorry, it is working as intended.
    Not in Lairshaping but in the normal crafting school they do. I think that the point of this question has been that crystalshaping does not give any experience in any school. Which is a bit strange and inconsistent with the rest of the game.

But I think that the argument is a little pointless anyway. LS is so much easier when you are at a higher level of craft that the exp that you would get in DCRA from CS would be insignificant (and in the case of T1-T3 nonexistent). On top of that Lair resources give you heaps of exp in DLSH anyway making once again the exp gained from crystals insignificant.

That being said I still think that CS should give exp somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I remember the same as Frith-Rae, what is the status to updating the other construction schools to be similar?

And would be better to just remove that irrating "You didn't earn XP" message.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information