Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystalshaping xp

Default Crystalshaping xp

Right now, when craftin crystals, a dragon don't get any experience, neither in DCRA nor in DLSH. I know there was supposed to be a crystalshaping school, but obviously this won't be ever implemented.

So I'm asking, can we have dlsh experience when crafting crystal ?

Default Re: Crystalshaping xp

Actually, there isn't supposed to be a crystalshaping school. I'm too lazy right now to search for the post, but it's been said that Lairshaping uses the primary skill system. This is different from other crafting schools. You get experience for lairshaping and lairshaping only.

It isn't an oversight or a school that was never implemented. It's intentional. I remember this mostly because I asked the same thing when the school was first released.

That being the case, shouldn't there be SOME school that earns XP from crafting crystals? Even hypothetically expanding the Primary Skill system to other schools, there is SOME school that earns XP for everything craftable. Miners/Gatherers getting XP from refining base resources.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Actually, there isn't supposed to be a crystalshaping school. I'm too lazy right now to search for the post, but it's been said that Lairshaping uses the primary skill system. This is different from other crafting schools. You get experience for lairshaping and lairshaping only.

It isn't an oversight or a school that was never implemented. It's intentional. I remember this mostly because I asked the same thing when the school was first released.
    Oh I've been told by several people about a supposed Crystalshaping school, thanks for the clarification. But still, I think this is a waste of experience :/ If we can't have it in dlsh, can we have dcra xp ? please :3

*raises a claw* I second this request! It'd be great if crystals shaping were to give exp in one of the schools. Especially since it can be kinda hard to find a lair with a crystalshaper in it.

I may have been on of those people. I take that from the now very old crystal preview where they talked about dragons and Tinkers being able to combine crystals and worked out also that a new craft school would be created for dragons for making crystals and combining them. In hopes that dragons would be able to make something bipeds would want. That is still something I hope gets done in the future as dragons need something they can trade to bipeds I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Oh I've been told by several people about a supposed Crystalshaping school, thanks for the clarification. But still, I think this is a waste of experience :/ If we can't have it in dlsh, can we have dcra xp ? please :3
    Wish I found this thread sooner. Sorry Valea for driving you crazy. I recently sent in a ticket on this very problem with Crystalshapping thinking it was a recent bug since the last patch.

For the amount of crystals that need to be "focused" in making crystal lattices [I'm looking at having to convert something like 50,000 with only 2 levels designed], we should get some amount of xp in at least Lairshaping.

Since Crystalshaping is listed and gained under Dragon Lairshaping, I think it should gain the xp under that school. Even if it is just on a 1:1 basis, that would be fair. We get experience for the creating the other base components (gems, tri-cut gems, bricks, bars, orbs, etc.), so why not focused azulyte crystals?
    Coral Emberdrake (Adventurer 50/Crafter 70/Lairshaper 22 Dragon Hatchling)

Fyrenan Silentsong, Demothene Mater[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrenan View Post
    We get experience for the creating the other base components (gems, tri-cut gems, bricks, bars, orbs, etc.), so why not focused azulyte crystals?
    Lairshapers don't get XP for making any of the intermediate resources, including bricks, bars and orbs. And crystals. Sorry, it is working as intended.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

From what I heard other players say it is partially to prevent players from attaining lvl 100 lairshaping without ever crafting a single building block and only craft crystals.

Eventhough it might working normally.
    I personally prefere to only get the message: You have created "amount" Item.
    Instead of also the message that I am supposed to get experience but I am not in the right school.
    Isnt it possible to set experience amount for crafting crystals to zero? And after that remove that message.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Lairshapers don't get XP for making any of the intermediate resources, including bricks, bars and orbs. And crystals. Sorry, it is working as intended.
    Not in Lairshaping but in the normal crafting school they do. I think that the point of this question has been that crystalshaping does not give any experience in any school. Which is a bit strange and inconsistent with the rest of the game.

But I think that the argument is a little pointless anyway. LS is so much easier when you are at a higher level of craft that the exp that you would get in DCRA from CS would be insignificant (and in the case of T1-T3 nonexistent). On top of that Lair resources give you heaps of exp in DLSH anyway making once again the exp gained from crystals insignificant.

That being said I still think that CS should give exp somewhere.

The new crystalshaper school!!!

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Not in Lairshaping but in the normal crafting school they do. I think that the point of this question has been that crystalshaping does not give any experience in any school. Which is a bit strange and inconsistent with the rest of the game.
    My point exactly, since dragon cargo disks (both types) can be seen as similar since you need to use both Crafting and Lairshaping to reach the production of the end product.

I would have no problem (and am planning this anyway) switching between Dragon Crafting (currently 30) and Dragon Lairshaping (currently 15) to gain experience from all I have to craft. As it stands currently, I gain experience from anything I can craft (either school) except the azulyte crystals.

If it is the intention of the developers to never allow one to get experience from using the Crystalshaping skill, please at least change the message about one not earning experience because you are not in the primary school for this skill.

Well wayy back when this was implemented I understood that all the biped craft schools were going ot get similiar overhauls (or maybe just hte construction ones) - much like cooking has gotten a similiar overhaul.

But since that will prolly never happen - I just don't see why it would be a bad thing to get SOME type of experience - wether it be even 20% or normal or something.

So frustrating doing them for "nothing" outside of what they go into - esp. when you has to make so many!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Well wayy back when this was implemented I understood that all the biped craft schools were going ot get similiar overhauls (or maybe just hte construction ones) - much like cooking has gotten a similiar overhaul.

But since that will prolly never happen - I just don't see why it would be a bad thing to get SOME type of experience - wether it be even 20% or normal or something.

So frustrating doing them for "nothing" outside of what they go into - esp. when you has to make so many!
    I am not going to make this in a “why do bipeds get it easy and dragons don’t get it easy� reply so other that what I just said no biped mentioned.

That being said… back to important things.

To be perfectly honest…
    In a strange way I can understand the devs point of view…
    Lairshaping is a newer crafting school for dragons which also requires crystals to be crafted.
    Also it is a building class and thus should only recieve experience from crafting and placing the 6 required construction items.
    It is a shame however that they found the need to also place Crystalshaping in the same school as Lairshaping.
    I really think that crystalshaping since the only thing you do is process unfocused crystals into focused crystals it should be part of the Dragon Crafter school and not part of the Lairshaping school.
    Even if the devs have some future agenda for Crystalshaping it would still belong in crafter school since with crafting school we also craft our scales and spells, then why not possible playermade socketable crystals (hint hint )

Another positive point and probably the most important reason that comes from placing crystalshaping in the crafterschool…
    The attunement for draak quest…
    Right now Attunement quest for Draak requires minimal of 300 crystalshaping skill.
    To be perfectly honest I can understand that nobody wants to grind 2 craft schools to lvl 30-40 before starting Lunus or Helian RoP (don’t know if helians get to Draak a lot??), but being attuned would make things a lot easier for both the hatchling and it’s guardians.
    All it would require if I recall the quest correctly is a flying guildy or friend to gather some Radiant Azulyte crystal from some high mountain far from undead on Draak, which the hatchy would then process together with some other stuff and get his attunement.
    If all hatchies would get their attunement done either as part of RoP or before starting RoP there would be no more needless suicide missions from Harro to Draak through a small part of the T6 Eastern Deadlands.

I vote for moving the Crystalshaping skill from Lairshaping school to Crafting school.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

All it would require if I recall the quest correctly is a flying guildy or friend to gather some Radiant Azulyte crystal from some high mountain far from undead on Draak, which the hatchy would then process together with some other stuff and get his attunement.
    Wrong. You have to harvest the crystals yourself, you have a counter that counts till 150.

And I am all for the overhaul of the existing bulding schools to the setup that lairshapers have (It was anyway supposed to happen,but got delayed i think), that you have actually build the constr units than simply crafting orbs/bricks/bars and get with them to 100.

And who knows, maybe the devs have an superspecial awesome plan for crystalshaping that we players only can dream of?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Wrong. You have to harvest the crystals yourself, you have a counter that counts till 150.
    *Sighs* Ow well it seems my little hatchy will be doing a WA dodge in the future then, although I do think it would be fun to have the attunement to Draak combined with regular RoP. I really loved the story that dragon had to tell about what happened to Draak.
    And I am all for the overhaul of the existing bulding schools to the setup that lairshapers have (It was anyway supposed to happen,but got delayed i think), that you have actually build the constr units than simply crafting orbs/bricks/bars and get with them to 100.
    I do agree with that, however I also think it is a bit late to change it now I guess and in a way wouldnt be fair for the newbies in comparrison to the old players.
    And who knows, maybe the devs have an superspecial awesome plan for crystalshaping that we players only can dream of?
    A dragon can hope...
    A dragon can dream...
    A dragon can hold his breath...
    A dragon can not hope to hold his breath untill his dream comes true...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    I am not going to make this in a “why do bipeds get it easy and dragons don’t get it easy� reply so other that what I just said no biped mentioned.

That being said… back to important things.

I vote for moving the Crystalshaping skill from Lairshaping school to Crafting school.
    Um, that wasn't my point at all. I made that statement to simply give an explanation as to why it was made that way originally..and why perhaps now, since the original explanation doesn't hold water - it could be changed..

And I second your vote..
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I just wanted to cover my behind so that no matter what I typed it wouldnt become a biped vs dragon thread and thus should not be understood as such. We have to many of those already. In no way was I implicating that you had such a post.

Have people forgotten already? This was hashed and rehashed when Lairshaping was first released, and again during confectioner discussions. The way the primay skill system works is by moving all the xp you would gain from intermediate resources into the final product. If you complete the crafting chain all the way up to the final product you actually get more xp than if you simply did, say bricks or lodestones.

The reason the other biped schools haven't been changed is simply due to the amount of work it requires. Last I knew the desire was to move all schools to the new system. When they would actually have the time to do it is another thing entirely.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Have people forgotten already? This was hashed and rehashed when Lairshaping was first released, and again during confectioner discussions. The way the primay skill system works is by moving all the xp you would gain from intermediate resources into the final product. If you complete the crafting chain all the way up to the final product you actually get more xp than if you simply did, say bricks or lodestones.

The reason the other biped schools haven't been changed is simply due to the amount of work it requires. Last I knew the desire was to move all schools to the new system. When they would actually have the time to do it is another thing entirely.

Drev
    I just started playing in March, so I was not part of the previous "school" discussions. I'm not bringing up the whole "no XP for Crystalshaping" argument just to open old wounds. Honestly, I'm okay with the schools as they are.

My problem is with the idea the devs and other players have that when one starts Lairshaping, one already doesn't get XP for the base materials under Dragon Crafting. This thought process only works if the player waits until they are level 100 Crafter before they start Lairshaping.

I started Lairshaping when I was at Crafter 23 (min level can start Lairshaping quests). I have no problem switching back and forth between the 2 schools to get all my XP. My Dragon is helping Biped players gather for construction all the time.

I like Dragonboy's idea that Crystalshaping should be switched over to the Dragon Crafter School so we dragons can get some XP for working millions of crystals. If not, like I stated earlier, at least change the message about "gaining no experience for not being in the primary school" so another new dragon player doesn't start this ball rolling again.

Thread Information