Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crystalshaping xp

Default Re: Crystalshaping xp

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Have people forgotten already? This was hashed and rehashed when Lairshaping was first released, and again during confectioner discussions. The way the primay skill system works is by moving all the xp you would gain from intermediate resources into the final product. If you complete the crafting chain all the way up to the final product you actually get more xp than if you simply did, say bricks or lodestones.

The reason the other biped schools haven't been changed is simply due to the amount of work it requires. Last I knew the desire was to move all schools to the new system. When they would actually have the time to do it is another thing entirely.

Drev
    I myself are by far not against the way the lairshaping school works, better yet I love it. It complicated, grinding, yet fun most of the times.

The point is that from all resources experience can be gained if you are willing to switch many times a day between schools except for processing unfocused to focused crystals.

Because no matter what is said in the past or going to be said in the future. There will always be people that are not going to understand. Even though I have personally excepted it, but I am still curious about why crystalshaping skill has been made part of lairshaping school.
    Because it was a new resource like Lairshaping was a new school?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Yes. Also I think that when it was originally planned they still had the crystal revamp in mind. Which still may happen, as I think that was first spoken of after the labyrinth or work was started on the labyrinth first, at a later date. If they do go forward with the crystal revamp dragons will get some type of crystal creating/moding class, again I think. But that is just from the hints from that preview. The crystal resource was added with that in mind as a resource that could be supplied to biped tinkers and I hoped/hope for a dragon crystal crafting/modding class. It just worked out that with Lairshaper coming out it made sense for them to also put out crystals with that class. Or maybe they started on Lairshaper, with all the floating crystals around Dralk/Chiconis wanted to add crystal and then someone said "Hey we can also use the crystal shaping skill this way." Either way I think all of them were designed around the same time and ideas just piled over as a good way of linking several different content releases together to help build one on top of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Lairshapers don't get XP for making any of the intermediate resources, including bricks, bars and orbs. And crystals. Sorry, it is working as intended.
    I remember the same as Frith-Rae, what is the status to updating the other construction schools to be similar?

And would be better to just remove that irrating "You didn't earn XP" message.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    And would be better to just remove that irrating "You didn't earn XP" message.
    Personally, that message has saved me plenty of times. It's a great reminder when you forgot to switch schools that you made an oops.

Now, if it could be removed without affecting the message appearing for OTHER resources/materials, that would be fine.

I guess eventually you'd notice the lack of any exp message altogether and know to switch. It's a tough call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Thread Information