Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About the new Event....

Default About the new Event....

um.. when reading about the event and what not when you port it says maybe Jaques has the answers to what we seek.... not "have you found alot of candy?" what gives?... really really hard to look for something or understand an event if the main person says.. 'nothing'

Saphirra

Default Re: About the new Event....

I can't log on yet, but I'd like to see if anyone has tried trading with him? Maybe he sells forms?

forms sux!

hi doc may i make an appointment for tomorrow?

i been have mightmares of me killing flame beagles over and over and over...

Saphirra

Sure. The usual fee will be fine, and I'll toss in some jewelry if you bring the mithril.

Still no updates on the event, from anyone? Those of us stuck at work would love to know...

[8]Please?[8]

There. Even an extra-special please.

OKay Jacques was borked. They took him out, and fixed him. He givs you a sack and a mask and you go around collecting candy from the NPCs. But for some reason their not giving any candy...
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Mystara

Go to all rcail cities and greet all NPCs. Its very random but just keep trying and you will get soem treats.. and soemtimes some tricks. :o

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Where would one find him to get the mask/bag?

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Ziggy

On one pass of all the racial cities, i got about 60 value. Some treats aren't worth just 1 value. Only 2 dead rats and 2 salt rocks. They only seem to give candy in the towns that Jacques is in, so not Tazoon. However Old Man Jenkins outside Dalimond gives some. The various masks don't seem to increase your chances of getting something better, and it appears that while only certain NPCs always give candy their pieces are random. I saw someone get some kinda bird once. Changing masks doesn't seem to allow you to get candy from the same NPC nor does it appear to enable other NPCs to give candy. One nice thing is that your alts can get candy too, so you can pool the candy together to get all the masks and stuff. For me, the lag is so bad that i have to wait a few seconds before right clicking to greet, however if i press G for greet, it's pretty much instant so that works better. Just make sure the dialog box pops up before you walk away, sometimes if i don't get near enough to the guy before pressing G he won't engage conversation and i miss the candy. Good luck!

Siareph

Mmmmm... Dead rats.... [:D]

I participated to the event and tought it was fun.

Here is some suggestion for the next event similar type (of course using this event as exemple).

1) Tazoon was left behind (maybe Parsinia did not see it mentionned)

2) More town NPC should participate (at least 60%-70%)

3) Tie it with the player plot event, would have been fun to get a candies from the players plots. The % for good candies be modify by the total amount of festive decoration.

4) a special item could have ben granted to the player that paticipated (festive decoration) ie.: can I turn my pumkins in for a couple of pies?

Could have been fun .. and would have involved the players themselves.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

I had a great time today amassing enough candy to buy a [Ruxus Mask] and a [Demon Mask].

What was frustrating was that I did have to resort to begging for people to sell me candies since you only have the ability to talk to one person once for a trick or a treat (damned dead rats and salt rock).

While I can appreciate the fact that you want to introduce something that will "mean something" after the event is over by limitting the number of people that own them, it's frustrated when you find yourself with a task at hand and no recourse to fulfill it. It might make some sense to have an event that may last for X number of hours but the PCs that choose to participate can actually do so for every minute of that time until it's over if they desire.

But that aside, I did have a fun time as did many people. It was another event that brought a lot of people together in one place that otherwise would not have met or interacted.

I'd also like to commend the fact that there was no level-bias for this event. A level 1 character and a level 100 character still had to do the same running around and had the ability to get the same reward - which is a huge bonus to the community as a whole.

Thanks for the fun time this afternoon!
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

Wibble

The confectioner trainer on the west side of town gives candy, in fact she gave me two different types.

My personal favorite of the items I've seen is the Dragon Clown Mask. I've got to do the quest again to get one for myself cuz if I ever make a dragon, it would have to wear it [8-|]. Out of the biped masks,I really like my Ruxus and Dragon masks. I'm hoping I can get the other things I want before time runs out...

Hurray for visible dragon scales!!!
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

hobojo

Yes, the Clown Mask is hilarious for a Dragon. I had Fireclaw "model" for me with all 5 masks. He even went "Moo" when he put on the cow mask :P

The biped masks are all really cool too, though my personal favorite is the Demon one, with the Ghoulish Pants.

Gave the Dragon mask to a Gnome too :P

Elfie_Elf

I had to say besides the crazy lag.. 1.1 fps at one point I had a blast.. Was great altought I had to beg for some candies from guildmates (btw thanks guys) As a confectionner I wanted the form!.. Got it! Have no clue what the other mask look like. But thanks AE .. that was fun! [:)]

Ziggy

Here's another nice tip, after going around to all the towns once (about 29 NPCs i found), you can delete the quest and relog to get it again. Masks still don't seem to alter the outcomes.

Pretty much the same event as last year, though with more items you can get (and something for us Dragons, too! YAY!).

Certain NPCs give out random pieces of candy or salt rock/dead mice. Candy is worth 1, 2, or 3 cp credit in trade with Jacques. You can collect easily over 100cp credit if you visit all the NPCs who give out candy.

I have done almost all the racial towns. Haven't checked the newbie islands, and only a few of the towers. Last time (yes it was in beta), there were irregular NPCs out in the boonies on the roads and such (and two ancient dragons just south of Tazoon) as well. I haven't seen any of these, so I don't know if they are out there, or if there are different ones in different places.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Shonie

I had a great time with the event [:)] I made enough to get some pumpkin pants (and they were quite sexy if I do say so myself) On an elven girl anyways. And enough left over to give to a guildietowards his confectioners form.[:P] Going to log onto a guild mates dragon in the morning and try to get her a nice mask while she is away.

I also liked that there was no level distinctions to this event. And it really seemed like halloween with everyone and their masks and bags running around the neighborhoods.

My request for next time?:? hmmmm a nice teddie to go with my pumpkin shorts!!!! [:D]

Good job, Devs! Nice and low key and good fun :) Well done!

zerbot

I got 67c in value off 41 NPC's. I don't think I missed many, getting "easily over 100c credit" is quite a stretch I think.

Thread Information