Thread: Wisps on speed

Default Wisps on speed

I hate gathering essence.

Drift point is a nice place to do cast stones as granite and essence is right there along with two public silos and a machine. (at least on Order at any rate)

However, the wisps are incredibly fast. So much so that I can't catch one most times and end up going to Sakon instead for the satisfying essence. With the memory leak in HZ that causes client lag, it is nearly impossible to harvest the bountiful resource nodes sitting on top of drift point. Is the higher speed intended?

Default Re: Wisps on speed

Some wisps also seem to have the amazing ability to warp, right as you're finally right on top of them. This phenomenon can be seen courtesy of the shining wisps, north of harro, across the road, in a small little glade surrounded by hills.

As wisps cannot be stunned, rooted, or otherwise, prevented from moving, it is most annoying.

Equally annoying are the ones that are so full of themselves that, after you start to gather from them, they just keep floating away, till they are far enough away you can't gather anymore. grrrrrrr <swats a Bright Wisp across the clearing>
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Nono. You can't swat them or you will taint the essence -_-

It must be something that gets you irritated, but can't attack them otherwise you lose the resource you are trying to gather.

I wish there was some way to attack them just to pull them to me. I tried some experimenting the other day with some of my attacks. The few that I found that didnt kill them didnt phase them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Nono. You can't swat them or you will taint the essence -_-

It must be something that gets you irritated, but can't attack them otherwise you lose the resource you are trying to gather.
    Speaking of Bright Wisps, and not swatting them... please please PLEASE do NOT kill the Bright Wisps near the road, or in the little canyon near Feladon. All it does is scatter them to the 5 winds, and make it a royal pain for everyone. There are enough wisps there to not have to gather from any one more often than it takes to regenerate it's essence.

NO need to kill them, unless you need tainted. Ifn you need tainted, try to heard them back to the road.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Hmm I remember doing AE debuffs with my dragon to get the whisps to me, they dont do much dmg to a lvl 100 dragon, so i kept the whisps with my debuffs next to me, hehe

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I hate gathering essence.
    I'd rather make adamantium bars...even do tricuts (though maybe not T6), instead of gathering essence, mostly due to the general annoyance of following those silly wisps around.

Thread Information