Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did all the good stuff go....

Wink Where did all the good stuff go....

Im a returning player from release date and one thing i noticed is "WHERE DID ALL THE QUESTS GO." i mean i understand that you all pushed the Withered aegis back but come on where did they all go, and how long do we all think that they are going to stay pushed back, i mean are they really that happy just sitting in their little blighted areas not destroying the races of istaria. and watching us grow and repopulate. that is not how any story ever goes in my book or any book. When was the last time good totally triumphed over evil and they just took their butt whooping and said "ohh well guys i guess we gave it our best shot".

And while im at it where did all the mobs go, i mean we got the werewolves on an island right. well they are dogs and or part dogs anyways, and dogs swim right well they should be like a werewolf pack leader that leads them off the islands or whatever in search of human blood cause its all tasty and they like it or something. Now as i walk around Istaria where there were once mobs there are plots, LMFAO. come on now how many plots do we all need and who is going to buy a 26x26 plot when it can hold barely one building or 10 silos.

dont get me wrong im not ranting and i am glad to be back but just disappointed at some of the changes but i guess thats what happens when the game gets sold like 3 or 4 times or whatever happened. i think that in the next few months that the HZ dev team should focus on maybe coming up with a couple nice story lines cause as i talk to people i keep hearing the same thing you want quests go be a dragon. now fun as this may sound i dont think its fair to any of the other classes or anything . I have been composing a short story on word and when i get it done i hope to post it here i came up with the inspiriation from this game in the short time i have been back and i would like to see the devs maybe use it to add a couple quests here and there and maybe a lil something else. well that is my idea and i hope to get the story posted in the next few weeks and give any who want to use it authorization to do just that.

Default Re: Where did all the good stuff go....

I'm not sure which quests you mean. The only quests I can think of from "back when" that were removed were the old "kill # of x" tasks, and those sucked anyway. There are plenty of quests, and plenty of mobs around - they're just in different locations. Try looking up a Town Marshall or Trophy Hunter in any of the racial cities - they'll direct you to the right town for your level, and then they will tell you what you can kill and where.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Darkstaff small crystal fragment, darkstaff crystal. There was a quest where you had to kill some undead mob I think out of Kion, I think might have been a level 30 warrior quest...that one was downright brutal (but awesome, once you were able to kill him). The old version of Aroah's was pretty tough also; although that's still in game, just have to kill fyakki instead of the old mylocs.

I remember that enraged glowing wisp was probably one of the meanest mobs ever designed, IMO that guy was tougher than the enraged radiant...and he's pretty wimpy for a T6 and enraged to boot.

I used to love running through the tree covered road on the way to wolf's paw and run into Fang and his werewolf buddies.

Here are some that i can recall of the top of my head, now given that was 4 years ago so i dont rem all of them.

1.There was a quest that started somewhere and you had to go out into the desert of tazoon to kill some named out there. around the canyons where those bone things were.

2. in dalimond up stairs of the vault and connie there were a couple guys that gave quests i cant rem them in detail. now there is no npc up there let alone any quests

3 In new rachival there was some quest chain that was actually kind of long to do where you got to kill a bunch of diff mobs and the last one was a named.

4 i could have sworn i remembered a couple crafting quests.

now im not complaining but im just stating that this game has lost something along the way and my idea was to maybe see if the devs could put a little something back into the game in the manner of quests cause i know that makes the time go by at least for me and im sure there are others. i think quests are a good side distraction sometimes than just plain old hack and slash and then repeat just to grind out the xp. ill tell you what i love lvl 1-25ish cause i found a bunch of quests to do between kion sslanis and NT, but i was looking around dali where everyone says that its the next step and i cant find anything except the wedding quest, but ill keep looking and see what i come up with, and no, kill x amount of "..." is not a quest that is just lazy mans substitute for content. ohh yeah i have not found any quests like there used to be about the lore of the land and where the W.A. went or if we banished them or WHAT.......

and whatever happened to those mobs that were ungodly tough and required like at least 6 people wacking on them like fang and that ruxus guy, i rem people used to pull some guy back to aug just to get the guards to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Darkstaff small crystal fragment, darkstaff crystal. There was a quest where you had to kill some undead mob I think out of Kion, I think might have been a level 30 warrior quest...that one was downright brutal (but awesome, once you were able to kill him). The old version of Aroah's was pretty tough also; although that's still in game, just have to kill fyakki instead of the old mylocs.

I remember that enraged glowing wisp was probably one of the meanest mobs ever designed, IMO that guy was tougher than the enraged radiant...and he's pretty wimpy for a T6 and enraged to boot.

I used to love running through the tree covered road on the way to wolf's paw and run into Fang and his werewolf buddies.
    Man I always loved running past the Werewolves. Ya just never knew when one was going to be on the road. Ohh and the wraith lord who sometimes spawned on the road as you exited the walls of Aug.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

The gnome-family near the portal in Falathien aren't there anymore either (so the quests they had are gone too). The fisherman out on the docks in Dalimond doesn't seem to have a quest anymore. Another fisherman, near Sslanis on the beach... don't think he's around anymore either.
    Making an open portal on Trandalar (Acul) for which attuning isn't neccessary has taken away the adventure of crossing the ice and the snow-storm-isle, then climb the sorcery-tower at the end of that isle, to finaly get to a portal to Trandalar.
    Just a few that jump to mind.
    There are new ones that weren't around then also, though. But would have been nice to get the new, and not loose the old, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    Man I always loved running past the Werewolves. Ya just never knew when one was going to be on the road.
    I remember being so young and afraid to run through there. I knew Fang was going to get me! Literally made my heart race. I took much pleasure in going back there and getting my revenge.

That type of "not knowing what is around the bend" was so awesome!!
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lived in Morning Light and would hit auto-run while porting to give me the jump on AoP and friends if they were hanging around the pad. Cursed wolves were all over the place and gave me a hard time when harvesting cobalt ore. As to quests it would be nifty if they could make a quest generator. NPCs would pop up a quest indicator at random. When a player greeted them a quest would be given based on that players lvl. Might even be a craft quest. "Greatings (player) I promised (random NPC) that I would deliver (crafted items based on current school and lvl), could you help me out with this?" Or something similar in an adventure quest. One would never know where they might run across a quest or what it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by LexDivinia View Post
    I remember being so young and afraid to run through there. I knew Fang was going to get me! Literally made my heart race. I took much pleasure in going back there and getting my revenge.

That type of "not knowing what is around the bend" was so awesome!!
    dude ur not the only one i just got my toon back up from then and it is like 1470 days old or something, hehe i still have my necklace for then before it became an ability, im tyring to get my toons converged but yeah good old fang was a fun beat down and i loved that not knowing

My biggest problem is the racial quests. For some races there are racial quests specially dragons, and for others like half-giants... There could be much more racial quests out there to keep us occupied and happy of our "heritage." Either than that it doesn't really matter what biped race you have in the long run except for the first two abilities like giant daze, sslisk regeneration, etc...

The significance of those races can be outweighed by many other options in istaria. I have been talking on an on about how they have needed more biped quests for a long time now. It would be great if we could do a bit more quests and lore.

i dont rem if anyone of you rem the fun of taking down the avatar of pain( i think that is what his name was) the one that used to spawn out by harro and roam around, rem how he somehow used to accumulate a lil following and you had to pull the mobs off of him one by one in order to get him alone to have anyone hopes of defeating him. yeah those were the good ole' days.

and yeah i agree with you dangerous, they do need more biped quests and yes racial quest would be awesome, to maybe find a little lore. why have all the racial towns if they have nothing to do with the game besides kill 15 of such and such, One of the main things that drew me back to the game was the epic spells on utube, now that i am in game and chatting with various people all i keep hearing about is dark cyclone and shining blades WTF devs, so you have like 5 other epic spells but only you can access them, WHY??????
    did you ever think that maybe this might have discouraged people from playing cause its like false advertisement and i think they would definately come back if you could put these back in game or whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOIvsiuIB54

Yeah werewolf alley was fun. I miss the events like when Augh was under attack as well or when the WA had was pretty much stomping us before the server merge.
    Heh I miss the days when an archer didn't have to stop to fire their bow as well

this game is totally not what it used to be, i saw a post on players actually helping the dev team out with quests and such, that is an awesome idea. i have quite a few suggestions to ideas for quest lines and events and so forth. you know i have not even made it to 100 and im already bored, i cant imagine what all the other players that are sticking with this game must feel. i think this game sorely lacks quest content, no matter what kind, if the devs need help with that i think the players would be more than willing to help, i know i would, it would give me something to do with my time in istaria. Most games have a general line whether it be quests or whatever that the follow. VG follows their races pretty well and the wars that have evolved from them, everquest follows its ages, and eq2 has their gods and avatars and stuff. well istaria did have the witered aegis (a destructive force that wanted to destroy all humankind) but i guess they just decided peace was better and they better stay in their own lil niche. COME ON you have had the game back for a year almost, you the people that made the game, and where is the content, if you need help just say so or point me in the direction and i will help, i love this game, i want to see it make a comeback but its not going to if you dont get any help from your players. Okay i did just come back but i have been watching this game for a while and i figured it was nothing to waste my money on until now, please dont let me down or the many others that have come back or want to come back. we expect a lot from you so we are waiting on you to fill those shoes.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'm not bored. I have an overabundance of things to do, absolutely nothing related to quests.

As for them having gotten the game back, it has not been a year. They've been working frantically to get Blight back up and running to be able to make changes. They've gone through two billing systems to get billing back working. They've gotten to the point they're testing the Unity merger. They're working on what they can to get a Vista compatibility patch (and not break it for those of us thumbing our noses at Vista entirely). They're putting in the confectioner resources in preparation for the class and DP revamp.

I say give them a hand and thank them for what they've been able to get done thus far on limited means. We've already been told that Virtrium is taking a different approach to notifying us of what they are doing in that when they say something can or will be done, they've already checked to see about putting it in. But I suspect that they still have the capability of throwing us some surprises from time to time.

Where's my Bristugo cattle stampede?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

yeah, *claps* there is your hand. now can we get some of the content back, like say some quests or something, cause as far as i know i have not seen any, and believe me i look. Every tuesday after a update or restart i get on and take the day wondering around to see what has changed and i talk to the nps'c and still nothing. so if they are trying to sneak one in on us i would like to know where.

One thing im having a hard time understanding is why they took all the quests out in the first place, to me that does not seem like a good idea. h*ll even EQ2 has some of the original quests that they had when they first came out, so once again my question is why and where did it all go? did the WA really become that complacent, *snickers at the sheer stupidity of what that would imply*.

*shakes head*
    I really dislike the tone here.

they is not they is not they (did I miss one?), IS NOT VI !

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i get into too luch trouble when i get too impassioned, so i am gonna try to stay simple and calm.

if you are not happy with the direction of the game and you have been around, either in game or on forums, for more than 6 months - why are you still here? sounds like nothing in it for you.
    if you are not happy and are a newcomer to the game - forgive me, but you have no place complaining about the lack of advent quests (which for newbies is not possible unless you are a speed/power gamer) next to those of us who have been thru the wringer with 3, 4 or more owners since we have been playing. ask a unity person about the lack of advent quests and see what answer you get.

no matter who sez it or how often it is said, it's horrible simple - this is a game. if you are not having fun, then you need to find a game that does give you fun. if horizons development moves too slow, find a game that has what you want.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    i get into too luch trouble when i get too impassioned, so i am gonna try to stay simple and calm.

if you are not happy with the direction of the game and you have been around, either in game or on forums, for more than 6 months - why are you still here? sounds like nothing in it for you.
    if you are not happy and are a newcomer to the game - forgive me, but you have no place complaining about the lack of advent quests (which for newbies is not possible unless you are a speed/power gamer) next to those of us who have been thru the wringer with 3, 4 or more owners since we have been playing. ask a unity person about the lack of advent quests and see what answer you get.

no matter who sez it or how often it is said, it's horrible simple - this is a game. if you are not having fun, then you need to find a game that does give you fun. if horizons development moves too slow, find a game that has what you want.
    Agreed, furthermore the reason why so many quest you remember are no longer in the game is because of the way the game was designed. This game was designed to be an ever changing, evolving world. Battles fought, quest done, locations build by the players were all meant to have drastic change upon the world. This means that once a certain thing is achieved (Lets say destorying a certain blighted object), the world would change (the blight in that area would leave), and any quest related to that would no longer be available.
    This is compared to games like eq1/2 and Wow that are more or less static worlds, and never changing. Sure there may be an occasional event but afterwards the game would revert back to the way it was before as if it had never happened.

Unfortunately due to the game changing hands several times the events didnt happen as often as they should and the world has stagnated. Also related to this (especially thanks to EI) is the fact that the game doesn't get the general maintenance, updates and fixes as often as it needs. So now the current small team devs (who've only had the game back for the last 6 mo's) are working as hard as they can to fix things, which unfortunately is more important than major events. So yes the WA is gona stay in their little areas for a while longer, but I've confidence that they'll be striking out before long.

From a lore/rp stand point, don't just assume the WA has been sitting on their arses all this time, they may just have pulled their forces back to make a new plan of attack...

Quote Originally Posted by olyblast
    yeah, *claps* there is your hand. now can we get some of the content back, like say some quests or something, cause as far as i know i have not seen any, and believe me i look. Every tuesday after a update or restart i get on and take the day wondering around to see what has changed and i talk to the nps'c and still nothing. so if they are trying to sneak one in on us i would like to know where.
    You have only been back since January. Are you telling me that you have done every quest in game? Some come to mind: Balit's quest - Shears Roebuck - Slayer of the chicken - Aroah's quest - Marriage quest - Outpost quests - Parrot quest... The list is incredible and these are just a few. I have no idea if you are really looking or just complaining because there are numerous quests available in game.

Do some REAL searching and maybe you can find some.

I agree with velveeta. If you are bored, unhappy and just want to complain. Maybe this is not the game you should be playing.

kion and sslanis quests are done, as well as all the quests on that whole island, as well as NT, marriage quest is done, im sorry bout complaining i guess i was just expecting more but i have been looking, i still have quite a few areas to look but as far as i know me being 50 pally, maybe im just not high enough but il keep looking,.

Thread Information