Thread: What's the point of being a Dragon?

Valcor Dark

Default What's the point of being a Dragon?

[:$]I am currently downloading the Horizon's 7-day free trial, just to see if the game is worthwhile, which I think it will be very much so. But I have been planning on playing a Dragon, but after reading most of these topics, and their posts on this forum, the Dragon's seem very incomplete, and many that post here make it sound as if they no long like being a Dragon.

So my question, that hopefully people will give their opinions on, is: It sound's to me like Dragon's are the most incomplete, because of that, they are at a big disadvantage, and thus are not fun to play, is that a correct assumption? Or are all of these things posted here just minor details, and Dragon's are still the best race to play?

Windaar

Default Re: What's the point of being a Dragon?

I'm having lots of fun playing my Dragon :)

I wouldn't want to play as any other race if given a choice.
    Chaos Server
    Dragon
    Adv: 68, Craft: 44, Hoard: 650k

EyeJon Toothas

Being a Dragon is a challenge. I have found that if a Dragon does his/her Dragon Quests as he/she obtains more seasons as a Dragon he/she can hold their own a lot better.

I currently have 53 seasons adventuring and have really noticed that having completed my Dragon Quests makes me a more formidable Dragon.

There are still some Dragon Quests that I need help with, but they are few. Sometimes I just wait until I have more seasons adventuring before taking those on.

I also am not rushing my Rite of Passage so when I doI will be able to participatemore fully andnot depend on others to kill the mobs and keep mealive. Iunderstand completely I will need help but I can contribute more by waiting.

I think most all Dragons enjoy their lives - they just know what could be and it gets to be a bit frustrating to be held back by the Gods of AE and/or Dev.

I hope this helps!

People like to whine and complain. Some of the biggest whiners STILL log on to their dragon almost every day.

There are a couple major dragon features which they're only now getting around to putting into the game (hopefully will be in in the next month or two). Furthermore, dragons were never INTENDED to be bipeds with a different model. If you want to work on biped buildings, make swords, wear visible armor, or have multiple schools then play a biped. If you are only interested in getting the most powerful character possible with the least amount of work DEFINATELY play a biped.

Dragons are great if you like dragons, I personally think their adventuring school is fine (whiners will disagree), and flight is really cool. Dragon advancement involves a LOT of quests but most are soloable and kind of fun. I've been playing my dragon since release day and wouldn't play anything else.

Playing a dragon in HZ is a different experience from playing a biped. It's a lot of fun if you've got the right temperment but it isn't for everyone.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Dragons are great fun to play, although yes negative comments can be made about thier state right now, it doesnt really matter as you can make a negative comment about pretty much anything, people will never be COMPLETELY happy = )

My personal opinion is that if you are into crafting, make a biped, but adventuring wise i have alot more fun on my dragon than i do on my biped.

Things may not be concentrating on improving dragons at this point in time (as to what is being put in game) but things look good for the future, and its not like they are unplayable, far from it.

I think it will be greatly worth your time to play a Dragon, besides it not like you cant play multiple characters, i know i do.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

ageed on dragons arent exactly for everyone...u do need the right mindset to play 1 properly, they take some dedication and patience...but if yer lookin for the most unique mmorpg experience out there dragon is it. our skills revolve highly around questing to gain and update yer abilities every X # of lvs, flight of course is the thing to strive for. incomplete in a few areas yes...but as stated above the future is lookin better all the time (liars, ancient rite of passage etc). playable dragons are a very new thing in the world of mmorpgs, they the devs are learning as they go and makin progress all the time. try 1 out and see how u like it =0)
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

I like the way Dragons are setup, i like having to do the quests every 10 lvls, it gives mea goal to work at, makes me even forget im trying to lvl, more concentrating on the quests and the levels come along with it.

The biped way is alot more boring in my opinion, sure you still have quests but no where near as many, you just go out to level no goals to reach apart from your next level, that gets old fast for me.

I love playing a dragon in Hz!

Sure, dragons aren't quite complete. Most of our questlines don't go all the way to level 100, our spells still use placeholder graphics, and its not yet possible to build dragon lairs or become an ancient dragon.

But at the same time, playing a dragon is a blast. We are complete enough that a dragon can be very powerful, even compared to many biped builds, though I still am very jealous of a biped's healing spells. Dragons also have a great sense of freedom, since a dragon can fly over all terrain, and fly safely over all monsters if necessary.

Dragons also look great!

Still, dragons aren't for everyone. Low level dragons are much weaker, and tend to level slower than comparable level bipeds. Dragons also have far fewer choices since they can't multiclass. It also takes a considerable effort to advance a dragon to adulthood where it gains flight. Playing a dragon also requires a substantial amount of crafting, which means that dragons aren't for players who only wish to hunt.

Been playing my dragon since Day 4 after the game went live and have no intention of stopping. [:)]

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Valcor Dark

Well sounds good, ive started my dragon on Chaos, and it's pretty confusing at the moment, but i think i'll learn how to do it, and thanks for all of you're input, i wasn't going to be a dragon until i came back and read all of these, now i will lol, thanks again.

If you get stuck and need help there are always the chat channels, you will find alot of experienced Dragons in teh Dragon Chat channel.

...dragons are by far the biggest playergroup. That says all about your question.

- as a hatchie u are cute as hell, as an adult you will eventually become bad as hell, as an ancient, well, we don't know that one yet, but it's gonna be cool. Go to the Floating Island and have a look at the largest one in the game, and you'll know what I mean..[;)]

bluewyrm

Dude. You're a dragon. You can fly when you become an adult.
    If this isn't enough for you - be a gnome or something. :)

Valcor Dark

Lol, i got it now guys, i've been playing my dragon and im loving it, thx for the help

Valcorre Darkstorm Adv 11/Craf 4 on Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    People like to whine and complain. Some of the biggest whiners STILL log on to their dragon almost every day.
    Dragons are great if you like dragons, I personally think their adventuring school is fine (whiners will disagree), and flight is really cool.
    Gotta love the demonification of people who don't agree with you. [8-)]

"Fanboi" [:P]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information