Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta 134

Default Delta 134

The latest patch has been applied to Blight. For those who haven't seen patch notes, you can find them either as you log in, or on our community site.

A few specific things to look at because we've had some conflicting reports:

1) Has anyone had trouble with the Tavern Effect doubling the effectiveness of food? If you have time, try to use different taverns and characters of a variety of levels.

2) Does having the food "type" listed on the food allow you to sort it when looking in inventory, on vendors, etc? It should, but just want to make sure.

3) Does the effectiveness of food seem to be scaling correctly if you are above or below the optimal level? Because death point timers are shorter at lower levels, food decreases in effectiveness as you move down from the optimal level. Overall, though, food should be balanced to remove death points when eating around two full meals inside a tavern. (Note that all food is not created equal, though, so there is some room to "play".)

And please note that the system is not complete yet. We know we will need to patch again and test further before the confectioner changes are done. But a number of major bug fixes and changes were made relating directly to confectioners, and some other "fun stuff", that we wanted to keep those on Blight busy testing.

Default Re: Delta 134

So happy for this. It will relieve some of the burden of making lair chambers with t6 gems.

*clap*
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

All those food thingies allready are fun to read, so much ingredients, I'm getting hungry

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

LOL Siqi, I swear I've put on at least 10 pounds in the last few months while working on getting confectioner stuff ready to go to test! We've got to get this to live soon or I'm going to have a heart attack!

Couple of other quick "known issues".

1) Gatherers do not get experience for preparing yet. And they will.

2) Garnishes are not fully implemented.

something quick - master cooking knife has a metalworking requirement of 100. That seems a tad too low
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Default Confection fixes

I just spent a few hours on Blight taking notes on all the stuff the base items require and I came across a few things that may need some fixing.

First up, the formulas for Ground Cumin and Rubbed Cilantro are wrong. The formula reads that you need Ground Cumin to make Ground Cumin instead of Cumin Seeds. Same thing for the Rubbed Cilantro.

I'm also left wondering if there will be an added formula for Ground Nutmeg? As it is, we can buy the whole Nutmeg seed, but there isn't a formula to grate/grind it in the Prepared Herbs and Spices formula.

In the Confectioner Flours category, the formula for Steamed Rice requires a millstone to make. Maybe I'm being too picky again but wouldn't it make more sense to use the cauldron for steaming? I did notice that the cauldron was now being used for a few of the other cooking items so why not the Steamed Rice as well? Oh, and maybe the cooking spoon for the tool instead of the bucket.

Jumping over to the Prepared Seafood formula. There is a formula for Prepared Shrimp. But when you get the Shrimp as a bonus, it already comes out of the water as Prepared Shrimp.

That's all I noticed for now. If I find any other bugs I'll let y'all know.

Default Re: Confection fixes

Well, actually there is something else kind of bugging me. Don't know if it goes back to that "too picky" thing though. But I had always believed that Nightshade and Mandrake were poisonous. In all my herbal books, it states that they are both exactly that, poisonous. Is there some reason why they're being used as garnishes?

Now I do know that (Deadly) Nightshade A.K.A. Belledonna can be used for various things and not lead to deathIF the person handling it knows what they are doing. But I'm still curoius to know why Nightshade was chosen over a tone of other stuff that could have been used, that don't have to potential to kill ya.

Oh Great Devs will you look in to putting in a Istarian version of Tacos and other foods of this nature?

Some quick Ideas
    Tacos=tortes’ Meat or Chicken tomato's Lettuce cheese (Optional Hot sauce for higher tears)
    Buffalo wings Chicken + some sort of hot pepper thes can be in tears Mild medium and hot
    Burritos Dough –tortes’ Lettuce cheese Choice of meat or beans
    Pizza = Dough + cheese + assorted veggies (Optional) +Meat also be in teirs for example
    T1 cheese Pizza T2 Pepperoni Pizza T3 Veggie special you get the idea

Pizza and wings with 1 beer would make a great meal!

Oh no i made my self hungry
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    LOL Siqi, I swear I've put on at least 10 pounds in the last few months while working on getting confectioner stuff ready to go to test! We've got to get this to live soon or I'm going to have a heart attack!
    I so do believe you! But - and that's only on reading, can't wait to try it - I think that sacrifice was worth it (mind you, not the heart attack)

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Trieah View Post
    Well, actually there is something else kind of bugging me. Don't know if it goes back to that "too picky" thing though. But I had always believed that Nightshade and Mandrake were poisonous. In all my herbal books, it states that they are both exactly that, poisonous. Is there some reason why they're being used as garnishes?

Now I do know that (Deadly) Nightshade A.K.A. Belledonna can be used for various things and not lead to deathIF the person handling it knows what they are doing. But I'm still curoius to know why Nightshade was chosen over a tone of other stuff that could have been used, that don't have to potential to kill ya.
    It's not only friends that come to dinner

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Because Nightshade is Cool.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Actually, if you look at the wikipedia article on it, you'll see that when used properly, it does have medicinal uses. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_nightshade

And Mandrake is also known to be used in magic rituals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandrake_(plant)

So both actually fit quite well into the idea that they are used to restore someone to health after severe trauma to the body.

Of course, the other side of this when talking about Nightshade and Mandrake is who is to say that they are poisonous when eaten by a race other than Human? Perhaps a Sslik can eat Mandrake like candy or a Dryad Nightshade.

Thanks for the bug report, we'll look into them.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

First up, the formulas for Ground Cumin and Rubbed Cilantro are wrong. The formula reads that you need Ground Cumin to make Ground Cumin instead of Cumin Seeds. Same thing for the Rubbed Cilantro.
    Fixed for next delta.

Jumping over to the Prepared Seafood formula. There is a formula for Prepared Shrimp. But when you get the Shrimp as a bonus, it already comes out of the water as Prepared Shrimp.
    What specifically were you fishing? I checked in our database and on Blight at the minnow spawn I normally use and had "Shrimp" not "Prepared Shrimp" as a bonus.

The rest of your questions I'm not avoiding... I just don't know the answers to right now.

The only issue I have seen with the tavern bonus is it can seem to not work for a bit if you happen to catch it between pulses. Sometimes it is instant, sometimes it takes about 10 seconds to show up in the buff window. Other than that, I have never had the bonus fail to double food DP reduction.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Of course, the other side of this when talking about Nightshade and Mandrake is who is to say that they are poisonous when eaten by a race other than Human? Perhaps a Sslik can eat Mandrake like candy or a Dryad Nightshade.
    Hmmmm, good point. I didn't consider that. Is it possible with the current system to have foods have different effects on specific species? (I'd imagine not, but I thought I'd ask.) Like, if a human eats a food with a nightshade garnish, could they have the Inebriated effect slapped on them?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Does this mean I won't be able to poison my food or make poisons for applying to weapons? I was really looking forward to that...

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

What specifically were you fishing? I checked in our database and on Blight at the minnow spawn I normally use and had "Shrimp" not "Prepared Shrimp" as a bonus.
    Yes, definitely prepared shrimp as bonus for the minnow (near Sslanis) and that's at Chaos.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

OH! ON Chaos. It's in the delta notes that this has been fixed on Blight. That's what confused me.

Thread Information