Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic spells... what happened.....

Unhappy Epic spells... what happened.....

why are there only 3 or 4 in game right now when i can go and see i think it is like 15 of them, i think that would be cool if they were all in game, im kind of curious as to why they arent and if there is any one out there that might be able to give me an answer.

some of the ones that are not in game that i would love to see are the bashee one, the demon head one, volcano, and the archer one. if im wrong and they are sorry, but could someone point me to the trainer for these if i am???

Default Re: Epic spells... what happened.....

Because quest were never created? The more behind the scene guess, and it is only a guess, they have never gone beyond creating the effects for them? I.E. No one ever sat down and said Epic spell X will be AOE, do ice damage of X amount and have X other effects and is balanced like this. But that is just a guess.

Are they still taking suggestions for quests and such, because i think this would be a good player oppurtunity to maybe come up with such spell quests?? I know that at one point in time they had a contest where they let players submit their quest ideas, and im just wondering if they still do or not.

The archer effect is in-game, btw.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

maybe you want the epic spell even more after seen my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOIvsiuIB54
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

to be honest that is what made me ask that question cause i had seen that video and i was like WTF.

Thank you for that Abbie

4 years in Istaria- and I haven`t seen all of them

The Fire Tornado effect is ingame as the Flame Disciple's "Epic Ability".. called "Firestorm".

-Menkure

The hold-up on these is two-fold:

1. Coming up with suitably epic quests to go along with the spells.

2. Lack of impact on the overall game. Granted, they are great spells and they look amazing. But the impact of spending time working on them is relatively small when compared to some of the other things we've been working on. In time we'll get them in, I am sure, but for now they are a low priority issue.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Why not add the rest of the epics to the WA to use at least? Say tier 4 and higher. Add it to their list of useable abilities. Then at least we would get to see them in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Why not add the rest of the epics to the WA to use at least? Say tier 4 and higher. Add it to their list of useable abilities. Then at least we would get to see them in game.
    and promptly complain about exploiting NPCs or "why can't we have them?!". It's bad enough that there are some MOBs out there that can chain endless special attacks without folowing cooldowns.... imagine if a monster throws out three epic spells in a row. You'd be deader than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    and promptly complain about exploiting NPCs or "why can't we have them?!". It's bad enough that there are some MOBs out there that can chain endless special attacks without folowing cooldowns.... imagine if a monster throws out three epic spells in a row. You'd be deader than dead.
    And the dragon mobs on Draak use Multistrike, Heroism, Cripple along with dragon abilities.... wouldn't be anything new.

And Kaa uses Fury of the Power Demon already, Clarissa and the other druids protecting the nature tower already use Dark Cyclone.

I say add all of them to the various schooled WA. We already KNOW they are there, we already know we likely will never get them. Put them TO USE already!

No cheating by allowing them to be multicast tho. We can't MC shining blades....

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    And the dragon mobs on Draak use Multistrike, Heroism, Cripple along with dragon abilities.... wouldn't be anything new.

And Kaa uses Fury of the Power Demon already, Clarissa and the other druids protecting the nature tower already use Dark Cyclone.
    One of the event mobs just before Merge used one of the other epics too. I have no problem with mobs using spells/abilities that we don't get, as long as they aren't crazy strong AoE insta-kill abilities.

It'd be [I]nice]/I] to get those spells and abilities. But dragons can't use those sorts of spells anyways, so I suppose it doesn't matter...

You know i was looking at the baubles tablets and stuff like that, you know the ones that are like playing russian roulette, and I noticed that a lot of these had really good buffs associated with them. So im sitting there thinking to myself that maybe this was the lazy way to give us some aewesome buffs and stuff without putting all the work into making quests or whatever for the different classes.

These little buffs i think would make a great addition to the game since you guys are changing the agro around, in quested spell or ability form. Because today a bunch of 100s decided to go play with the blight anchor and the sad thing was i think they had over 16 people and they still dropped like flies. Now as awesome as multiclassing and grouping is i think it would be a great time to look at maybe adding some of these to the game since the group XP system is screwed as is, at least a decent raid sized group might stand a chance against the anchor and all the mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    One of the event mobs just before Merge used one of the other epics too. I have no problem with mobs using spells/abilities that we don't get, as long as they aren't crazy strong AoE insta-kill abilities.
    Yeah was Nazeroth or something, he used that spell where a gate comes out of the floor and a dragon bearth fire or somehting like that. I loved the spell

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Nazderon. The spell he used was Fury of the Power Demon, I think.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

[QUOTE=AmonGwareth;175806]The hold-up on these is two-fold:

1. Coming up with suitably epic quests to go along with the spells.

You guys once asked for help with some quests, and i have asked before if there is a place where we can submit quest ideas.
    Perhaps the players of the game could come up with an idea of the quest line for some of these epic spells, im sure there are some great ideas floating around out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Nazderon. The spell he used was Fury of the Power Demon, I think.
    Nahh it was a other... Fury of the power demon is where you summon a devil like demon and he makes a giant orb of power in his hands and smashes at your target. I think the spell of Nazderon was called gate of .. abyss.. blah i dont know....

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Soul Gate I believe it was called, I remember being there in dali at lv 20 when it happened... whew that was fun.

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

Thread Information