Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honoring Heroes Past

Default Re: Honoring Heroes Past

Thanks everyone for the memories.

Oh and Krystine, I wasn't there visibly, but I was there... It was me spawning a lot of those monsters.... BWAHAHAH. I loved torturing the Life shard.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Zymosis, the illness that only affected bipeds, and spread like ligthning

That sure split the waters

Brougth out the best and worst in some people, lot's of dragons where sitting around at teleporters, just casting the cure for zymosis all day.

I remember one person on Unity who had left the game and came back a year or more after the end of the event with the zymosis disease, within hours the whole population was affected..... again..... until people did the quest to become immune
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

I know that Thran helped build the Aug tunnel on Twilight. He helped in all the world events including the Freeing of Feledan. The account is now in the hands of a different owner tho...

I defended workers at the Tunnel north from Morning light as well as ferried resources. Was there at all 4 machine destructions. Defended in Feledan too. "You were killed by . You have died!" invis devs....

Bring back the Salt Rock Golem.... it should terrorize Drowned Isle :P

Hey Ur! - Long time

U gonna pop in on us now that we can be copied?

zymosis owned

Uh I was there both at the Zymosis times and for that tunnel. We made an impressive organization where bipeds would gather stuff and me and several others would ferry it. Then we took turns (iirc, it's quite long ago) at guarding against mobs.

All were so happy, and kept saying that those events were what made Horizons THE community game.

I suggest when we Unitarians come back, to put a build event in game and you'll see how well we'll "merge".
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    Ahh~! Even if I'm new to this community, I love hearing stories like this. *curls up to listen*
    I agree, I haven't been here long enough to know any of these events (heck, I don't even know what half of them are!), but it's a lot of fun to hear about them. I'm excited to get involved in one myself, someday...

On Spirit Shard it was Bori Grimbattle and Arirabeth Quickfingers of the Mystic Blades who whipped all of the Crafters and adventurers into a building frenzy -- and not just at Aug but at ALL of the Satyr Mines. In fact, I still have printouts of the awesome maps created by Shkal of the Inner Circle to show the locations of each mine to help us find our way to the sites as we hauled materials hither and yon. I also remember how, because we could not make the building materials, we dragons became the universal pack mules. And, once we began to earn our wings, we became the Air Draconis of Istaria.

Among the adventurers who defended the erstwhile builders, there were the Mighty Philip and his leader, the Fiendish General of Souless Immortals whose name was ??? Kaho?? something like that (I have been trying for the last 2 days to rememebr his name correctly. . .). He was a difficult leader to work with, strong in his abilities but not overly tolerant of those who were not yet as great as he, but he was a powerful presence and accomplished many things. But, he was not the only mighty Warlord of our Realm on Spirit. There were Carlito Juarez, a Captain of Men and Pryde Lytfoot the White Saris who fought valiantly to defend the Mines and those laboring there. And who could ever forget Nefrett Gore, the best dressed feline huntress of any shard? And, of course, there was the ever persistant and resourceful Reporter-at-large for the Shard Herald, Tigris Euphrates. If something was happening, she was there to tell the rest of us all about it!

If this thread is going to remain for a while, I will make the effort to see if I still have any screenies of those events. I was always too small or too weak to be much use in the battlefield for these events, but I tried to be there to lend my support. Those were the best of times

Thread Information