Thread: Water that looks like Water

Default Water that looks like Water

One thing that I know drives me insane, is the game's ocean water. It looks quite odd to me, so I thought that perhaps I could make an undertaking and attempt to change the texture to something a little nicer looking.

Firstly though, I was wondering if there was any info on grabbing the horizons textures to modify, and then porting it back...

Default Re: Water that looks like Water

The AGH Viewer on Fridlekh's page will convert HZ textures into a more handy format, but I have no idea if the water texture is in the AGH format.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    The AGH Viewer on Fridlekh's page will convert HZ textures into a more handy format, but I have no idea if the water texture is in the AGH format.
    any reference to a water texture I have been looking over seems to be in a pso or sha format, under the resources/textures folder... hmm.

.sha is a plain-text shader definition. You can always play around a bit with that, though I don't know how much you'll be able to alter the appearance.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I've revived my own desire to see some nice water textures, so I've been poking around the viewer to find the ocean texture(s). No success yet but am working toward it.

Thread Information