Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta 136

Default Re: Delta 136

The rare garnishes are tiered, and require a minimum level of skill to harvest; for dragons that means a certain version of Dragon Ingenuity. You should get a message that tells you which version you need, ie Harvesting this resource requires Dragon Ingenuity (6) or something to that effect.

Kala, as far as the after creation garnish system, that is one of the core features of the Revamp. It is the reason you see two level "restrictions" on some of the foods. The second one is the upper limit of how much boost you can get from garnishing. Throwing a T6 garnish on a T1 dish will only boost you up to a T2 strength effect.

It was originally going to be much more involved, allowing you to add in almost any "logical" processed food, but was deemed far to overwhelming to implement. I don't see any downside to the system other than the seasoned foods won't stack.

Drev

I've seen the message you refer to when I was out scouting and tried to harvest herbs that were too high. It reads "Insufficient tool quality (4) to get resource Stoneroot, requires at least a (5)"

Specifically on Rosemary I was getting a different message - (the one I quoted) with no reference to the quality / tier of the tool I was using.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Kala, as far as the after creation garnish system, that is one of the core features of the Revamp. It is the reason you see two level "restrictions" on some of the foods. The second one is the upper limit of how much boost you can get from garnishing. Throwing a T6 garnish on a T1 dish will only boost you up to a T2 strength effect.
    Actually, I was really hoping for an official response on that, because I DID try to add ground pepper, sliced ginger, and a number of other things to food. It didn't work, which is why I asked if it was still planned for implementation.

Also, the only posts I can recall that mentioned this core feature were from 2006.

I apologize if this post is a little confusing in parts. Long day, not awake, heading to bed.

5a. Continuing the T5 foods not giving the full benefit at T6...in a tavern, the following foods do not not give a full reduction (I've checked all but 6 T5 foods from the purchased forms):
    • Chocolate Cheesecake - 129 minutes
    • Banana Nut Bread - 109
    • Thick & Hearty Corn Soup - 129
    • Apple Pie - 79
    • Banana Cream Pie - 79
    • Burgundy Chicken Pie - 94 minutes, outside a tavern
    5b. Other foods seem to be giving odd percentages of DP reduction. In general, at T6, it seems foods give 20% for T1 food, 40% for T2, 60% for T3, 80% for T4, 99-100% for T5, and 100% for T6. Foods that don't fit or are slightly off this pattern are listed below, with times taken from tavern eating. I apologize in advance for the, um, "detail-orientedness" of this part of the post.

Slightly Off (for the most part, these have numbers that multiply well with 60 or 80%, so I was puzzled that they didn't follow the same pattern as everything else):
    • T4 Lemon Cookies - 79 minutes
    • T4 Apple Cobbler - 87
    • T4 Seared Grilled Trout - 151
    • T4 Glazed Roast Chicken - 151
    • T4 Baked Squirrel Pie - 143
    • T3 Wild Sea Bass - 71
    • T3 Braised Roast Venison - 83
    • T3 Spicy Venison Steak - 71
    • T3 Baked Corn Casserole - 83
    • T4 Rye Bread - 79
    • T4 Cream of Chicken Soup - 79
    • T3 Eel-Stuffed Mushrooms - 51 (this didn't multiply by 60% well anyway)
    • T4 Fruit Medley - 71
    • T4 Blueberry Muffin - 71
    • T4 Glazed Roast Venison - 135
    • T3 Barley Chicken Casserole - 67
    More Off:
    • T4 Seared Arbotus Flank - 118 minutes in a tavern, 84% reduction instead of the expected 80%
    • T3 Baked Bass - 98 minutes in a tavern, 98% reduction instead of the expected 60%

Minor art isssue, but it seems many of the new resources that use tintable icons have not been assigned tints yet or do not use the pre-colored specific icons that already exist in the icons/resources directory, particularly the garnishes. Oddly, some like bitterroot and buttercaps which use (apparently) unique precolored icons, also show up tinted red in game.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; March 22nd, 2008 at 08:40 AM.

Was crafting on my new hatchy today. When I had a pawfull of spell shards, I went to make spells and noticed the spells use the minimum shards to make for a spell I barely have skill for.. esample

spellcraft skill at 131
    Barrage 1, req 130 5 shards
    >change of efficy slider, no change on no. of shards

I checked t1, t2. Few dragon spells I have, the shards needed is minimum.
    Is it me or Blight ? Or a new bug I should keep secrete. ? lol

As you increase your skill and start working with higher tier spells, you will notice that the orbs are what is really effected by efficiency and/or the slider. Quite a while back the resource reqs were changed to be minimal on the stone and much more heavily dependent on orbs.

Drev

I didn't realize that they put Banana Cream Pie in the game, I put that in the contest but it wasn't chosen as a winner.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Actually a different one Justa.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

sigh... maybe before I die I will leave some kind of mark in the game.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

if you come to blight, i will make you my secondary consort.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I already am on blight as Justa_Chaos but this was so long ago I still don't have Dark Cyclone, never started confectioner and are still a 10th level weaver LOL

Have to apologize to you Kala. Earlier I stated that one of the level listings on foods was the upper potential for a garnished version of that food. Now looking at many of the foods on Order, they are simply the the lower and upper effective ranges before reducing the effect of the food.

Drev

It's ok. I've been misreading and misremembering things left and right lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    I already am on blight as Justa_Chaos but this was so long ago I still don't have Dark Cyclone, never started confectioner and are still a 10th level weaver LOL
    Justa, you should be able to delete your character and then retransfer it over to Blight. I've done this several times myself and its worked.

-Menkure

Quote Originally Posted by Menkure View Post
    Justa, you should be able to delete your character and then retransfer it over to Blight. I've done this several times myself and its worked.

-Menkure
    I have 5 copies of Zex on Blight :P

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

EEK! Just what we need, A test shard full of natives, Zexoins, Menkures, and Justas

Talk about a kitty and dragon population problem.

Where's Bob Barker when you need him?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information