Thread: A question to the dev team about Unity transfer window.

Hybrid View

Default A question to the dev team about Unity transfer window.

Once the Unity character transfers begin will there be a set time frame for ex Unity players to request a transfer or will the option for Unity character transfer remain open letting ex Unity players who may be away from the game say for a couple of months to six months or longer. Will they be able to request their Unity characters to be transferred upon returning or will this transfer only be in a set time frame, and will any Unity player that misses this window loose their characters that were on Unity forever?

Spring is here and summer is not to far off, and like a lot of MMO players in the world it's time to start spending ones free time doing real life things rather than sitting in front a Pc impacting ones health mentally and physically after a long dark winter of being indoors most of the time. I'm one such player whose hung up his MMO cap for this season and will not be returning to MMO gaming until late fall this year. I'll most likely be trying out Aion when I first return to MMO gaming for the winter which will delay my return to Horizons further. Will players like me get our characters back?

Default Re: A question to the dev team about Unity transfer window.

looks like that no dev will answer direct questions

Of course, another way of looking at this could be to say that you will get your questions answered when we have the answers.

Taken right from the Unity Transfer page on the community site:

Final details of the program will be posted shortly and an invite email will also be sent out.
    Understand this is coming from someone who prefers to see the glass as half empty rather than half full... attracts more flies with honey than with vinegar... and all those sorts of "look on the sunny side" type of phrases.

^^ yes but its funny to see this post since March 20th, 2008 07:15 AM unanswered ^^

i felt that this thread should get some replies too (or should get closed :-) )

there are so many discussions out there (about unity) and the direct questions looks like if they are too boring to get answered :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    ^^ yes but its funny to see this post since March 20th, 2008 07:15 AM unanswered ^^

i felt that this thread should get some replies too (or should get closed :-) )

there are so many discussions out there (about unity) and the direct questions looks like if they are too boring to get answered :-)
    If the final details haven't been decided yet how are they supposed to answer.

have you read the question of this topic?

i think its not a top secret info or something about final details

For now no "close" date has been set on the free transfers. We will do our best to notify people should that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    For now no "close" date has been set on the free transfers. We will do our best to notify people should that change.
    great news for all who are not "available" atm

thanks for the good info!!

so if somebody is going to reactivate his account in for example 4 month he uses the same procedure like now to get his transfer?

Yes Vlisson. Why re-invent the wheel when they don't have to. How long did it take for them to get all the bugs (and legal issues) ironed out of this procedure, and it still takes manual tinkering with each character tranferred over to make sure everything works...
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Yes Vlisson. Why re-invent the wheel when they don't have to. How long did it take for them to get all the bugs (and legal issues) ironed out of this procedure, and it still takes manual tinkering with each character tranferred over to make sure everything works...
    ^^ maybe they will learn while they transfer the chars and maybe they are able to improve the procedure (online page, transfer program... to make things easier than to write an eMail ^^)

but you are right, why invest more time in this one-way-procedure ^^

Because they do not want to take the time to write a program for the transfer. Maybe you do not know but most if not all of the Vi people only work on Horizons part time. So they can not take time to right one use programs and other things that take away time from more important things like bug fixes and updates. Maybe once horizons grows some more and a few full time dev's can be hired smaller less important things in the over all scheme of things can be worked on.

Thread Information