Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confectioner Revamp: Cat’s Thoughts

Default Re: Confectioner Revamp: Cat’s Thoughts

Pre-delay, yea, that is what I meant. Thanks for catching that SC.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Rubbed Sage -

couple of points that I've posted elsewhere, but you seem to be reading and responding to this one.. so...

in the quest journal entry for "Sage Advice", it refers to Velma in Tazoon, whereas you actually need Versanto in New Rachival.

and more importantly...

There are NO RECIPES that use Rubbed Sage
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

There are a few items (at least three, the last time I counted) that aren't used anywhere yet.

Default DP removal too time consuming

Greetings , due to technical issues i was unable to play for sometime. Ive held off commenting other than pre delta i thought it sounded bad, so now despite late since im playing again, i thought id weigh iin.
    It just takes too long to get rid off dps in a tavern even using top foods. Recently we were told new discs were needed to speed up game play despite the fact no one seemed upset with old ones, so how does this new system do anything to help speed up game play for hunters.
    I know the old way is gone and im fine with that, im certainly not anti change and applaud Vi for as much as theyve accomplished in a short time. But this new system needs tweaking, why cant the individual foods each be on seperate timers to speed it up, currently each course is on a timer, couldnt we say allow as many of each course on their own timers. This would create a need for several different of each course getting made spreading arround what resources are being used as well.
    This isnt a threat to leave i love Istarian life, but three times since ive returned ive logged out to to a different game instead of spending a couple hours eating food, which i might add isnt much fun eating off the floor.
    Sry for startinga new thread on this feel free to move if needed, wasnt sure where to put it.

Default Re: DP removal too time consuming

Only issue I have with the current DP time removal is the difficultly in knowing when I can eat the next food item (post delay). I believe this is already being looked at so I'll be happy if it changes.

Also annoying is being unable to see what food is in the queue. I clicked too early once and the food icon got stuck in my casting bar and there's no way to get the name of it. (if that makes any sense).

I agree. I've found it ridiculously long, even with food. I tend to just not bother anymore, and just wait for the death penalty to wear off before hunting again.

It's not a bad change, it just needs to be tweaked some more.

Basically, to recap:

- Having death points last too short breaks confectioners as people will just wait it out.

- Having death points last too long breaks confectioners as people see their foods shorten it so little they may as well wait it out.

- Having foods not clearly show when it's the case to use the next breaks confectioners since after some tries people will just not bother any more.

Conclusion: keep the long duration death points but make confectioner foods more effective on the shortening effect, and have foods clearly show the timing needed.

Is it correct?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks, Amon.. saved me from having to search.

Folks, please respect forum rules. Don't start a new topic when one already exists, especailly when the answers you seek are already given.

The search feature really is your friend.

Do you realize that you linked to this very thread:P? These people WERE using the correct thread. Please read before posting. I find it very annoying when people don't.

YOU do realize that I merged the thread, gopher.

Note the change in the title... that only happens when threads are merged.

Please read before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    YOU do realize that I merged the thread, gopher.

Note the change in the title... that only happens when threads are merged.

Please read before posting.
    PWNED

I r not l337 nuf 4 pwnage
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information