Thread: Leaving in protest

Hybrid View

Default Leaving in protest

well, in protest of the new DP system, i am leaving. it won't have much impact until my sub runs out in august. and while i doubt the problem will last that long, if it does i will not be renewing my subscription. Would be a **** shame too, was planning on shelling out for another whole year.

Default Re: Leaving in protest

I think since your death points occurred prior to the patch (or at least that was my understanding), you shouldn't be penalized after the fact for it.

Maybe put in a ticket and see if they can reduce your death point timer to 88 hours (11 DPs * 8 hours each).

i don't really care that i have 11 death points adn that it will herefore be 12 days before i can play again. what pisses me off is the new system as a whole. i am really really dissapointed in Vi here. they responded to confectioner school not ammounting to much by giving severe punishment to adventurers. if they wanted confectioner school to be more important they could have simply made the new food system without jacking up the DP system to go with it. if tehy don't either A: put the DP back to 8 hours per, or B: drastically improve the effect and availability of foods. they have lost my subscription. i really hate to do it, i'm in teh middle of my ARoP (which is why i have 11 DP) and it depresses the hell out of me to hink of leaving the game, and all my friends, especially now, but i'm not gonna put up with this crap. I suspect a good deal of players will feel the same way about it, but even if i end up being the only one to leave over it, i'm still going.

i really, -really- hope it won't come to that. hopefully Vi will wake up and smell the rancid aroma of failure and fix things, but until that happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    i don't really care that i have 11 death points adn that it will herefore be 12 days before i can play again. what pisses me off is the new system as a whole. i am really really dissapointed in Vi here. they responded to confectioner school not ammounting to much by giving severe punishment to adventurers. if they wanted confectioner school to be more important they could have simply made the new food system without jacking up the DP system to go with it.
    I am with you on that. I hate this new dp thing... with that other update that has to do with the blight working together to kill stuff, I (and I'm sure many others) will already be stacking up hours and hours worth of DPs. It is already a pain to hunt on Elnath... Its especially hard for us dragons, because we can't multiclass. >.-.<
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Though we never met Shur, I hate to see you leave

but I totally understand and agree with you and Scaleth.

I´m not willing to support the new system. Having 40 craft levels to go with one and 100 lairshaper levels to go with my other dragon, I do not have to atm.

But you and all the others who play RoP or ARoP have to.
    And Satyr islands are danger zone now

*sigh* I doubt, wether there is a short-term solution.

All the best to you Shur, maybe- after a time out- we meet for the rift

Satyr islands have always been a danger zone, and require strategy, as well as some judicious fleeing (at times).

There have been numerous complaints regarding the lack of need for grouping.

This could be seen as a means to promote group hunting.

I do think that issues with lag that result in stuttering, abilities not going off or getting stuck and spell delays SHOULD be fixed so that any death point is one earned through honest endeavor, and not due to gameplay issues.

I also think that with the new deathpoint system, players will need to exercise more caution in how they approach potentially life-threatening situations.

On the positive side, it should reduce the powerleveling groups comprised of rated 10-50 players in areas far beyond their means, i.e., T5/T6 mobs.

Shur, I think you should give hunting a chance again at the expiration of your death points and give the confectioners a chance to stock their wares. I hope you try to give the system a chance and change your mind about quitting.

I also think you should petition to have your death timer knocked down to what it was when you gained the death points, but that's for you to decide. But I personally feel that it's grossly unfair for you to be saddled with the penalty after the fact.

Deth, his first words were :

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    well, in protest of the new DP system, i am leaving.
    Last edited by Zexoin; March 29th, 2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: I can't type right today v_v

i disagree with your premise that the game cannot be played by dragons without biped support now.

jeepers shur, dragons don't make potions, but having potions can make game play so much easier! yes, dragons can hunt/craft without them, but more effectively with them.

it is possible for dragons to hunt with minimal dp's or to recover from dp's without food. it sounds to me like you are simply angry about the magnitude in this case of the difference between using the biped product or not.

and it's not like bipeds can do completely without dragons in this - there are herbs that bipeds simply cannot get to. once dragons can make their own food, shall bipeds have access to these "dragon-only" places?

maybe it's a good thing to keep some areas segregated, but i for one do not like that. i rather like something that promotes everyone working together more in game.

and as much as i hate the timer on the new dp's (i've not even managed to make one recipe yet let alone a full meal, and got 3 dp's in the process of trying to collect items for it), i think the creativity and innovation in this change is really cool. i'm giving changing how i do/how i approach things a try before i scream "foul".

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Deth, his first words were :
    my first words were poorly thought out, written and posted with a hot head.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    jeepers shur, dragons don't make potions, but having potions can make game play so much easier! yes, dragons can hunt/craft without them, but more effectively with them.
    exactly, we -can- go without them. and guess what? i -do- go without them. however with the new increase in DP timers we -can't- go without food. this means reliance on bipeds. maybe you don't think there is anything wrong with that. fine. but it goes against lore, -especially- lunus lore, to have dragons depending on bipeds for basic necessities.

even if you personally don't mind the increase reliance, you cannot possibly deny that goes against the grain.
    Last edited by Shur; March 30th, 2008 at 12:48 AM.

however with the new increase in DP timers we -can't- go without food.
    i still disagree with that. it's just not nearly as easy as it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    it was fine the way it it was. no it's "not nearly so easy" to the point that one is faced with the option of not doing any serious hunting for irritatingly large chunks of time if one chooses not to stomach biped dependence.

even being able to make recipes, i cannot seem to get the ingredients for them without racking up the dp's. i have yet to eat one of the new foods and am up to 4 dp's with going after ingredients. it's not just dragons suffering.

Thread Information