Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plots sizes

Default Re: Plots sizes

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    right, c'gan - having one of those large plots (101x101), i would not like to have my palace made smaller. perhaps a tradeoff? an either/or situation? you can either buy one large plot, or you can choose to do several smaller plots (up to a max lower than the one plot option, say 75x75 or 80x80). or would this be too unfair/unbalancing?
    That would be my suggestion. Because I have a 79x79 plot and there aren't any 20x20 plots for me to buy to get up to an allowable 100 max.

Say, if you have a plot larger or equal to 60x60 then you can only have 1 plot. If you have smaller plots, then you can own multiple plots, up to 100x100 total area. And it is metres, not feet. Only primitive savages use feet!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

speaking as an american, i am a most primitive savage and proud of it!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

we talking ''all players'' here right?
    and not just dryads and dwarves, i dont see how putting massive amounts of work into d&d love (dryads and dwarves) would make the system fair to all players...

appart from that i would love ofcourse to see them ingame, this topic just isnt about that

I personally think meters make more sense than feet, even though I'm one of those savage SI users... Maybe it's because I'm almost done with a year of physics class. All metric there.

what about the "ancient" announcement of new buildings where you choose which machines shall be in it?

same goes for the resources hall/room?

this got stomped?

Resources hall/room were shelved long long LONG ago doing to them being to easy to exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    speaking as an american, i am a most primitive savage and proud of it!!
    Actually the SI system is standard in the US, just like everywhere else. It just isn't enforced. I don't think there are any countries that actually technically have the Imperial measurement system as their official system. Everyone everywhere is "metric" (that isn't the right word though, it is SI. Metric is a little bit different).

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    what about the "ancient" announcement of new buildings where you choose which machines shall be in it?

same goes for the resources hall/room?

this got stomped?
    Yes... that got stomped

They had an idea that you could place buildings with the size of a tier 1 or 2 consigner or PB and place just the machine, so if you want just a machine (like you can find in kion's crafting center) you could build a structure that houses the machine. That went poof.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

When they did dragon lairs they already learned this leason in size.

They just need to resize the plots. Nothing smaller then 50x50 40x60 plots.

Buying 100x100 worth of space will leave alot of people with out plots. They can better controll this buy inc plot sizes.

We just got done doing the Unity move would it not be the best time to clear every one off all the plots and do the biding like back in the server merger's.

Only this time there inc. plot space to be useable.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Eldryr and me had similar thoughts here and were thinking about how to improve the system.
    On the first glimps it is a great idea to scale the structures down for the "littluns" but in our cases for example the whole family should have access to the plots, meaning there are dryads, dragons, gnomes, dwarves, fiends and elves and so on.
    So it would be a little bit annoying for the bigger ones to have a meal in an dryad-scaled house.

But when planning our new plot - we just arrived from Unity - something else attracted our attention: The placing of the structures seems to work a little bit different than we were used on Unity in former times. Now it is for example not possible anymore to place trees right at the borders of the plot. In addition there are some structure where this does not work anymore, while others can be placed right or very near to the boarders.
    So it can be said that a plot with for eample 40x40 can not house so many structures as in former times and herewith is kind of smaller. (Hope I managed to express what I mean ).

Realising this we thought that it would in general be hard to carve a 25x25 plot out in a useful and still beautiful way.
    On Unity we had a 50x50 plot. After arriving on Order we of course looked at once if the same plot is still available - and to our surpirise it was. We purchased it right away, started to plan and found out the above described situation. So we sold the plot again, as it was not possible to carve it out in the same way as we had on Unity. (For example we had the dwarven large house near the border, but diagonal and not parallel to the border. This is not possible anymore - at least not in that position as we wanted. We would have to drag it more to the middle of the plot and so lose lot of space or place it parallel which is not that nice in our eyes, and in addition this is one of the structures that leave a broad space between it and the border, which was not the case in former times. )
    We found a free 66x66 plot - hurray - and while searching, we saw many many many free little plots.
    So there came up a general question: Are all those very little plots really needed?
    We think it would maybe make sense to merge a couple of little plots at a time to one bigger one.

What do you think?

Resizing plots is really needed, all under 50x50 is too small to build simply anything useful on it. Today I visited scorpion bay and saw so much 25x25 unsold on the beach, if the devs merge 3 of them together they would make such nice beach plots.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Yep, agree. Many of us are crafter by passion and here is one of the best crafting systems ever, so please give us some work to do and merge the useless small plots.
    We had a plot on Scorpion Island on Unity and the only plots sold in the past were the 50x50 plots at least. No one is buying a smaller plot with the actual population.
    Yes all of you are working hard to make that better and trust us, all of us do the same to tell our friends Horizons is back.
    Osgoroth, the friendly neighborhood blue Dragon

I wanted to get a plot in Dryart. Nice place, right on the edge of the desert. I would have too if I hadn'ta sold my plot to my guild Maybe someday.

As I'm working on the map right now and have counted all the plots I marked, there are 2479 plots (if haven't missed some), and there are LOTS of 25x25 and similar, the smallest I can remember are 19x21. Those are unusable and I know that it takes a lot of time resizing those plots, the landscape need to be flatened...

Maybe it's easier to enhance the system of purchasing a plot, bundle 5-10 of those small plots and you can build your own small village or something like this, the "master" plot should be a bit larger so larger houses / guild houses can be placed there. I really love this idea and not complete landscapes needs to be reworked.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

That kind of goes along with what has been mentioned before, something about letting players buy up to a total of 100x100 of plot land. Since resizing plots would end up being quite a hassle, I think it'd be a good idea to let players who are only paying RL money for the rights to one plot own two, or possibly three, very small ones. Otherwise, who in their right mind would settle for something as small as a 25x25?

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    That kind of goes along with what has been mentioned before, something about letting players buy up to a total of 100x100 of plot land. Since resizing plots would end up being quite a hassle, I think it'd be a good idea to let players who are only paying RL money for the rights to one plot own two, or possibly three, very small ones. Otherwise, who in their right mind would settle for something as small as a 25x25?
    i fully agree

save manpower and hard work ^^

i hope that the plot issue will be solved soon!!

the main issue with owning multi 25x25 is the building footprint size...how will you fit a t4 Gh or other large buildings....but the principle of the right to a minimum usable size of plot per account seems ok...but you still need tobe able to promote the idea of upgrading size of plot as you level up through the game(or do you)....in general they have it right for plot size in that the 3 different shops beginer/jm/expert have same footprint...if you want to keep that idea in line all buildings of same type should have same footprint...the exceptions being houses/gh,s,these reflect plot size.
    The other issue is that the game for bypeds promotes multi schools,so in crafting means multi craft shops and multi silo storage.
    I,m sure VI are looking hard at rebalance on this issue in line with plot recovery from space wasting non-players

thought...if we can do more with 1 plot...won,t Vi loose out with the stopping accounts of players with multi accounts ,so as to mave many plots
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by brainbasher View Post
    the main issue with owning multi 25x25 is the building footprint size...how will you fit a t4 Gh or other large buildings....but the principle of the right to a minimum usable size of plot per account seems ok...but you still need tobe able to promote the idea of upgrading size of plot as you level up through the game(or do you)....in general they have it right for plot size in that the 3 different shops beginer/jm/expert have same footprint...if you want to keep that idea in line all buildings of same type should have same footprint...the exceptions being houses/gh,s,these reflect plot size.
    If it is a plot already near machines etc, it may be more favorable to own 4 25x25 in spread out places for silos and staging areas.
    Would also be handy for those "second subbers" who don't need machines, GHs etc. Just silos.

Thread Information