Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shard wide plots of concern

Default shard wide plots of concern

Hello all,

In considering plot reclamations, quite a few of us are wondering what that might mean to structures around the shard that we depend on.

Please post here any plots you know that many folks use, such as Chef's in Snowfall (just above the slate), why it is important (stoneworking & other structures), and whether it is likely to change ownership if reclamations are implemented.

We'd like to minimize the impact on the shard that losing key shops might have, and will use this information for planning. All guilds and parties interested in participating are asked to tune into the General channel at 10 am PDT (pacific daylight time) on April 13th (1 pm EDT; 5 pm GMT I think, please calculate your local time). If you cannot attend but would like input/info, please send a representative. I will post minutes as best I can too.

Default Re: shard wide plots of concern

May I suggest that you set up a chat channel on that date and time specifically for this meeting rather than using "General" chat?

Great idea for a meeting/discussion... but by setting up a specific channel for it, only those interested/involved will be a part of the discussion.

Normally there is only the bot on that channel anyway, it's always open, and OOC is officially allowed there, so I figured we might as well make use of it. Is there a specific need or reason to hold it elsewhere?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

From Obsidian Order:
    Chef's in Snowfall, above the slate field, having both masonry and scholar halls as well as vault and silos.
    Sckatha's in Harton Valley south, near the portal, pad, and shrine, having both carpentry hall and vault and a public silo. This is widely used for maple.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Wolf's paw plots for the mithril and plat.
    Starlight's plot in Drift Point for Granite (tho I don't think that one will be reclaimed )
    Plots in Summit that have Expert shops and silos, for gems and steel/gold.
    Plots with T6 pawnbroker shops (Augh, South Gate, Saritova)

On Chaos we used to have Nuthala (by Parsinia) covered with a journeyman stoneworking and blacksmithing shop plus public silos for use of new players. I haven't been there recently on Order to see if there is a similar setup, but if not I'd suggest it.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

No concern on Starlight's plot, Zexoin. Starlight is a very healthy and happy kitty who still roams the Dragon channel frequently (she was even at Lemona's tavern opening last night).

Other plots that are of concern:
    Kaisey's in Last Stand with Expert tailor hall.
    Thrag's in South Gate with Journeyman tailor hall.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    No concern on Starlight's plot, Zexoin. Starlight is a very healthy and happy kitty who still roams the Dragon channel frequently (she was even at Lemona's tavern opening last night).
    Hence why I said it wasn't going to be reclamed

Oh Nuthala is an awsome place for any T1 stuff a dragon can work with on Order too.

Jeweler, open silo's and consigner inbetween the T1 gems (and not far from T2 gems) in Central Valley/edge of Heart

OOPS! I did forget to mention that Chef's and Sckatha's will be up for repo. From the conversation last night, it sounds as though both Kaisey's and Thrag's will as well.

would hate to lose kaisey's plot by the portal in last stand. also not sure who owns Enk's plot out by the yew and shinies but that place is pretty much a god-send.

I just thought about another place of EXTREME importance. I don't know if anyone has seen Kerrl lately, but his lair in the northwest corner of Genevia has a crystalshaper open to the public for all dragons to process viridian azulyte.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    I just thought about another place of EXTREME importance. I don't know if anyone has seen Kerrl lately, but his lair in the northwest corner of Genevia has a crystalshaper open to the public for all dragons to process viridian azulyte.
    I agree, his lair is extremely useful. I have a few opened silos in my lair, but they are too far from the azulyte to be of any use.

Does the plot right next to Bristugo count? While not a critical plot in the machine/silo aspect, that vault gets a lot of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Does the plot right next to Bristugo count? While not a critical plot in the machine/silo aspect, that vault gets a lot of use.
    Same for the connie/pawnie building in the plot next to it

Okies, here's a summary of what's been posted here so far:

· Chef's in Snowfall, above the slate field, having both masonry and scholar halls as well as vault and silos – will be up for repo.
    · Sckatha's in HartonValley south, near the portal, pad, and shrine, having both carpentry hall and vault and a public sil – will be up for repo. This is widely used for maple.
    · Wolf's paw plots for the mithril and plat.
    · Starlight's plot in Drift Point for Granite (tho I don't think that one will be reclaimed ) – reassured not a concern
    · Plots in Summit that have Expert shops and silos, for gems and steel/gold.
    · Plots with T6 pawnbroker shops (Augh, South Gate, Saritova)
    · Kaisey's in Last Stand with Expert tailor hal – will be up for repo.
    · Thrag's in South Gate with Journeyman tailor hal – will be up for repo.
    · Jeweler, open silo's and consigner inbetween the T1 gems (and not far from T2 gems) in Central Valley/edge of Heart
    · not sure who owns Enk's plot out by the yew and shinies but that place is pretty much a god-send.
    · Kerrl’s lair in the northwest corner of Genevia has a crystalshaper open to the public for all dragons to process viridian azulyte.
    · plot right next to Bristugo – while not a critical plot in the machine/silo aspect, that vault gets a lot of use. Same for the connie/pawnie building in the plot next to it

It was an interesting discussion today, here's the updated list with red for confirmed for repo and blue for confirmed active:

· Chef's in Snowfall, above the slate field, having both masonry and scholar halls as well as vault and silos – will be up for repo.
    · Sckatha's in HartonValley south, near the portal, pad, and shrine, having both carpentry hall and vault and a public sil – will be up for repo. This is widely used for maple. – may request dev’s put in a woodworking bench at the woodcutting stand south of the forest.
    · Wolf's paw plots for the mithril and plat – middle plot owned by mystif is active; potential back up of plot on other side of mithril mines
    · Starlight's plot in Drift Point for Granite (tho I don't think that one will be reclaimed ) – reassured not a concern
    · Plots in Summit that have Expert shops and silos, for gems and steel/gold.
    · Plots with T6 pawnbroker shops (Augh, South Gate, Saritova) – Saritova t6 pb plot confirmed active; Alexzandria offered to hold the one in South Gate, and a new one being built in Acul
    · Kaisey's in Last Stand with Expert tailor hal – will be up for repo.
    · Thrag's in South Gate with Journeyman tailor hal – will be up for repo.
    · Jeweler, open silo's and consigner inbetween the T1 gems (and not far from T2 gems) in Central Valley/edge of Heart
    · not sure who owns Enk's plot out by the yew and shinies but that place is pretty much a god-send – held by A&A but believed in danger
    · Kerrl’s lair in the northwest corner of Genevia has a crystalshaper open to the public for all dragons to process viridian azulyte – Tagath has a t1 or 2 planned on his lair 0 level
    · plot right next to Bristugo – while not a critical plot in the machine/silo aspect, that vault gets a lot of use. Same for the connie/pawnie building in the plot next to it
    · Sylidra’s plot with cloth shop south of silk near aug
    · Plot in parsinia just north of the shrine complex (several jman shops)

Any with an update on the status of the listed plots or willing to bid on/hold one of the plots above, please let us know. Back up plan if structures are lost would be to find someone to design a plot nearby the resources and try to have a world projects rebuild, if there is someone willing to hold one like that.

Hopefully our new friends from Unity can give us some ideas of what/where/how they wish to set up their plots/lairs, so we can add that into the planning equation. Input is very welcome!!

The next meeting will be in two weeks, same time, same channel: General channel at 10 am PDT (pacific daylight time) on April 27th (1 pm EDT; 5 pm GMT I think, please calculate your local time). If you cannot attend but would like input/info, please send a representative. I will post minutes as best I can too.
    Last edited by awdz; April 13th, 2008 at 06:29 PM.

aww crumblies, this weekend is really busy, i won't be able to attend the meeting. can someone else lead the discussion & post notes?

so does how the list change now that we see what's condemned, and do we as a shard wish to do more than just watch how things fall out? restoring some useful structures to some of the "at risk" areas might be good world crafting projects, no?

I'm more than for helping with reconstruction of the vital areas. I can be a truck and haul metals, rock, gems, etc in.

We could start an "order of construction list" that way we're all working at the same project at once, so resources aren't spread out all over the world and little progress is made to each. I'd like to get one at a time built. Afterall, fully built plots will make the rest easier to build in the long run, I bet.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Thread Information