Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live patch - Confectioner changes

Default Live patch - Confectioner changes

"The length of a death point is now tied to your potential rating. Potential rating is calculated by what your Adventurer rating would be if you were currently gaining experience in your highest level school. Beginning at level 10, the death point will last 8 hours. It will gain 4 hours for each Tier beyond (12, 16, ...) to a maximum of 28 hours. "

Did this not get implemented? It's on the login page, but doesn't seem to be working as intended.

Default Re: Live patch - Confectioner changes

I would assume it was implemented... but I haven't seen yet for myself since I'm only now logging into the game. Could always go suicide and fly into the ED to test it...

It's been tested on Chaos and reported by several players and a level 100 DP is still 8 hours.

thats a rel eave for this warrior
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    thats a rel eave for this warrior
    Better enjoy the moments before they fix it.

Hehe, this.. will make my training interesting. But I've been dying a lot less lately! (getting better at it!)

How did that end up not getting in, though? I'm guessing it worked when they tested it on blight, so did they just forget to update that part?

Not that I'm complaining, or anything.

Maybe they're giving us a chance to stock food to be ready for the change ?

Buttercap quest gives the 3 bonus forms but not the Buttercap processing form. All other garnish quest work correctly. (Yes I already did them all *grin*). Who do I beat on to get a copy of the processing form loaded for me?

Drev

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Ok, so I'm confused. That means that my DPs go off the fact that I'm a 93 carpenter, not a 31 warrior?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Ok, so I'm confused. That means that my DPs go off the fact that I'm a 93 carpenter, not a 31 warrior?
    The patch remarks said "Adventurer rating," so I don't think so.
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Default ....Whut?

(scratches head) I guess I'm just as dumb as I look, but it seems to me these Confectioner changes read like my last tax return.

The length of a death point is now tied to your potential rating. Potential rating is calculated by what your Adventurer rating would be if you were currently gaining experience in your highest level school. Beginning at level 10, the death point will last 8 hours. It will gain 4 hours for each Tier beyond (12, 16, ...) to a maximum of 28 hours.
    You must eat one of each part of a meal before eating another in order to gain full benefit and optimal use of your time.
    ....Whut?
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

If you've gained experience in 3 different adventuring schools, your rating will be different, depending on which is your current school. Death point timers are now calculated as if your current school was the HIGHEST school you have. If this means your adventure rating is now 10, your death point will last for 8 hours. If this means your adventure rating is 20, your death point will last for 12 hours.. to a maximum of 28 hours for adventure rating 100+

(example: You are level 20 warrior, 48 spirit disciple, 13 mage - your "rating" will be as if spirit disciple was your current school, even if you're a mage at the moment)..

To gain maximum benefit from eating, you can combine different dishes to make a "meal" for instance, starting with fish soup (I'm guessing here cos I don't know the recipes), continuing with steak, and finishing with vanilla pudding.. preferably in an Inn to increase the eating benefit more..

does that help any? (I'm an accountant, USED to interpreting tax returns)..
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Default Re: ....Whut?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasai View Post
    (scratches head) I guess I'm just as dumb as I look, but it seems to me these Confectioner changes read like my last tax return.

....Whut?
    Well, to boil it down into a smaller 1040 EZ form:

Take away needing clay cookware (still exists if you want to make the "old" stuff) No clay cookware needed for new foods.

New foods come in one recipe. You buy the "Journeyman Main Dish" form and you get about 8 things you can cook, and more recipes coming as quests, not to mention you can add garnishes to your dishes for added flavor.

Death points (when fixed) should start at 8hrs for 10th level and scale up to 28 hours for an adventurer with a rating higher than 101. (this means dragons will only get 24 hour death points as their rating caps at 100)

Eating an appetizer, side dish, main course, and dessert, one after another, with the appropriate cool down timers in between eating them (about 4 1/2 minutes to eat a complete meal) will remove a significant portion of your death point timer.

Death point penalties (debuff) are the same (5 mins per death point) but the cap has been raised from 25% to 75%

Confectioners do not gain XP making the lower end stuff, only if it requires prep skill or cooking skill will you get XP.

Eating in a tavern doubles the food's effect.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Cool Re: Live patch - Confectioner changes

• Dragon Crystalshaping machine, Essence Channeler, Gemcutter, Stonecutter, Helian and Lunus Smelters, Scaleforge and Tinkering Workbench now have associated sounds.
    • Dragon Scaleforge's flame displays normally.
    Yay!

Rumors of adamantium, diamond, sapphire, and ruby have been circulating across Western Aradoth.
    ....Western Aradoth??? That doesn't seem to make sense.

Dragon Ingenuity now allows Dragons to gather using ingenuity.
    I suspect that means folks will now be hitting on me to gather and airlift funky-smelling plants out of Injun Territory....

Master Blighted Cut Gem formula added to Frig Tallowgar at the Imperial Outpost near Old Oaks.
    (scratches head) Um, that's nice, but is there a point? What end-product requires blighted cut gems?

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

Talking Re: ....Whut?

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Well, to boil it down into a smaller 1040 EZ form:....
    Okay; thanks. You as well, Arietna.

Superior Resurrection and Primal Rebirth will now remove 28 hours worth of death point....
    In other words: "Or, just always have an Ancient Dragon hanging around, and feed him or her lots of cookies."

Last edited by Hasai; March 26th, 2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Adds
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

It really makes more sense to me to bring the convectioner stuff up to speed, then when they've had the chance to shake and bake bring the death penalty change in. Especially with the small amounts of folks on these days.

I see the announcement about T6, are the gems in blighted or clean....or both?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Buttercap quest gives the 3 bonus forms but not the Buttercap processing form. All other garnish quest work correctly. (Yes I already did them all *grin*). Who do I beat on to get a copy of the processing form loaded for me?
    That quest was fixed last week and should be working correctly on live. I think putting in a ticket would be faster than beating on someone, if not nearly as entertaining. (1,000 Quatloos on Reyem!)

Edit: It looks like the quest is still bugged on live. My apologies, I thought the fix was in delta 136. It is fixed internally, and will go out in delta 137. Until the fix goes live, however, players should not do the Buttercap quest.
    Last edited by LaughingOtter; March 26th, 2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Hasai View Post
    ....Western Aradoth??? That doesn't seem to make sense.
    Yes it does as that is where most of the people live to spread the rumors, that is not where they are just where the rumors are spreading.

Western Aradoth is the name of the part of Aradoth we all are playing in. Eastern Aradoth is the stuff of legends, currently completely blighted (presumably) and is past the blight fortress in the Eastern Deadlands.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Western Aradoth is the name of the part of Aradoth we all are playing in. Eastern Aradoth is the stuff of legends, currently completely blighted (presumably) and is past the blight fortress in the Eastern Deadlands.
    I knew that. I was just testing you.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

Thread Information