Thread: South March rain bug

Default South March rain bug

After a week of being forced out of my home, I was hoping the rain would be gone today but its still there.
    When is it gonna be remove? I used to spend hours working inside my lair or just spending time with the many guild members that used it now its empty and deserted. Only the thunder, lighting, rain and fog remains inside and out of every lair and buildings.
    Please remove the weather bug, I wand to my home back.

Image, homeless

Default Re: South March rain bug

This will be fixed/removed in the next patch. I was attempting to fix it so it wouldn't rain inside last night, without success.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you. So when is the next patch? };=)

I will bring some buckets.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Isn't it possible to put a rain-area just outside South March, preferably above the road leading to the town (or any other town)?
    That would still give atmosphere (it's NICE to have some rain somewhere for a change); but not lead to town-wide melancholy about rain-for-ever/rain-inside-and-out...

Yea, we're moving it to the Sslanis since it is a jungle. And there aren't any plots or lairs in the immediate sslanis vicinity.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I hope you're making it into a warm jungle rain, then, and not the cold thunderstorm that's in South Marsh.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Rain forests tend to rain for a bit every afternoon. Is it possible to turn the rain on and off according to time-of-day (which I believe is figured client-side)?
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

From what I can tell, there are no time of day constraints on environment effects (such as rain, low "fog" or lightning), but just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it can't be there.

not that I am aware of

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    I will bring some buckets.
    Thanks minou. *hugs*
    Bring lots though, my 2 beautiful lair rooms are now completely flooded and it may be weeks till the cloud moves out of SM.

The constant lighting is the most annoying part of the rain. As it can trigger migraine, I have a tough time spending much time now in my home.
    I need to keep all effects completely turned off or risk a headache.

Yes it is nice to have weather changes but it needs to turn off and move around. Since its a mob couldn't it be programmed to move/teleport to random locations? That be neat.

Weather is not a mob. It was discussed as a possible - but undesirable - workaround to create dynamic weather. At the moment they are statically defined properties of the region you are in.

Until this is taken care of, however, you can easily remove the thunder (as well as ran and smoke puffs, if you wish), by editing the file region_rain.def in the horizons\resources\definitions\regions directory. Simply open it with notepad. At the very bottom, you will see three blocks of "envEffect" - remove whichever block corresponds to the effect you want gone, and renumber the remaining ones, if needed, so they start at 0.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Weather is not a mob. It was discussed as a possible - but undesirable - workaround to create dynamic weather. At the moment they are statically defined properties of the region you are in.

Until this is taken care of, however, you can easily remove the thunder (as well as ran and smoke puffs, if you wish), by editing the file region_rain.def in the horizons\resources\definitions\regions directory. Simply open it with notepad. At the very bottom, you will see three blocks of "envEffect" - remove whichever block corresponds to the effect you want gone, and renumber the remaining ones, if needed, so they start at 0.
    Ah I see my error, read mob for mod.
    I was given that info to modify the file, thanks.

Though I have found it has affected more then the weather. The internal lair lighting is now off and back to reflecting the time of day as in the very beginning of lairs. + We now have that very much hated view distance fog (well I hate it anyway ). Used to be able to see clear across town without any trace of fog now I can barely discern the other side.

Image, hoping the next patch comes very very soon.

hmm moving rain to sslanis. best warn shartan to get some buckets ready XD

Could there be weather regions, similar to spawn regions, but with their own set of consecutive biote numbers? Then when a character logs in, have the client randomly pick one of those areas, and apply rain there? True, different areas would have rain on computers that may be side-by-side, but then you wouldn't have rain 100% of the time in one given spot.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Could there be weather regions, similar to spawn regions, but with their own set of consecutive biote numbers? Then when a character logs in, have the client randomly pick one of those areas, and apply rain there? True, different areas would have rain on computers that may be side-by-side, but then you wouldn't have rain 100% of the time in one given spot.
    I'm certain this is possible, as well as many other possibilities. The point has always been that it would take time to code a new system, and that isn't the best use of Dev time. Now if Frid wants to volunteer...

Is your lair underwater, or is it just raining inside?

The rain ignores world objects so it rains, lightning and thunders, and fog banks appear in the lair. It's not a bugged lair like some were that when you went so far down you drown.

It is annoying and a pain to sit in a lair with these effects going on constantly, and my ears are still ringing from the constant roaring from the OP's anger and discontent. Istaria has no wrath like a dragonness scorned.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    Is your lair underwater, or is it just raining inside?
    I invite you for a visit to my lair in South March (chaos), Amerelium, but don't forget your umbrella.

Image, hoping today is the day the rain stops

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    It is annoying and a pain to sit in a lair with these effects going on constantly, and my ears are still ringing from the constant roaring from the OP's anger and discontent. Istaria has no wrath like a dragonness scorned.
    Yeah! GRRRRRRRR *tosses stuff and anything she finds around*

*Flies to the Dev's homes and start to rain on their parade*

Image, wet and cold *cough*

Thread Information