Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enraged Wisp

Default Re: Enraged Wisp

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Bah, I didn't get my 50' tall, fire-breathing Apocalypse Cow either...
    And what about my cute Giant Killer Gophers hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Bah, I didn't get my 50' tall, fire-breathing Apocalypse Cow either...
    Sounds tastey! Already half-cooked since it's fire-breathing, right~?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

good thing too, that cow is deadly (java devil, you are now my beeatch!)!

bovine for you but cow bout me? will you heifer forgive me?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

After those puns, no.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I like enraged wisps, dont have to chase them and can still harvest.

I think that crafting as well as ADVENTURE is a part of this game, thats why I like seeing resources guarded.

I in fact hope they add adamantium golems and t6 gem golems to guard the new stuff.

The reward was not increased no, but... getting enough adventure levels to craft in some areas is its own reward in my opinion.

Also... please add salt rock golems, it would let me take out said aggresion on salt rock that I harbor from so very, very logn ago when they were bonus on I swear...everything?!!?!
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    I like enraged wisps, dont have to chase them and can still harvest.
    Don't enraged wisps only yield tainted essence since you have to kill them before you can harvest them?

I in fact hope they add adamantium golems and t6 gem golems to guard the new stuff.
    I know they have the gem golems for sure, because I heard about a few people going up against the named Diamond golem (though I don't recall the name... Good think I marked it on my map!). Don't know about adamantium, though I'm sure they'll add some of those if they haven't.

If all the gems, stones, and metals (and most of the wisps and trees), are guarded, why don't they have fish golems or azulyte golems, or even clay golems? o.O

I think that crafting as well as ADVENTURE is a part of this game, thats why I like seeing resources guarded.

If you are a "pure" adventurer nothing forces you to craft before you can kill.

So it's only fair if "pure" crafters can craft without the need to fight!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

They can, they just need to have someone do the gathering in dangerous areas and let the 'pure' crafter actually craft the resources together.

Or in other words, they CAN'T.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Not alone, no. But, then, a 'pure' adventurer would be severely crippled if they didn't have any help from others in the form of equipment.

but a pure adventurer can pay a crafter for equipment.

as someone who prefers to craft (and who obtained 2DP last night, for the first time in months, and only managed to get 20% of the way towards lvl 26 paladin (rating 28), I really object to be forced to fight when I choose not to).

What are my options? Continue to obtain DPs while gathering essence so I can build? Hire an adventurer with my non-existant bank balance as I choose NOT to adventure most of the time. Or try to level Paladin extremely slowly as there's no one of a similar level to group with, doing something I don't enjoy doing and feels like a chore, to be ABLE to do what I would like to do. As more fields get more guards, it is becoming very tricky for a pure crafter.

Please note that Horizons is one of the only games that you CAN play as a pure crafter, without the need to adventure (mostly). and that is WHY I play Horizons (that, and the building). If more crafting fields get guarded, my major reason for playing starts to go away.. Might be worth bearing in mind as I'm surely not the only one!
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

I sign what you`ve said, Arietna.

3 of my "only crafting" friends will return to the game this weekend
    (level 5 adv. is one of them- playing hz longer than I do).

Pls take care that they do not have to leave again, due to that issue.

Besides that: Some of us are very experienced in protecting crafters during their work. Feel free to ask for a friendly turn

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

Besides that: Some of us are very experienced in protecting crafters during their work. Feel free to ask for a friendly turn
    Nothing is saver than being in a dragon belly!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Wisp Isle should be a guarded resource area. It has a tonne of dim, pale and glowing essence in such a tiny area which is what makes it so appealing. If crafters want to craft without being bothered by guards then they can go to one of the unguarded essence locations that cover a larger area. That way they can craft without the need to fight.

Nothing should ever be without risk regardless of whether it is crafting or adventuring. Maybe I would feel a bit of sympathy for "pure" crafters if they actually had a chance of failing and losing resources when making items. Currently crafting has so little risk until the highest tiers it is somewhat of a joke.

Inevitably though the pure crafters never remain pure - in general the goal is to ensure that through the use of the crafting skills they can self-twink to simplify the adventuring advancement.

Maybe bring a friend with you who can kill the enraged wisp while you're harvesting materials? Or simply run away? (which can be hard, I understand)

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Wisp Isle should be a guarded resource area. It has a tonne of dim, pale and glowing essence in such a tiny area which is what makes it so appealing. If crafters want to craft without being bothered by guards then they can go to one of the unguarded essence locations that cover a larger area. That way they can craft without the need to fight.
    I've never actually been to wisp isle myself, is it really that much more convenient that it's better to go there and deal with a guardian wisp than to simply use the unguarded fields?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Inevitably though the pure crafters never remain pure - in general the goal is to ensure that through the use of the crafting skills they can self-twink to simplify the adventuring advancement.
    Speak for yourself. I enjoy crafting & building for its own sake. I am NOT looking at it as a shortcut to anything. Neither are most of the people I hang out with. Please don't make such generalistic statements as this, perhaps it's true of some, but certainly not the majority (in my experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    I've never actually been to wisp isle myself, is it really that much more convenient that it's better to go there and deal with a guardian wisp than to simply use the unguarded fields?
    It's a short run from Guild: Sakon. It's a great place (or was) for a lowish level builder who needs both dim and pale orbs/essence in quantity etc. It's my chosen area because I know it.

But anyway... after two pages of people basically saying crafters deserve it/don't deserve it, no one has answered my actual question..

Devs, why was this done? If there was a good reason, I'd like to know it

Before reading, I'd like to put up a disclaimer. I'm not flaming anyone with this post, and it is not directed at anyone. These are my views, and mine alone.

A lot of people are having issues with a Wisp that has gone bad.. but lets look at this here from a different angle.

Many of the people I have noticed posting in this thread have in the past asked us, "Where is the War?".. Some have even cried "Bring on The War!"

So the devs don't bring on the war, but they add something in that is a very small challenge. And yes, before you say anything.. it is small. We're not talking about a Tier VI, or a Tier V.. Not even a Tier III.

This is a Tier II wisp. Mid-level Tier II. It is guarding resources that, while may be more convenient than other places in the world, can still be found elsewhere... in unguarded areas.

What worries me, is that this single wisp is causing so much heartache.. All I have to say is.. How can you handle a True War.. when you can't handle a single small aggravated wisp?

Again, I'm not flaming anyone with this post, and it is not directed at anyone specifically.. This is just food for thought.

-Menkure

War? I avoid it

There's always a place for non fighters, to support the troops... that's more my role..

Tier 2 may not seem very high, but my HIGHEST adventure class is lvl 25, and I resented having to do that. It's simply not something I enjoy doing, nor why I play. If I wanted to go beat things up to support my crafting, I'd have stayed in EQ2 or (goddess forbid) WoW. But that's not my thing. I prefer the role of a pure crafter.

This may seem like a major complaint, but I think to me, it's more of a niggle. If I keep having to change where I go and get items that enable me to play the game the way I want, it's going to get to the point that I really can't be bothered any more to change yet again.

Let's put the boot on the other foot. If you enjoy adventuring, and that's really the only thing you want to do, would *you* resent HAVING to get to a certain level of crafter before you could advance your adventuring career? (And I'm aiming this at bipeds, as I know Dragons have to do both to become adult for example)..

*reinstalls Guild 2*
    Last edited by Arietna; April 5th, 2008 at 04:17 PM.

Thread Information