Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Enraged Wisp

Default Re: Enraged Wisp

Personally I like the changes. I have only been playing off and on for a couple of years and am a lvl 60 adv, 71 craft Dragon. I understand the irritation factor in having a mob suddenly appear and cause mayhem but that's what keeps things interesting. Nothing gets boring faster than predictable mobs that always spawn at point x on the map. I like the fact that there are area spawns and mobs can pop in anywhere in the area(s) at random. There were other tweaks put in with the last patch to spawn rates. I've been doing a lot of hunting in the northern dead lands and was quite surprised when my favorite frost blight area was suddenly an ice blight area. Yes, I collected a couple of death points but it made the grind to lvl 60 fun and interesting.

I understand the crafting issues but think that this lends itself well to the overall game story and play. What enemy sits on it's laurels and does nothing at all? There may not be major things happen with the WA but smaller movements always precede a bigger offensive.

Anyway just my 2 cent opinion.

Stealth changes are things I spoke out against before.

The reply was simply that, Vi thought exploring and finding things on our own might be fun.

I finally have the urge to reply. The game isn't about those making it or running it, its about making money and keeping players happy first and foremost. Sure some surprises are good. Some are bad, like this one( though it doesnt effect any of my toons and I dont think its a big deal, plenty do)...and many clearly dont like getting bushwhacked by what they assume to be a bug...then they send a ticket....

" Oh that! It was intentional fear not."

Well thats all well and good, but it still sucks sometimes. Stealth nerfs, changes, revisions, additions etc. sound good on paper but...are they good in practice? Only time will tell.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

An enraged wisp on the island isn't bad, what would be bad is if:

It respawned quickly and often
    It had buddies to help annoy crafters
    It had attacks that could actually kill 20th - 30th level players.

Role Playing:

"Father, I need to gather some essence but AI is being harvested by a lot of people, can you go kill the enraged wisp for me so I can harvest in peace?"

"Sure son, let me get my trusty sword and shield and make quick work of it."
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Stealth changes are things I spoke out against before.

The reply was simply that, Vi thought exploring and finding things on our own might be fun.

I finally have the urge to reply. The game isn't about those making it or running it, its about making money and keeping players happy first and foremost. Sure some surprises are good. Some are bad, like this one( though it doesnt effect any of my toons and I dont think its a big deal, plenty do)...and many clearly dont like getting bushwhacked by what they assume to be a bug...then they send a ticket....

" Oh that! It was intentional fear not."

Well thats all well and good, but it still sucks sometimes. Stealth nerfs, changes, revisions, additions etc. sound good on paper but...are they good in practice? Only time will tell.
    Uh huh, I completely agree. But it isn't just stealth nerfs I'm against, it is stealth buffs too. Clearly there are certain things that should go in in secret, like new events, or maybe even new spawns of rare materials (this one is a stretch, but I could live with it), and other similar things that I can't think of right now.

But changes to game mechanics, and things like loot, non-event quests, mob spawn changes, etc, need to be disseminated to us in full, if for no other reason so that we know to test the bloody stuff! And telling 1 or 2 Q&A volunteers doesn't amount to thorough testing. I think Vi would save themselves a lot of grief and extra work by documenting the changes that they make in detail. You'd have thought that the history of HZ would be enough to have taught them this, but apparently not.

Oh I dunno about that gopher... I don't think VI should have to handhold its playerbase on every little change. And discovering new easter-egg type stuff can be VERY fun. It's just the stuff that can be "Surprise! You're dead!" kinda-harmful, like in a situation such as this, that should be at least hinted at.

I mean, if the war was already on full-bore and they decided to add a new named or two to EDL or near the t6 resource areas, I'd probably welcome the shake-up.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    It had attacks that could actually kill 20th - 30th level players.
    It has, and has done repeatedly.

Bear in mind when I go to Wisp Island I do so in CARGO armour and I now take a weapon (although I didn't before).

The wisp can and does kill me fairly easily. I'm a rating 28 level 25 paladin. I have very few heals, and my lvl 25 sword (yes, it's appropriate for my level, I'm not using a bronze knife or anything!), when it DOES hit, does not hit very hard. The wisp has more hit points than me.

If I was in my full suit of plate, it may not be able to attack me very well - but gathering essence in plate is just bloomin stupid!

Why is it that people assume the wisp is completely ineffective? If it was easy to kill for a lvl 25 player do you really think I'd have gone to the effort of making this darn thread in the first place?

Oh, and how has it affected me? Suffice it to say I'm not a gatherer or enchanter any more. I'm going back to completing my stone paths until I get a real answer why this was done :/ Means my path to confectioner is going to be delayed somewhat as I was hoping to level gatherer a bit in preparation (pun fully intended) to be better at cooking. Guess my new plot with confectioner shop, mill and alchemy shop may not be being used for a while.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Arietna, instead of using the Isle of Wisp, consider this:
    Unguarded dims are east/southeast of the Genevia pad.
    Unguarded pales are at Mambow Point (with a portal at Elmnic, and it's not a far run) and Abandoned Island. Scorpion Island does have some south of the mountain, but no essence circle.
    Unguarded glowings are in the Valley of Repose and Heather.

Also, if you're looking to raise gatherer, making boards does give gatherer experience for lumbering, as does making spools using spinning.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thanks C'Gan -

I'm levelling gatherer with essence as I'm lvl 47 enchanter kinda helps advance a bit quicker than boards or cloth as I'm not as good at processing those.

Once I've finished my paths, I may explore Mambow Point.

Seems a shame that not long after I did the coloured wisp mod to make it easier, it becomes more difficult to harvest on WI

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Hmmm, maybe an addition to your mod to help out? The level 120 giant enraged wisp that attacked at Aughundell and Kion was absolutely blight green. Since the one that's causing problems is enraged, maybe a red-orange outer shell and green spritelies inside? I'll admit I haven't looked at your mod system personally.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

the enraged wisp uses the pale wisp tints - so if I adjust those tint files, ALL pale wisps will appear enraged.. at the moment, it's bright blue, same as the rest..

nice thought though!

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Arietna, instead of using the Isle of Wisp, consider this:
    Unguarded dims are east/southeast of the Genevia pad.
    Unguarded pales are at Mambow Point (with a portal at Elmnic, and it's not a far run) and Abandoned Island. Scorpion Island does have some south of the mountain, but no essence circle.
    Unguarded glowings are in the Valley of Repose and Heather.

Also, if you're looking to raise gatherer, making boards does give gatherer experience for lumbering, as does making spools using spinning.
    Actually forget Valley of Repose and Heather, go to Drift Point just west, near the town of Snowfall. It's not far from the drift point, no mobs, and the glowing wisps spawn like crazy there all within a tight area so it looks like a sea of wisps.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    ....I know they have the gem golems for sure, because I heard about a few people going up against the named Diamond golem (though I don't recall the name... Good think I marked it on my map!)....
    His name is Mohs, and he hangs out in the eastern 2/3s of the diamond field. If the sky goes green, start watching for him.

Mohs is just as slow, clumsy, stupid and blind as any other golem, but WOW! Can he hit!
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

has anyone actually SEEN the enraged wisp recently? I logged in my unity character (YAY!!!!) to take my revenge, and I'm darned if I can find the little beggar!

Has he returned from whence he came?

*Emissary Hat on*
    I was told when I first asked about this that he is on a very long respawn timer. I was not told how long of a timer. So Someone must have killed it recently.

*Emissary Hat off*

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Actually forget Valley of Repose and Heather, go to Drift Point just west, near the town of Snowfall. It's not far from the drift point, no mobs, and the glowing wisps spawn like crazy there all within a tight area so it looks like a sea of wisps.
    Yes, but they're very fast! They're so hard to catch, you're better off just going back to wisp isle for those.

Thanks Deth

Something must have changed then, because when I was first killed by him, I was killed again by him about 20 minutes later. This was really what sparked my irritation! (oh and before someone states the obvious that it was the same wisp... it wasn't, someone took revenge on him between my deaths!)

However I was there a good hour and a half last night (with my big bad dragon friend) and no sign of him :P

I think he got scared..

I think it's on a very irregular timer. I've seen (and killed) it twice with a short time in between and I've been looking for it for quite a long time without seeing it.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information