Thread: fuel prices... *pukes*

Hybrid View

Angry fuel prices... *pukes*

with $4 and higher gas prices in forecast in many places in US, its sure gonna hurt the economy big time.

Why in the #### are they going so #### high????
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Default Re: fuel prices... *pukes*

$4 for how much?

we're paying over £1 / litre in the UK at the moment, and it's going up all the time.

I gather most of it is in taxes :/
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Talking Re: fuel prices... *pukes*

Quote Originally Posted by Arietna View Post
    $4 for how much?

we're paying over £1 / litre in the UK at the moment, and it's going up all the time.

I gather most of it is in taxes :/
    It is.

I heard a lovely little tale from the oil minister of Brunei. It seems a EU politician visited him to complain about the cost of petrol and to ask for a price cut. The minister countered with an offer to ship all the oil the politician could ever want for free; Brunei would even cover the shipping costs, on just one condition: Brunei received half of the EU tax revenues levied on the petrol.

The politician declined.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Quote Originally Posted by Cromos_Swordbreaker View Post
    with $4 and higher gas prices in forecast in many places in US, its sure gonna hurt the economy big time.

Why in the #### are they going so #### high????

If that is pr galon then i would say very very cheap

The price of gas is not going so high -- it's the dollar going down. How down? http://xe.com (Caution: may make you cry!)

This is definitely a bad time to go on a vacation outside of the US. In fact, it's a bad time to even go outside of your house. Stay at home and play Horizons. It's cheaper!

Yarr. If the US dollar hadn't started freefalling due to the poor economic policies of the Bush administration (among other things, many of which stretch back decades, especially Regan's moronic policies), then the price of Oil would be in the 70-80 dollar range.

Don't expect the real price of oil to fall though. My dad works for a company that does R&D and manufacturing work for oil companies, and according to them we've hit peak production of Light Sweet Crude (the cheap, easily extracted and refined oil). There's lots of Heavy Oil and Tarsands left, as well as deep sea reserves, but that stuff is far, far more expensive to extract in any significant quantity (about 20 TIMES as expensive for tarsands).

And of course, China and India are revving up their economies. With nearly 3 billion people between them they are going to start needing a lot of oil very fast. Demand>>>Supply = High Prices.

So don't expect anything less than a few hundred dollars a barrel in the long haul. In the short haul I've heard that it's possibly that oil might temporarily go back under 100 dollars a barrel for a while, if things go well.

I'm kinda happy the USD is so low, my HZ subs are pretty cheap now, since I pay in euro

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    I'm kinda happy the USD is so low, my HZ subs are pretty cheap now, since I pay in euro
    Funny isn't it, paying less and getting more then on old Unity

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Steel claw i agree that the Usd is low atm how ever thats only the tip of the ice burg .After 9/11 the Us economies stopped completely. think of it as a beating heart . What bush did was get the shock panels out before trying cpr. And Allen Greenspan took bush to the cleaners .he came up with the options arm loan these loans are for investors only ! they are not met for the average person wanting to buy a house cause they a just so outrageously. when bush created this false bottom it was grand times for people in the new home Industry but, this grand time came at a heavy price and now its time to pay up. Imo you can not stop the Economic cycel.

this is
    Depreshion (1930's)
    Resheshion (2001)
    Recovery(Latter hafe of 2001)
    Prosperity( 2002-2006)

The feds have avoided a Great Depression again (thanks feds ) with the bail out of the major banks and lenders . the feds are learning the more we inter fear the worse it gets so what i think they are planing on doing is put the Uses nose up and bring it in for a belly landing Resheshion is just about hear

This Resheshion is a good thing in some angels
    1. we are looking at the death of oil and the rise of solar
    2. This should push the us in to a tecno eco friendly manner
    those are the top 2 that i can see atm

Bad angels are
    Weaken Usd
    Hosing market
    Record setting unemployment
    major US city's Like Phoenix 1 billion $ in debt

A warning to all Us players
    Labor day is comming up if you want to soften the blow for a few weeks stock up on gass while u can store it where it wont go boom and don't drive unless you got to .$ 4.30 for the cheap crap is outrageous we are not out of oil (Close but not yet )Chevron has announced a 40 Billion $ over head thats it profits after expenses and all that.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Consider yourself lucky:
    For instance: calculated to the current conversion rate at the official maximum price a gallon for 95oct gasoline: you would pay in Belgium: 8.90 USD/gallon.

Salis

Thread Information