Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plot reclamation?

Default Re: Plot reclamation?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    is a person (not me) who pays 3 years without an interrupt and then goes 3 month on vacation (wanted to have a hz brake, or imagine an other reason...) and stops to pay for his account (what i dont use that i dont pay?) this person is not really inactive (for the rest of his live, like the majority of leaving players)
    No, but he still needs to pay for the rights to keep his plot. Even if he is not actively playing, the plot is.

It is in the game and greatly affects the game world. If he wants a break, break off from the game entirely or do not. There is no "but" or halfway breaks, IMO.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

let me put forth 2 hypothetical situations for illustration, as perhaps we are not understanding each other's terminology....

sitrap #1 -
    vel creates an account for horizons and pays in advance for 3 years. the first day, she buys the best plot in game - the largest, best located, most prime piece of real estate possible. she doesn't even design the plot, just leaves it a big huge waste of valuable space. she then never never logs back in.
    for three years, while the account/subscript is ACTIVE and paid for, the plot sits empty and undeveloped. once the three years is up, the plot is available for reclaim.

sitrap #2 -
    vel creates an account for horizons and pays one month (without auto re-up) minimum monthly subscript needed to get a plot. vel loves the game and after the first week, buys the largest, best located, most prime piece of real estate possible and spends the next 3 weeks designing and building the most community useful plot ever built. the whole shard praises her name for bringing the community such a wonderful place. at the end of week three, vel wins a dream vacation - a 3 month world tour! in her excitement and rush to pack, she forgets to resubscribe to horizons.
    at the end of the month, without a paid ACTIVE subscript, vel's hard work and lovely plot is subject to reclaim.

both of these situations are sad and shameful, but nevertheless the legal way to proceed. this is the only fair way to perform plot reclamations, to my mind.

to have a plot, you must have an ACTIVE account - one that is paid for. if you pay for a year subscript, you have a plot for a year, no more no less. if you pay monthly and do not pay for whatever reason, your plot is forfeit.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

for those who are on the fence about returning, i just noticed this (yesyes, i know - i just don't notice these things in my rush to login....):

The grace period for expired accounts has been closed. Please add a subscription or if it has been a while since you last logged in, contact support.istaria.com for some Welcome Back free time. It's good to see you.

maybe worth a try to the unitarians?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

From what I can recall of the previous reclamations some time and a half ago, your plot wasn't reclaimed until three months had passed without subscription. Since I was never part of any reclamation, though (EU never had them - ever) I could be wrong.

It also wasn't on-the-dot once those three months were up, but it was at regular intervals (once a month?), and if your unpaid time was *over* (not near-below) the required time period, you got reclaimed. If you were 2 months and 3 weeks gone, you would keep your plot another reclaim-interval.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I also think I remember that special circumstances could be allowed for in the past. This is recollection, as I couldn't find the post I recall from 2-3 years ago. It may have been deleted during the interregnum, or perhaps I imagined the whole thing.

I think this came about from a soldier who had one account and the complimentary military subscription with two plots. He got put on a tour of duty in a SE Asian country I believe, and sent in an email to customer service to say he got sent on a 9 month tour of duty. They flagged his properties to not be repossessed, even though he wasn't paying for the account while on active duty overseas.

So if you find yourself in this sort of situation, where you know you won't be playing for a set time period, but don't want to pay for the time or lose your properties, try sending customer service an email and see if they can do anything for you. Maybe not, but maybe so.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

i am new and having been saving up to buy a plot so guess it makes sense to wait for his to happen first!
    last time where there particularly popular areas to bid on and any tips for getting a plot?
    i still only have 50 odd silver saved and am going to start super saving for when the auctions kick off, but would appriciate some advice!
    as a newbie i would like to be around a fairly active location if possible!
    thanks for any tips in advance............

i agree to your opinion!! it would be unfair for all willing persons if good plots/lairs arent available because of inactivity of the former owner!

but there comes my but ^^

is a person (not me) who pays 3 years without an interrupt and then goes 3 month on vacation (wanted to have a hz brake, or imagine an other reason...) and stops to pay for his account (what i dont use that i dont pay?) this person is not really inactive (for the rest of his live, like the majority of leaving players)

I will make my point off view on this matter very simple
    when it comes to games with a subscription model like HZ what you dont pay for you don´t use, keeping your plot is use.

Personally i think the system is as we know it could be made much better with a fully automatic system.
    One month gone plot up for auction plot/lair would be sold back to community after a week if not auctioned off.

Quote Originally Posted by grishtarr View Post
    i still only have 50 odd silver saved and am going to start super saving for when the auctions kick off, but would appriciate some advice!
    as a newbie i would like to be around a fairly active location if possible!
    thanks for any tips in advance............
    If you aren't in a Guild that has access to a guild plot, then I'd recommend the area around Lenera as being pretty good. Many of the plots there are fairly cheap (or they were last time I checked), and can be bought for less than 150 silver (some less than 100). Also, when the auctions start, just go into Marketplace or another active chat and ask, "where is a good place to buy a plot for..." whatever amount of money you have and are willing to spend.

(Remember to keep enough coin for teleporting. 0_0 I spent all of mine once, and not being able to use half of the teleporters in the game is very annoying .)

ok now there are no overpowered plot tokens from unity anymore so the Plot reclamation should be coming soon?

any eta?

let the players from Unity arrive, and have the same chance as everyone else, even if they don't have tokens :P

I suspect this will be high on the priority list AFTER the Unity transfers are complete..
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Unity transfers *may* begin as early as this coming week according to the announcement, but that means they may take slightly longer too. Then allow probably two weeks for the devs to be sure all the tranfer requests are in and do the transfers (part of which is automatic and part of which has to be done by hand from what I've read), and then we can probably expect plot reclaim and auctions to happen in the couple of weeks after that. My earliest guess: three weeks; my realistic guess: four or five weeks; my outside guess assuming no glitches in testing the process: two months.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

are the eMails to the inactive plot users already sent out?

the time from

inactive for 1 month?
    eMail to the account
    1 month to wait if he reactivate
    R E C L A M A T I O N ^^
    time to auction? (2 weeks? 3 weeks?)

or will the reclamation now starts without the usual flow (eMail and the dead time)?

are the eMails to the inactive plot users already sent out?

the time from

inactive for 1 month?
    eMail to the account
    1 month to wait if he reactivate
    R E C L A M A T I O N ^^
    time to auction? (2 weeks? 3 weeks?)

or will the reclamation now starts without the usual flow (eMail and the dead time)?

Uhm Vlisson, why should they NOW send the reclaim mails out when not even the Unity Characters are transferred?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

because if they would sent them out it would still need 1 month to be passed? (to give the owners the chance to reactivate?)

and if its true than all unitarians should be there in 14 days

so still 14 days for the unitarians without plot auctions?

because if they would sent them out it would still need 1 month to be passed? (to give the owners the chance to reactivate?)

and if its true than all unitarians should be there in 14 days

so still 14 days for the unitarians without plot auctions?
    People don´t need an month to reactivate.

The right to own a plot is a part off what you pay for when you stop paying you no longer have that right.

That means Virt can do what ever they wants with plots when a player decides to stop paying.

Besided you have no way to know how long time it takes for virt to do all the char transfers from the long dead unity shard.

Personally, I could see Vi waiting a little bit to let all the people who want to resubscribe, now that their Unity characters can transfer in, a chance to do so.

I would not expect the plot reclamation to take place directly after the transfers take place.

But that is just my guess.

According to that story, when plot repo happens, if all the lairs are taken up and more are needed, the devs will dig out more. There will be a lair for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mairynn Nalnair View Post
    People don´t need an month to reactivate.
    yes thats true but do you think that everyone who gets an email to reactivate will do it in 24 hours? is able to do it in this time limit?

I would think they would give the Unity people all the time they need to decide if they wish to transfer. Why turn away any subs at all? As for the plot reclaim, I think they will focus on the transfers. Once those have slowed down then they will send out the reclaim letter, again why turn away any sub that may re-up once they figure out they are going to loose the plot and find out that things are happening again. This also give the Unity people time to look around make some coin and find out what plots may be going up and where they may want to settle.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I would think they would give the Unity people all the time they need to decide if they wish to transfer. Why turn away any subs at all? As for the plot reclaim, I think they will focus on the transfers. Once those have slowed down then they will send out the reclaim letter, again why turn away any sub that may re-up once they figure out they are going to loose the plot and find out that things are happening again. This also give the Unity people time to look around make some coin and find out what plots may be going up and where they may want to settle.
    i hope you are wrong

even on order (the less populated shard) almost every plot is sold

but all is speculation ^^ it seems that Devs wont answer

Thread Information