Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Map Pack 3.3e(nhanced

Default Re: The Map Pack 3.3e(nhanced

Yes. If you are not using a "resources" folder inside the "resources_override" folder you need to go back to the zip file and get resources_override/resources/interface/Themes/Default/Defs/UIMapWindow.def and copy it into resources/interface/Themes/Default/Defs/UIMapWindow.def.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

i'd like to ues this put i dont know what to do heh soo many poets saying this and that . heh i am kina lost now on how to get it working .
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

From the first post all you have to do is this:

Installation

For the .zip Version: Simply copy the resources_override folder into your Horizons folder and say "yes" if you get asked to overwrite, keep in mind that it's always a good idea to make a backup of your old folder before you change it.

For the .exe version: double click the icon to start installation and follow the on screen instructions.

Both versions:
    Edit with NotePad the value "string mapPath" at the bottom of the file located in the folder horizons/prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def:
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"
    This have to be done after a Horizons update or a full scan too!

I have a finished update (3.4) running on my systems, but as all the small plots gets resized now (hey that's great!) but I don't have the time (and lust) to gather all plot informations a second time.

Second point is that I can't generate a new map (the graphics) because the old tools doesn't work anymore with the new version of HZ's worldcache.

That's why I decided that I don't release any more updates, maybe someone likes to take this over, then send me a PM or mail and I hand you over the last version I've been working on.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Sorry to hear that, Terao.
    But big thanks for the work you did so far.
    Mysk_unity | Mysko_earth_unity
    Paladin 100 | Helian Adult Dragon 50/100
    Tinkerer 100, Carpenter 100, Weaponsmith 94 and other classes
    ~ Horizons Order Server (Ex-Unity/Ex-Earth)~

Terao, if I can convince a dev to figure out how to make a replacement map (do we really need one just to show changed brown patches around communities?), and we get several people together to write down the changes to number of plots in each community as they are changed, can we entice you to remain at the helm of this project?
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

I'll be glad to help with the new plots in communities

Oakleif it's not only the brown patches of the plots that may get changed now, there have been already changes f.e. on scorpion island, genevia and some more that are missing on the map, and I speak of missing ways and such.

I really appreciated the help I got here from various persons, it speaks for the community and it's great beeing a part of it. I'll do a last release, as soon as I get time for it, covering the changes I've done since the last version, but won't do any further updates after this, I feel sorry about this.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Help please, I'm trying to alter the prefs file so i can use the map-pack but when i go to save it it just says
    Cannot create the ...........
    ............make sure the path and file name are correct.

which they are?
    Is it another 'safety' issue with Vista 64bit?
    I am in admin mode aswell by the way.

I dragged the file out to the desktop and opened it there, fixed it and dragged it back in. Not sure why I can't save the file while it's in the Istaria directory.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Nevermind, I forgot I had to "claim ownership" of every file under program files to be able to edit them even while I'm logged in as administrator. Stupid Vista. :P
    __________________________________________________ __________

I still can't seem to get my resources marks to work... I tried that fix where you copied UIMapWindow.def... sadly, it didn't fix it.

Instead I see little black rectangles where the rescource is suppossed to be. ; ;

Tried to download both the zip and the installation zip. Both multiple times, each time the download stops when it's nearly done, so the zip archive is of course incomplete, so it can't unzip correctly.

edit: redownloaded and unzipped the install file successfully this time. Odd.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Where can I find the Mappack these days? Had no success till now

The original post in this thread has instructions on how to install the map pack and links you can click on to download it. Is that what you are asking for? (Apologies if I have misunderstood.)

Sent
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

I rem on the old one we used to be able to click on a page and help contribute....is there a way we can upload or contribute some points of interest like for quest locations and such.

I'm working on a new version of Map Pack, if you want to contribute coordinates you can send me a pm for my email adress

Thread Information