Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VISTA pretty please

Default Re: VISTA pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Fantastic glad to see you're ingame again Vahrokh!

Rakku
    And where are you? Did not find you online yet.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    And where are you? Did not find you online yet.
    That's a good point... I seem to have ended up in an unplanned break, quite simply because I'm always too tired in the evenings to play any game. I've had HL2 Metastasis (new bit out recently) sat on the hd for ages and haven't touched that. Had a trial account on Vanguard and not touched that either ... a few nights ago I nodded off in a road-side restaurant, a few nights later I nodded off infront of the tv about 8pm.

I'm at work today until about 10pm, won't be home until 11pm ... (these are uk times) ... I'll see what happens when I sit in the chair!

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Bateluer View Post
    Larger vendors had access Vista beta code back in 2005. Having no Vista support and poor drivers for hardware is a sign of extreme laziness and not the fault of Microsoft.
    this may be true for a lot of programs, but can't blame Vi on this as they have only had the game for less than a year. Redoing the client to support Vista is likely a large undertaking to get a stable client worked. I'm in the same boat of not being able to play, but so long as they are continuing to work on it, I'm willing to wait. I'd rather have a stable game client on Vista than for them to rush out a Vista fix that doesn't work well if not cause more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by zakram View Post
    this may be true for a lot of programs, but can't blame Vi on this as they have only had the game for less than a year. Redoing the client to support Vista is likely a large undertaking to get a stable client worked. I'm in the same boat of not being able to play, but so long as they are continuing to work on it, I'm willing to wait. I'd rather have a stable game client on Vista than for them to rush out a Vista fix that doesn't work well if not cause more problems.
    That is true. I was referring mainly to other companies, such as Nvidia, who took 6 to 8 months after the release of Vista to have quasi-stable drivers, and theyhad very popular hardware at the time.

Default Istaria with vista?

does it work?

i know there are several topics about fixes/support or whatelse

my simple question: is there anyone with vista playing istaria?

thanks

(i know some guys who would join the game but use vista)

Default Re: Istaria with vista?

There are a few folks playing on a vista machine. Generaly it seems they're fine until they have to reboot their comp, then its hit and miss with the various fixes untill they get it back up again. Currently there's no offical vista fix patch.

but istaria would run with vista?

only rebooting crushes the game? but everyone needs to reboot his comp sometimes? or have i misunderstood it?

It is very hot or miss. Rebooting can cause the game to not work with Vista again. Yes you do have to reboot sometimes, but people normally try not to reboot for as long as possible once they get it working. The safest bet is to build a duel boot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    but istaria would run with vista?

?
    I can give you to answers to that question both a true

yes and no

yes if you are lucky enough to make the game work following the instructions/guidelines made by other players
    Some can log on to the game almost everytime so they would say yes

Some cant make the game work with Vista following the same instructions
    no matter how hard they try the game will simply crash before logging in

They will say no

that why you can see this here

http://www.istaria.com/trial.php

WINDOWS VISTA CURRENTLY IS NOT SUPPORTED

yes i know that vista is not supported

so if you use the instructions/guides than you have a chance that istaria runs with vista?

bad, ok then we have to wait till it works without much effort

We have many threads about that subject. I'd say at least 8...

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    We have many threads about that subject. I'd say at least 8...
    i dont look for an fix or an guide

please read my topic if you want to know my question ^^

i dont look for an fix or an guide

please read my topic if you want to know my question ^^
    If you'd have read those threads, you'd have your answer

then thanks for your great help

then thanks for your great help
    You are very welcome ^^

Default Trying with Vista Again

A while ago I had Horizons working on Vista. Then unexpectedly it just quite.

I have a new PC now with the 64bit version of Vista. I am downloading the installer as we speak. Any suggestions to get it working consistently?

It's great to see such activitiy around Horizons again... now if only I could get back into the game

Default Re: Trying with Vista Again

pssst

be carefull with such questions, they are not welcomed

*sneaks and hides to Walkertn*

use the search button, but like i got informed that there is no real fix
    That thread has been merged with this one in order to keep all the Vista information in as few threads as possiblethis is where i got the info that i have to use the search button *eg*
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; May 30th, 2008 at 11:02 AM.

Sadly I had to stop playing Horizons after a short return to the game.....I worked for hours through all the Vista work arounds listed here and managed to get it to work occasionally and then finally i couldnt get it to load anymore. Luckily for the devs....i forgot to cancel the game on my CC....they got 4 months of pay that I couldnt play....really pisses me off honestly but...we live and learn

For those of you doggin Vista....its here its staying.....and ive never had trouble with anything I ran on it besides Horizons...in fact its almost tripled my fps in most other games.

i check these forums occasionally in hopes of a fix....or some news but honestly after a year I havent seen enough to make me think this game is goin anywhere....eventually ill give up checking and there goes yet another dedicated HZ player.......

Quote Originally Posted by Flindar View Post
    Sadly I had to stop playing Horizons after a short return to the game.....I worked for hours through all the Vista work arounds listed here and managed to get it to work occasionally and then finally i couldnt get it to load anymore. Luckily for the devs....i forgot to cancel the game on my CC....they got 4 months of pay that I couldnt play....really pisses me off honestly but...we live and learn

For those of you doggin Vista....its here its staying.....and ive never had trouble with anything I ran on it besides Horizons...in fact its almost tripled my fps in most other games.

i check these forums occasionally in hopes of a fix....or some news but honestly after a year I havent seen enough to make me think this game is goin anywhere....eventually ill give up checking and there goes yet another dedicated HZ player.......
    In the time you spent typing this, you could have been done with the first part of making a dual boot partition and having the issue fixed till they release a Vista version.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Maybe you should read my post again....I said i tried ALL the workarounds and fixes i found in the forums including the dual boot partition....my laptop has a fixed number of partitions and will not support another one...which has also been pointed out in many other posts for people with certain dell laptops....

So unless you plan on coming to my house....spending hours upon hours retrying everything I have done so that you can actually claim that I have missed something....let me say my piece and mind yours

Thread Information