Thread: Trying to come back

Default Trying to come back

Hi all am tryin to get back in game after i was forced to quit for a while but im really strugglin to get the game to run under vista premium, iv tried evrythin on the forums an on the support site jus wonderin if anyone has any other advice because id really love to get back in game

Default Re: Trying to come back

I don't know how to help you if you've already tried what's in the forums - I have no experience with Vista, and hopefully someone here will know how to help.

A new client that'll solve the Vista fix is supposedly on the way, so if you can hold out a bit longer (how long exactly, no clue. Hopefully soon for you poor Vista folk), you'll be able to get in. (Sucks to wait, I know. )

So you're using Service Pack 1 with Vista, right?

Talking Re: Trying to come back

i was using the sp1 for vista but i uninstalled it and now hz works from the website but the .net patcher wont work but atleast i can get ingame now

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafyn View Post
    i was using the sp1 for vista but i uninstalled it and now hz works from the website but the .net patcher wont work but atleast i can get ingame now
    No that it works : DON'T REBOOT. Put your computer on sleep if you want to, but don't reboot it.

ive already rebooted it an evrything works fine

or it was workin its not now back to the drawing board lol

We wondered where you went to.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Ive tried all the tricks and tips these boards say to do with vista but the one thing that gets me in the best % is unchecking the .net button on the website launcher. Sometimes i have to reboot 2-5 times before it works but once i get it working its good for the rest of the day till i reboot.

I always launch from the website and its usually the first program i start after turning on my computer. If it doesnt load the first time (no horizons.exe has stopped working message) i just simply reboot and try again till it works. It usuall starts up after a few reboots.

So if ya havnt tried unchecking the .net box then give it a try

I use windows vista ultimate 32bit

-Eem

it only stopped workin when i tried to log into blight before an the patcher updated my horizons.exe file ive changed it back but still wont load i keep gettin the horizons.exe has stopped workin box even if i uncheck the .net patcher buton

Awww Naga... you need to get back, Pev is gonna live soon! The REAL pev! hehe. Still if you look in their interview, it seems Vista is the next big problem on their list so hope to se eyou again soon *winghugs*
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

guess am guna have to wait for the vista fix i cant get the client to start now i logged in an got back into my craftin too guess u'll be beatin me to ancient afterall lol

heh unlikely... my first plans will be to get some money together ready for plot reclamation and get the new master forms that are in :P Then I still have to work up from 72...
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Thread Information