Thread: 2 new lair chambers : portal room and arrival pad

Default 2 new lair chambers : portal room and arrival pad

subject already says it all

I would suggest there to be a portal room aswell as an arrival pad chamber. Most communities have no exit, you can only port in and hope to be bound elsewhere or have a long journey back to where you came from, which renders the chamber with the binding gem almost without use. Give those who have lairs in the far away outskirts a far chance to travel, they would love it

Because those chambers are something special because of superior usefullnes, it might be cool to make them harder to build. Tiniest version to be T5 or T4 for excample.

Default Re: 2 new lair chambers : portal room and arrival pad

How would you determine what ports it would go to?

I think this would be tricky to implement but possible. The landing pad however, may be impossible because it does not have fixed coordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    How would you determine what ports it would go to?

I think it would be a great idea to have a portal chamber! Maybe just basic racial towns, or maybe just Bristugo, since Bristugo is basically the hub of Istaria.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I think this would be tricky to implement but possible. The landing pad however, may be impossible because it does not have fixed coordinates.
    I'm not a developer, so I don't understand the whole coding thing, but a landing pad sounds to be difficult, too many things involved in an actual landing pad. Perhaps just the shrine, and just use its binding as your landing pad?
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

How would a landing pad be any more difficult to code than a shrine you can bind to? It seems to me that they both operate on nearly identical principals, except for a shrine you don't appear right on top of it.

The only concern I'd have is where all these new landing pads would be bound to. Maybe there can only be one built for each community of plots? Same thing for portals themselves.

I would assume because you have to have fixed coordinates to code in a portal/pad "Take me there from here."

As there is no set coordinates for either, that would make it rather impossible.

There could be some more features to the porting chamber .. like : highest tier chamber only can take you to all locations, while the lowest tier can only take you to bristugo. Or you could have different tiers going all to different areas. T3 : Guild portals, T4 : Bristugo, T5 : Racial Cities, etcetc

I understand how the arrival pad may be hard for developers, but it shouldnt be something everyone is able to acess. I dont want everybody and his child to be able to port into my lair. It probably should be a location from one of bristugos portpads which is bound to myself and if possible to my guildmates.

Should work like a second recall ability - just not triggered from your hotbar, but from a portal. Or heck, why not make it triggerable by /command ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    .....but it shouldnt be something everyone is able to acess. I dont want everybody and his child to be able to port into my lair.
    Therein lies a bit of a problem. If you put in a T6 portal and pad that goes everywhere- especially in a needed location, there is no way that people won't use it.

Not to be negative or anything, but I'd rather just see a few more portals around the landscape that everyone can use without issue instead of the headaches of tying in the "I don't want people in my lair" category.

Or heck, tie a few more portal locations together rather than start putting them in lairs. Realisticly speaking, I'd rather fight for a hoard chamber -something else we have not gotten yet rather than something so complex. I do agree that more portal port locations would be nice.

they probably could make these additional portals buildable and put up another world event

Hehe to get the portals you need to do a very long quest in tazzon and all racial cities to get the formulars!

NPC: I need formular red -6781!
    Player: Here!
    NPC: Nah! It's not signed with the blue stamp of the dwarfen council! bla bla bla also you need to get formular 532R in in red with blue dots!

That would be hilarous

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

If I remember well the portals must be activated manually (correct me if I'm wrong), and thus wouls need a dev to activated every portal built by a player.

City of Heroes does the same thing for super hero bases (guild housing)

You can collect the materials needed and build a transporter, each transporter only has 2 or 3 destinations, and they are pre-determined by the game.

if you do it Horizon style, tier 1 would go to Bristugo, tier 2 would go to Bristugo, abandoned Island, tier 3 would go to Bristugo, AI, and Isle of Ice. etc. Tier 4 would go to all racial cities, bristugo, AI, Isle of Ice...

A good idea, only drawback (and I know someone will scream at me for saying this)... you will have to include a plot structure as well. Don't want to upset the slaves.. I mean bipeds.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Ironically, I was just mentioning to my mate yesterday, that I really wished portals could be player built. Whether in a lair or in a settlement/guild town, we could use a few more, I think. *Considers Genevia Island is a prime example*

A room in a lair (such as others have mentioned) would be lovely, and as silos, etc. in a lair can be set to "deny all" or "guild only" I can't imagine others' use of our portal could cause a problem. (I love it when I have visitors...the awe expressed by bipeds when viewing the enormity of my rooms and the number of components required for unfinished ones just makes me feel great!)

As a selected, but unfinished/damaged spot in a town, (such as the shrines, fountains, gazebos, etc., that are game programmed), a tiny plot area that is set aside to be built only if the bipeds choose to build it, would also be nice.

Like tiny community projects, these build-able portals would foster a community spirit, I think.

~~~~

>snip< The landing pad however, may be impossible because it does not have fixed coordinates. >snip<

We can already put a shrine in a lair...basically the same thing, just a different pixel arrangement/looks. I would prefer the shrine to that landing pad in my lair just based upon its looks, personally. It will function in the same way.
    ~~~~

It has been suggested in the past several times for biped plots, but the devs have said that it presently just isn't possible without a significant amount of programming to make it work.

Nice idea, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for it any time soon.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

buildable portals plot and lair alike would be great !

but could this whole transport problem not be easiest solved by a standard recall-to-plot/recall-to-lair ability, granted when you buy it, and lost when you sell it?

many games have this option by the way, but also with a 1 hour cooldown

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i don't care about personal ports/pads, as i live right next to a landing pad.
    but i do agree that at least settlements should have an exit port as well - i think, iirc, that the port in heather was player built and it goes to most places. most settlement ports only go to other settlements, i think. maybe add brist to them and add ports in inhabited settlements and guild towns - that would make those settlements much more attractive to prospective plot/lair owners, can be done already, if it is a world project it becomes a community building exercise, and is not game unbalancing.

just my 2cp......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information