Thread: "Old" confectioner recipes

Default "Old" confectioner recipes

A couple of related questions for discussion.. and I'm NOT including Ambrosia in these questions, this is purely for the actual FOOD that used to be made..

Do the old confectioner recipes still drop? (I know they're not sold any more..)

Is there a need (except for nostalgia) to create any of the old recipe food any more?
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Default Re: "Old" confectioner recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Arietna View Post
    A couple of related questions for discussion.. and I'm NOT including Ambrosia in these questions, this is purely for the actual FOOD that used to be made..

Do the old confectioner recipes still drop? (I know they're not sold any more..)

Is there a need (except for nostalgia) to create any of the old recipe food any more?
    I saw them drop in some quests There's absolutely no need to create those anymore, the new food is far more efficient.

I have pondered the same questions too. I have some formulas that are probably moot now that I haven't learned. I have 14,000 skewers (thanks to a guildmate who had lots of time on his hands) and about 3000 bowls and roasters.

I am like, "should I just sell these to the PB since they are tier 2 clay, and I am well into the journeyman basic stuff with the new formulas." and "What to do with all the old formulas I have scribed?"

Some people keep things like that for years (I know I do) just to pull out a Steel Golem Fragment and show the new players.... Yep, I remember the days when there were steel golems, and they dropped these, and all the kids gathered around going oooooo and aaaaaah. And they dropped steel bars too, none of this nickle / iron stuff. *stares of disbelief*

So, I wonder if it is just for nostalgic sake we would keep the older formulas as an indication of what it was like to have lived in Istaria years ago when the food wasn't as good, and the FDA didn't exist.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

The old formulas have been removed from the loot tables as they are not needed. You can keep them or remove them, your choice.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

If you do one of the "confectioner quests" from the ghost loot drops, (I still have one pending in my quest log) will you just get crystals? or a rare formula for the new foods?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    If you do one of the "confectioner quests" from the ghost loot drops, (I still have one pending in my quest log) will you just get crystals? or a rare formula for the new foods?
    A friend of mine got an old reciepe from those quests not long ago

Thread Information