Thread: MMO learning curve

Default Re: MMO learning curve

ahahah.... I don't get it.... : P

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I think it may be implying EVE is slightly um.. tricky in comparison with other MMOs ?

(I've never played it, but I thought the cartoon was funny)
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Yeah, that looks about right to me. EVE is... different. It takes a while to get into the groove of that game, even for people who are familiar with MMOGs in general.

I tried eve out once a long time ago, gota say that seems pretty acurate to me. Me and a friend were trying it out together, he managed to get in first and I was following after. We were on the same server in the same zone/area but couldnt see each other even tho we were standing next to eachother. Turns out they appearantly do instancing or something... even after grouping loging in and out and a variety of other attempts we finaly decided to delete both our characters and make sure we started at the exact same moment in hopes of ending up in the same instance or whatever. We got in and gave up after about an hour. Ye gods old school EQ was easier that that game!

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Turns out they appearantly do instancing or something...
    It's been a while since I played, but I think the only instanced areas are the EVE version of dungeons, and the beginner areas. IIRC. Kinda like how in HZ there are multiple versions of the 4 beginner isle so that when 5000 people all logged on to each server at once on the first day they weren't packed.

Thread Information