Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizons = HZ, Istaria = ?

Default Horizons = HZ, Istaria = ?

before, we used to name this game HZ. Times have changed and new, fresh changes means also a new, fresh name. What shall we call HZ now? Ist? ICG (Istaria Chronicles of the Gifted)? tell your ideas here

btw, there's a lot of places where the name Horizons is still used, like on the main website and in the "play horizons" section of the community site

I am not saying that this change is a good one but it is not a bad one too. Sure, it'll take time to get used to it but this change proves that the game is raising from his ashes (sorry, my own little philosophical chat )

EDIT: also, what are the HZ videos on youtube going to become? ( i know there's like 10 videos but...)
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

Default Re: Horizons = HZ, Istaria = ?

Istaria = IZ?
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

I asked this question in the other thread about what is the abbreviation going to be...

IA IS I:cog etc...

I put "virtrium" in all of my youtube videos from Horizons... makes the filtering easier to find my videos.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    I asked this question in the other thread about what is the abbreviation going to be...

IA IS I:cog etc...

I put "virtrium" in all of my youtube videos from Horizons... makes the filtering easier to find my videos.
    sorry, didnt read the other thread

I could kind of go with VI - Virtrium's Istaria, tier VI owner for the game, etc. ;-)

Cool Re: Horizons = HZ, Istaria = ?

I like ICG myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kealla View Post
    I like ICG myself.
    Ooooohhh that one works for me too ^_^ *posts it up on a stickypad along with the other suggestions* Hmmm I think this might be one game where the devs need to post what thier "official" acronym is....

Quote Originally Posted by Kealla View Post
    I like ICG myself.
    I do too.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Has a nice little ring to it. And it's not too long or hard to remember. I'm all for ICG.

ICG sounds like a CardGame..
    (but i dont know a better one)

ICOG - Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

i dont like the changing of the name (it suited 6 years, but maybe its good to confuse people who dont liked Hz and now tries a complete new game called different ^^
    )
    i dont like the new logo (my wife is a grafic designer, and she wondered who has done it ^^)

and i dont like the new short cut possiblilities ^^ (IA/IoHz...)

but things change and if Vi is happy with this decision than we all should be pleased

If the new logo will show up at the loading screen I'll have to mod it out, sorry but I don't like the new logo: I think it doesn't fit at all to the style of the game itself.

Back on topic: I'm always going to call the game Horizons or Hz No matter what.

best,
    Arcat

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    i dont like the changing of the name (it suited 6 years, but maybe its good to confuse people who dont liked Hz and now tries a complete new game called different ^^
    )
    i dont like the new logo (my wife is a grafic designer, and she wondered who has done it ^^)

and i dont like the new short cut possiblilities ^^ (IA/IoHz...)

but things change and if Vi is happy with this decision than we all should be pleased
    Ask her nicely to come up with some new designs :-)
    Game can use all help we can get isnt it?

i fear Vi would not take any player/customer made things/design like mods

You're actually wrong here, Vlisson.. They do sometimes use mods created by players..

It certainly can't harm to ask, can it?
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

The rain introduced in one of last patches is a mod..
    Aswell the possible to make a UI selection, the ui's themselves are player made.

yeah, if players don't like the logo, why would they keep it anyway?

also, it would be cool if they could incorporate players mods like... i dunno... white teeth, claws, horns, and of wings.... some real rain (cuz the rain introduced in south march was "deleted")... weather effects... a better in-game map.... water that doesnt lower my framerate so much... y'know, all those things that would fit with the game

I'm burying my head in the sand and pretending the name change never happened.

I'll always call this game Horizons, I will always refer to it in an abbreviated form as HZ. The name change doesn't sit well with me, strange how exchanging a word that infers a positive future for the name of the place doesn't feel right.

Boy did this topic get derailed.

This is not a "Do you like the name change topic" but "What acronym would the game name condense down to" thread.

I like ICG (but it's a little bit too close to ICQ) and ICoG a little to close to Ipod, and DAoC, but it works too.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information