Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphics Issues in Aughundell

Default Graphics Issues in Aughundell

I was wondering if anyone else was getting these graphics issues. I haven't experienced them anywhere but the Aughundell mines, but have experienced them there on multiple characters on more than one shard. Relogging and clearing world cache helps, but it inevitably starts back up soon after. Hard to craft when you spend most of your time relogging. Am I alone in this, and is there a way to fix this?

And like this one below, things appearing where they shouldn't be. This is the upper granite area in the mines.

Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

Default Re: Graphics Issues in Aughundell

Ohh.... your poor dragon looks like swiss cheeze (stupid question time) Have you trid updating or rolling back your video drivers? I've never seen that before.

Looks like the sandstone-bluffs-bug (does it indeed seem to be the same for you Amecha?) Would be great to see this bug nailed down, it has been around a long time.

If you have a Nvidia card, this fixed the problem for me:

Download updated Nvidia drivers here. These drivers fix display bugs you might experience while playing Brand x game. (Note: the Brand x game is not Hz or whatever we call it now)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

It does look VERY reminiscent of Sandstone Bluff. I think Tagath posted screen shots of it in another thread.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15973
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I think, maybe it has to do with the stone cutting structure that the graphics go disco style...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I've tried the video drivers both ways, but both times it still happened. Sometimes it happens more than others. I've been on all night and only experienced it once, but last night I had to quit and re-log a good 8 or more times.

This is what happens:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...urrent=bug.flv
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

I've had the same issues with both the Augh mines and Sandstone Bluffs can be really annoying.

Was at the granite field at Aug today and this problem is still occuring
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I have this problem at Sandstone Bluffs and at the Aug granite fields, but I've noticed that I only have the problem if I happen to log out/log in while standing inside the stonecutting shed. If I log in inside the stone structure, then the problem occurs within a few minutes of logging in (not immediately).

Relogging fixes it, and it doesn't re-occur as long as I don't log in/out inside the structure itself.

I hate to say this but it's a possibility, I once had similar effects when my video card was going out....

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

I don't think it's the video card going out. I have the problem on two different machines, and while it's possible that both cards could be going out at the same time, it's not very likely. However, they are both Nvidia cards, so there could be a connection there.

I tested this some more yesterday and the only time I have the issue happen if is I log in standing inside the stone shack. This was at the Aughendell granite field - haven't tested this at Sandstone Bluffs, but I think it was the same way.

Unfortunately, it doesn't happen immediately upon logging in, it is usually 15-20 minutes later. So it's hard to nail this down as being the cause, but it seems related possibly.

We're looking into the stoneworking shelter model as we think it might be something with the occlusion model.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Never had this one on four different systems with four different cards. Are your windows updates up-to-date along with your video card drivers? Maybe you have antialiasing on when your card doesn't support it?

Might be time to take a look at that what cards folks are using that are having the issue.

I've had this problem in the past too.

I'm using a XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT

Back then Smeglor helped me figuring it out what it was,
    it seemed that I had to use a older driver and had to turn the
    image quality settings to performance.

I had the exact same problem, terrains where messed up
    and sometimes my character wasn't visible or just parts of it.

I hope this is any help.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

The fact that its so inconsistent across many different video cards is why we're looking at the model. I personally have never seen it and I've looked at it on a GeForce FX 5600, a GeForce FX 7600 GS, and most recently a Radeon 4850.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Heh. GeForse 7600 is what I have, and I have seen this one time at Sandstone Bluffs. I thought it was the model at the time as well, not that I have any experience to call on or anything.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i never got this (that i remember) on either my xp or my vista machine - not knowing what my vid card is offhand tho...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The fact that its so inconsistent across many different video cards is why we're looking at the model. I personally have never seen it and I've looked at it on a GeForce FX 5600, a GeForce FX 7600 GS, and most recently a Radeon 4850.
    Other than the model Amon has mentioned, the graphical errors look driver related to me. If you're changing a driver, *completely* remove it before reinstalling a different version. A remaining component lingering through installations may be the one causing your problems. I only update drivers if a game requires it or I encounter a problem directly, using the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

"Oh you might get better performance with omega 2.1.56.3c alpha rather than 2.1.56.3a. 3 points more on 3d mark!!". *yawn*

I'm in a ranty mood today. Bust a nerve in my arm... advised not to drive, can't fly, can't write and can't ride a bike properly. That probably explains it. Hey at least I can type!

Back to topic... have you had this problem since any particular time? Had you upgraded any driver at all to cause this problem? Something would have triggered it, or have you always had the problem since playing Istaria on your current pc?

Rakku

BTW: It could also be ram related, if some part of your memory is corrupt. I remember messing about with Opengl and C++ ... I wrote to an array, but wrote outside of its normal bounds so the writing was done over one of my 3d models of all things (pure chance I guess). All the poly's went screwy!

There are three topics on this and this is the most recent, looks like, so I'll post this here. I think this may have something to do with having cloth sim turned on.

I got the bug several times over a few days recently. It happened after every few hours or so grinding granite in Augh Mines. I noticed that if I got far enough away or turned enough that I could no longer see the stoneworking shelter the bug would stop until I turned back.

It happened without fail everytime I flew over the Sandstone Bluffs shelter until I turned off cloth sim. Haven't seen it since.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information