Thread: Bitterroot not gatherable with istarian army knife?

Question Bitterroot not gatherable with istarian army knife?

As a curious Saris, when I located a Bitterroot resource some time ago and tried to harvest some with my favored mithril harvest knife. The resource promptly refused to cooperate and suggested a clay scoop, istarian army knife or ingenuity ability. Well, I switched my favored harvest knife for a mithril istarian knife, and still the Bitterroot refused to yield intoning that I did not have the proper ability. As far as my knowledge goes I have no ingenuity ability to go with the knife, only ingenuity skill which is at a base of 1000 (1076 current) and can develope no further outside the developement of strength, dexterity, power and focus statistics through extensive multiclassing. If a maximum base ingenuity is incapable of gathering this item with the suggested istarian army knife, should not the army knife be removed from this resource's list of valid tools?
    Galeana Twinstitch of the Elder Spirits on Order
    ~ that oft sleeping, black spotted, white furball that is a Saris ~

Default Re: Bitterroot not gatherable with istarian army knife?

Not being a crafter I can't test this myself, but I can tell you that I saw a max level dragon gather bitterroot. So while the Harvest Knife may not work, the Dragon Ingenuity ability does.

Default Re: Bitterroot not gatherable with istarian army knife?

After digging through links here and there I found a reference to this being a known issue in back in Blight delta 134. I didn't see a fix listed in later deltas so maybe testing is still ongoing if a dragon can use thier ingenuity ability now. Either way this thread can be closed, locked, terminated, deleted, archived, whatever... I suppose.
    Galeana Twinstitch of the Elder Spirits on Order
    ~ that oft sleeping, black spotted, white furball that is a Saris ~

Thread Information