Thread: Player Customization/command(?) request

Default Player Customization/command(?) request

So far in the world of player mods, we've been able to turn back time, change our size, and make it snow!

Now can someone tell me if turning off trees is possible? I really hate trees >.< I realize that the object would still be there as far as colision goes, but is there any way to just make them not visible?

Default Re: Player Customization/command(?) request

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    So far in the world of player mods, we've been able to turn back time, change our size, and make it snow!

Now can someone tell me if turning off trees is possible? I really hate trees >.< I realize that the object would still be there as far as colision goes, but is there any way to just make them not visible?
    There is one, but I really think it'd be a great loss for Istaria. Anyway I'm gonna check that tomorrow. Oh, and I think collision is handled client-side, so if the tree is not on your screen, the server thinks there's nothing. (correct me if I'm wrong)
    Last edited by Zexoin; April 24th, 2008 at 01:52 AM.

You're right. Collision is handled on client.

It's how setscale works... and it won't be such a big loss for Istaria because I'll be able to see what I'm doing instead of having nothing but leaves in my camera when I'm gathering or crafting. Thanks Zex ^_^

assuming you're not gathering wood
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

World object trees and resource trees are two seperate classes of entities, I believe. So turning off the world trees (if its even possible) *shouldn't* affect resource trees. Turing off static world objects might be an all or nothing deal though, meaning you would no longer see pretty much everything but landscape; essentially what you see when you first portal into an area with the loading screen off.

Drev

What I can do is replace the tree models with another one. Now what do you want me to replace them with, and do you want me to replace the ressource trees too ?

Wow! So many possibilies. Makes me wish Istaria had flowerbeds....

Cut and burn them down! That's pretty appropriate!

As for the resource trees, replace those with mushrooms please... or the fly trap flowers (in Old Rachival) whichever one is funnier.

I'm still looking for this.
    As there are hundreds of trees in Istaria, I'd love a mod that just replaced the "large leafy trees" buildable in plots with this deadwood if nothing else can be done. I hate not wanting to visit my own guild lands just 'cause I can't see.

Tried doing this myself, but uhh.. ran into a few problems.

I used tree_dead_elm (Burnt twiq tree) and tree_dead_hollow_reg_n (Burnt log) as the bases and put them as the following names in the resources_override:

com_tree_weepingwillow_reg_high
    tree_bushy_01
    tree_bushy_02
    tree_bushy_03
    tree_elven_split (Feledan tree)
    tree_leafy_02
    tree_leafy_branched
    tree_leafy_branched_02
    tree_leafy_branched_autumn
    tree_leafy_reg_medium_low
    tree_leafy_reg_medium_n
    tree_oak_fall_small_n
    tree_oak_summer_small_n
    tree_oak_winter_small_n
    tree_reg_fall_medium_n2
    tree_reg_fall_medium_n

I still can't find the leafy plot tree or a few of the other basic "leafy" trees that threaten my camera.

Boy was it nice to see Feladan's trees burnt to the ground It worked for the most part.

I ended up with an error message when I went into Winter's Peak area (Why there? I didn't modify any trees in that area) so I'm guessing one of these is actually a texture file that obviously doesn't want to be told that it is a tree. :/

I had to delete the folder that was causing problems because I wasn't sure which file I had wrong. (error message went away after I did, so obviously there's something wrong)
    Last edited by Shian; July 12th, 2009 at 01:57 AM.

/printsec
    go to world cache dir for current shard
    examine sector_####.def file with #### as listed in /printsec
    World object names, object names, locations, sizes, etc should be there.

Thread Information