Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The battle for Epic mobs

Default Re: The battle for Epic mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    i think this is still possible, if their was more mingling by the authorities..
    (i.e. devs/worldmaster/emisaries) to sort out conflicts ingame whenever they are at hand.. probably we need a King Solomon for this hehe!
    Istaria Rules of Conduct, Supplentary Rule C:

In certain cases, two or more groups will contest the rights to an NPC, resource, or object within the Game. It is expected that the two groups will use all tools at their disposal to solve the issue before involving the CSR's. If no resolution is reached and the involvement of a CSR is mandated, then the decision will be left solely to the discretion of the CSR. As mentioned before, it is to the benefit of the partied involved to solve the issue on their own, as the decision of the CSR is final and may not please everyone.
    I think right now, the parties involved (which is more than just two sides), are attempting to work the situation out. At least I hope we are. If any of the parties or opinions remain firm and will not concede some points, then the Devs would have to step in with a resolution to the situation. "Shut up", "Get over it", "Ban them", "Penalize them" are all NOT concessions and are not going to help in the least.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    I'm actually with Var on this one... now maybe I was just blind on Unity but I saw none of this happening (and might I add right now I love Chaos to bits and have personally found no faults with the people there) but some of the comments and things that get people arguing... it doesn't smack of the HZ I know and love. 99% of the time I see the HZ community that I love, hence my earlier comment that I believe we are all grown-up (I meant mature by that Galem, not 'old enough') to settle this but... when I see comments about not relying on random niceness, it saddens me.

I am 100% certain that on Unity if I had asked just for one kill of any mob, be them Epic or not, then I would have been allowed the chance. I was 100% certain of this on Chaos too, but not so much now... It saddens me a great deal. I personally would be happy once I hit 100 Ancient just to go along for one kill, for the experience. If I ever happen to get the epic items from it, great, but I'm not bothered. You can make some darn nice stuff with crafting anyway and that is more than enough for 'regular' hunting. Heck I'm not even that fussed if I never get Vengeance teched onto my scales (not that I'd mind that either )

Ah well, as I say it's not a big deal for me as far as the actual topic goes, I'm more concerned about the community side of things, and I'd hate to see such a fantastic bunch of people get torn apart by 'purple fever' (sorry WoW creeping in there hehe)

you and varh are not blind, pev - this crap doesnt happen on blight either....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Personal option. I do not think emissaries should be grouped in with the other two. We do not have any power. WE are just a way of passing on info is all. Me putting on my Emissary Hat and saying "Hey guys stop that lets talk about this." Has about as much power as spitting in the wind or pulling on Superman's cap. Not a lot of power and not something we as Emissaries should be doing. We could be there to take every ones side of the story and pass it on to Dev's but that is all. We do not and should not have any kind of policing power.
    im sorry, i see you are an emissary, i just used the word to express myself in my poor english, i didnt know the role was allready filled within certain boundaries

A simple question then: Why do you have to do every single Reklar spawn? What is the reason? Why can't you ever just say "hey, let's let someone else get this one"..?

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    I am kind of a "new" player, despite I have Boar Mask even on my alt.
    I am one of the Unity "undead" now being migrated in the US servers.
    I return playing in Istaria for many reasons and at the same time probably leaving one of the "fortune 500" top WoW guilds.
    I was fed up with the "competitive" bullcrap covering WoW all over, with the endless personal attacks, dominion groups and "elites", namecalling with nothing done, exploiting of everything possible and so on and on. All of that for some stupid epic pixels for hormonal prepubescents.

Reading Rick Simmons RPG Vault interview
    http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/866/866205p3.html

(I experienced on Unity all of the above quotes)

So, do I have to tell my other friends on MSN to return in Horizons or whatever is today's name or to not bother because this is turning into WoW just without raiding and PvP?

Because I am a bit scared at the moment.

First of all this post slung insults at anyone who has ever camped a mob...in my opinion thats unnacceptable. It also feels like a desperate attempt to get teh owners to ban someone because some unity players might not come to a "unfriendly shard". Thats also unreasonable and might I add shady.

The cloak and dagger has to stop. It HAS to STOP.

I lost a lot of respect for anyone stooping to such tactics or words to get their point across.

To use similar tactics is wrong but I will give an example: The game feels to me, like high school. A bunch of POINTLESS drama. That seems more appropriate to prepubescent. There are plenty comtemplating leaving simply because of that, not the camping, thats nortmal...the whining, backstabing, name callibng and other similar activities...yeah thats what it is......
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    A simple question then: Why do you have to do every single Reklar spawn? What is the reason? Why can't you ever just say "hey, let's let someone else get this one"..?
    Because it's a several hour wait of camping the spot for Reklar to appear. There is a low chance for a random piece to drop. You need about 24 pieces for every Reklar item, and some people want 1 of each item for every character. With 7 character slots, if you have 7 subscriptions available, that's 49 characters, 1176 pieces needed, only one chance every 6+ hours, low chance for the piece to drop, that's why someone would camp Reklar constantly.

1176 pieces, if Reklar spawned on time every 6 hours and drop rate was 50%, you would need a minimum of 14,112 hours and that is NOT taking into account duplicate you may get. For 7 subscriptions to get each item for 7 characters, you need to kill Reklar 2300+ times at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    I think right now, the parties involved (which is more than just two sides), are attempting to work the situation out.* At least I hope we are.* If any of the parties or opinions remain firm and will not concede some points, then the Devs would have to step in with a resolution to the situation.* "Shut up", "Get over it", "Ban them", "Penalize them" are all NOT concessions and are not going to help in the least.
    Thats right.* banning the current top dog, just makes room for a new top dog, who may be less efficient, more efficient, more of the same, or different.* its a bad solution.

I'm too dumb to quote more than once on a post and I apologize...

This is not flaming steelclaw, more adressing hsi points, which i would better be able to do could I quote again...sorry.

Power games/Dominance: I've seen a lot more players do it prior to this and currently I might add. Are you certain thats the case here?

I know you dont even try to hunt said mobs. I know before people had to twist your arm to get you to go sometimes. Sometiems you were very happy to help however. I know you are certainly no authority on these people. You certainly don't like them, talk to them etc.

I would certainly like a private tell to discuss this, because you aren't exactly the most knowledgable of the circumstances, going by hearsay etc.

posts made in ignorance, help nothing.

Galem, thats been the point the "evil campers", myself and many others try to get across. You used statistics and numbers, somethign I am bad with...but facts are hard to argue.

You're my hero of the day Thats totally not sarcasm btw.

no one wants to wait years for goodies, so they compete...or they just whine for bans and still get nowhere.

Silver, you know I always listen carefully to what you say, and your criticism
    is welcome.
    But pls accept the fact, that Unity players WILL NOT come to an unfriendly shard- Why should they???
    But even worse: That Chaos players think about changing shard.

And pls : I say it now for the last time:
    The word "competition" sounds terribly wrong in this context.
    We all like competition- that is why we are here- it`s a game.
    But It feels more like missled Darwinism than healthy competition.

Knowing Galem's numbers, wouldn't it be easier to accept the fact that only one or two of your characters can get the item? Hello? It IS rare!

And with the numbers in Istaria, it's no wonder there has been nothing but bad blood surrounding the Epic mob issue. With those that want one of every item for each of thier characters, that's one less other player that can not get thier first.

Because it's a several hour wait of camping the spot for Reklar to appear. There is a low chance for a random piece to drop. You need about 24 pieces for every Reklar item, and some people want 1 of each item for every character. With 7 character slots, if you have 7 subscriptions available, that's 49 characters, 1176 pieces needed, only one chance every 6+ hours, low chance for the piece to drop, that's why someone would camp Reklar constantly.

1176 pieces, if Reklar spawned on time every 6 hours and drop rate was 50%, you would need a minimum of 14,112 hours and that is NOT taking into account duplicate you may get. For 7 subscriptions to get each item for 7 characters, you need to kill Reklar 2300+ times at a minimum.
    wow do you really intend to own all RARE items from reklar with ALL of your chars? You play more then 1 char at the same time too?

have you put only the numbers for discussion or do you really want to tell me that there are more then 10 players out there who want to collect 1176 pieces?

Lov, I think its a combination of competition and darwinism, social darwinism too, and not just on the part of those who have had more success with mobs...And no vlisson not everyone wants all the items for themsleves, some are getting them for other people while they are at it.* Friends, family, significant others etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    wow do you really intend to own all RARE items from reklar with ALL of your chars? You play more then 1 char at the same time too?

have you put only the numbers for discussion or do you really want to tell me that there are more then 10 players out there who want to collect 1176 pieces?
    No, I don't want 1 of every item for every character.
    In fact, I play only one character and I want only 1 item, Reklar Sash.

However, there ARE some players who have multiple subscriptions with multiple high ranking characters on each subscription and they do want one of each item for each character.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian
    Knowing Galem's numbers, wouldn't it be easier to accept the fact that only one or two of your characters can get the item?
    No, it is not easy for some to accept. In fact, they would likely question WHY they have to accept it. The items are attuned. Since they have multiple high ranking characters, they want/need the items for each character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post

Instead of one person with 49 characters, imagine, say, a guild of 15 people, each playing 3 main characters that they wanted to get the items for. Or one big guild of 50 people, each with one character that they wanted the item for.

Both are easily possible *cough*CNAandUoP*cough*. In that case it would likely take at least, what, ?5 or 6 years? of killing Reklar every single time in order to acquire each of the items that people wanted (what's his spawn time, 14-20 hours or something like that?)? And we all know that you can kill a mob and get the same item 200 times in a row if you are really unlucky (or lucky, depending what that item is).

Now. Where is my epic crossbow? Put it on a mob by itself. No controls or special measures will be required, because I'll be the only person killing the darned thing trying to get that epic weapon.
    Last edited by gopher65; April 25th, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Well, since I'm a Lunatic, I just HAVE to say this: You think too much.

That's not entirely a joke though. It would be more fun if everyone just played it a bit more laid back, and didn't analuze the hell out of it. It's like when hatchies ask me what the max hoard is; My reply is always: The more the better...

...well, reason prevailed; we just had a combined Valkor hunt - all friendly.

There ya go

HIJASSSS

and I missed it

I have just opened a new thread with a letter from our development team on this issue. Because this thread has wandered "off topic", and become more about the people involved than the issue at hand, I'm locking it.

Please, if you had thoughts on how the team might address this ISSUE (not the people, or groups of people), repost them on the thread I started. Posting about people (or groups of people) violates forum rules, gives moderators headaches because they have to work, and doesn't make anyone happy. Posting about a topic and holding a discussion that leads to solutions has the result of making everyone happy.

Thread Information