Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epic mob respawn timer

Default Re: Epic mob respawn timer

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I've personally tested this. You can too. It's very easy. Simply go out with a friend and find the nearest ice beetle. Both of you start casting at the same time. Now ask your friend what their log says. They will see themselves hitting it first. You will see yourself as hitting it first.
    This is true, unfortunately; however if you compare logs with several other players in the same vicinity, and all those other logs show player B hitting the mob first then the odds are good that player B did engage first.

I'm not a pro on latency or how it works, but it seems reasonable that a 3rd (or 4th) player would be getting the same latency from player A and player B.

I will amend that all players would need to be in the proper range to get the combat spam from all participants, and I am not certain what the radius is.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxes View Post
    Is this you trying to accuse us of killstealing now, Justa? Were you at the kills the past 2 nights that we actually had some competition? Ask a couple of the members from the groups who were competing with us. They'll assure you that we got the kills fair and square. We got the pull first and had initial aggro on the boss that we were attempting at the time, who was General Reklar Plageubearer. Obviously, you didn't say any names, but you are clearly falsely accusing us of killstealing. As I said in your other post on the "Battle For Epic Mobs" thread, if the other group pulls before us, they get the kill. Simple as that, we will NOT touch your mob if you pull it before us. So, the solution? Beat us to the pull. ;>
    I smile even more... I said Scenario as quoted from the OP who spelled out the details of the damage the paladin put out... but you twisted it into me calling "you" a kill stealer... sorry you will lose in a battle of wits with me.

it appears that we have struck a nerve. You took an OP post about damage a paladin was doing, combined with my scenario, and immediately attacked me with accusations. This tells me that you are basically "Defending" your actions on a statement that was a comparison scenario. You don't need to "defend" yourself over an example. But because you instantly drew corollaries between my possible scenario and what was really happening in-game... well I get a good laugh out of that.

I have already stated my piece. As someone told me, you don't need to out run the bear, only out run your friends. In this case, you don't need to defeat the epic mob, you only need to defeat the campers.

So in saying that, you can continue doing what you, and I will continue what I am doing. There ARE no rules that say you can't "camp" a spot. But if you were good sports, you 'could' let some others enjoy the content without having to compete with other players for it on a game that has a very low pop count.
    Last edited by Justa Mirage; April 25th, 2008 at 01:34 AM.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I would like to add that the epic mob is still there and still needs killed...
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Your post was more of a "oh, look at this, this must be what happens often in game during these fights." If that wasn't clear to ANYONE else, I take that whole post prior to this one, back.

I am going to drop the subject... of all the things in this game that we endure, the lag, mobs disappearing, minor bugs, major bugs, waiting on new content... one thing that I have observed, watched, heard arguments about, read arguments about, but never did I put my comments in, is the epic mob camping.

I listen to what others have to say, I read what they type, and I just shrugged my shoulders. There are no rules to say you can or cannot play the game with the way the system is. Players are free to organize groups, guilds, and cliques.

Sometimes one player's idea of how a group should interact with the playing community will rub against another. I see this conflict as one that could easily be solved if there was some mutual agreement between players and groups to elect to "Defeat the epic" without interference from the other.

Back in Asheron's call in which I played for 6 years, there was an actual server started "list" that you could place your name on, to do the Lady Aerafelle quest. The quest is long, takes many steps, and other groups could jump your quest at the end, thus getting the credit for the kill.

When it became a problem, the community responded and set up the official list, like an Outlook calendar event system, where people could complete the quest. It was so popular, that when the Queen Olthoi quest came out, a new list was started for that one.

This is where "I" am coming from. The conflict between players doesn't need to exist, it only hurts the player base. Making suggestions or solutions to a problem is the right step to healing this problem.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Number 1,412 was a good one. Wish I was up there.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Lock-out timers can't be done with current tech. New tech could do anything, but it takes time to implement new features.

How about then a 3 day long buff you get from killing a epic mob, I dont know what the Istaria tech is able to, maybe the mob name turns white then for you and you cant attack then the epic because its a "normal" npc? Like you cant attack npcs in town.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Or have the buff enable it so you do "0" damage to the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Or have the buff enable it so you do "0" damage to the mob.
    But then you can still heal, buff the others.. hrm..

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

A long term buff should work.

This whole problem is not really of a technical issue, it's the fact that a small group have decided to monopolize the epic mobs. I personally can't see the reason for having to kill Reklar 50 times, and also making sure no one else are able to...

#1 you can always heal other players.

#2 killing reklar 50 times is quite reasonable if you are after all of his items..thats 26 pieces in all plus 4 forms. thats 30...anyone who has huntesd a boss on any game, knows duplicates drop...so assume the number to be AT LEAST double...60 times bare minimum.

They been outpulled. The point you all seem to fail to recognize is they like competition, working harder to get better, self improvement, and competing in a general sense... the old debate is if you dont wanna try, you will always fail comes up.

I propose trying, as I always have. I think the issues have become too personal and people refuse to take a step back and evaluate the circumstances.

It's clearly just finger pointing and personal grudges at this point, at least to me with a view from without.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    But then you can still heal, buff the others.. hrm..
    It won't really matter if you don't have the DPS to make up for it. You'll just die slower. Would you let someone in your group that won't be able to attack at all? I wouldn't. I'll take someone that can hurt or debuff the enemy and heal groupmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    #1 you can always heal other players.

#2 killing reklar 50 times is quite reasonable if you are after all of his items..thats 26 pieces in all plus 4 forms. thats 30...anyone who has huntesd a boss on any game, knows duplicates drop...so assume the number to be AT LEAST double...60 times bare minimum.

They been outpulled. The point you all seem to fail to recognize is they like competition, working harder to get better, self improvement, and competing in a general sense... the old debate is if you dont wanna try, you will always fail comes up.

I propose trying, as I always have. I think the issues have become too personal and people refuse to take a step back and evaluate the circumstances.

It's clearly just finger pointing and personal grudges at this point, at least to me with a view from without.

So tell me what competition? If they want competition they should go play wow,eq1/2 or whatever, in Hz there is no competition. If the hz players wantet such a thing this had happen more in the past, but it didnt so hmm think again about it.

Oh yeah its pretty hard to dupe gold and bot afk your biped to lvl 200somehtingwahtever.. yeah please grow up or please go to a other game where is camping,hassasing and KS common, but dont destroy our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    So tell me what competition? If they want competition they should go play wow,eq1/2 or whatever, in Hz there is no competition. If the hz players wantet such a thing this had happen more in the past, but it didnt so hmm think again about it.

Oh yeah its pretty hard to dupe gold and bot afk your biped to lvl 200somehtingwahtever.. yeah please grow up or please go to a other game where is camping,hassasing and KS common, but dont destroy our world.
    This is indeed the wrong type of game to play for those that want competition and an "I win" mentality. I stayed past my free trial date because I was curious how a game so long-lived could have no economy. How if I needed an item, I asked and it was merely given.

There are FAR better games out on the economy, mechanics wise for that.

Pardon me?

First of all I havent singled you out...ever. Uncalled for.

Second. it HAS happened in the past. HAS indeed. Many guilds stomped a mudhole in CNA before they got ahold of valkor, wouldn't let people in groups, "controlled mobs, had them locked down" at least it has on chaos...for a very long time, since valkor and sog reared their very ugly heads, it always will happen.

i think it arrogant to speak for all of the HZ community. To say none want to compete.

Fact: puyting mobs in with timers that drop rare loot, breeds competition. It simply does.

This game was out before wow and EQ 2...I like it here.

They like it here or after ban attempts, attempted black balling, backstabbing, hate mongering, and whatever other underhanded means of removal or harassment (yes harassment...not saying it never cut both ways, but its not right in eitehr case and likely reactionary on their part.) they wouldnt be here. Paying more subs than likely any one player has a piece.

Accusing me of botting gold or them is a false accusation and its horribly rude

I dont have a single character rated 200 or higehr.

You are right however, those things arent hard to do, I know folks who have. The ones I know who have arenmt the ones that always seem to be accused of it though.

Also, with good tactics it isnt hard to get toons to that level legitamately.

Most of them have been playing for years...if someone plays seriously that long, wonders occur.

its become painfully clear, such statements fall on deaf ears.

I've better things to do than debate something I cant win, try to change minds that are set in stone.

(Yes, I'm repeating myself)

I have just opened a new thread with a letter from our development team on this issue. Because this thread has wandered "off topic", and become more about the people involved than the issue at hand, I'm locking it.

Please, if you had thoughts on how the team might address this ISSUE (not the people, or groups of people), repost them on the thread I started. Posting about people (or groups of people) violates forum rules, gives moderators headaches because they have to work, and doesn't make anyone happy. Posting about a topic and holding a discussion that leads to solutions has the result of making everyone happy.

Thread Information