Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Epic mobs and epic content

Default Re: Epic mobs and epic content

Meant fo the saris and sslik to go to war with the rest of the continent...i.e. as was done before...I'm well aware they are allies. however the rest of the world thought they were savages and they get along with sort of persecuted kinship no?

More on topic.

A short amount of PvP, might be fun. I'm not fighting for it, just saying its possible it may draw attention of other players to the game in hopes of adding more...they might stay and like hte atmosphere...and small pvp events could be tossed in to placate the truly bloodthirsty.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

*sigh* Istaria is a PvE game, PvP is too unbalanced since the classes are very powerful and such... And because it has no PvP it has such a mature and nice community. ( I don't mean now that PvPers are not mature...) And what is please Epic if you cut the head of one of your allies? The enemy are the WAs...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I've been out of istaria for a while and haven't seen any epic items for a long time i'm also unaware of what has been added since i used to play regularly.

However I do remember istakills and certainly would not miss them where they to disappear

As an adventurer I think it is much more fun and enjoyable to loot epic items that don't require a crafter's intervention in order to benefit from it and I think it is perfectly reasonable that an epic item be better than what is crafted..chances are said items wont be obtainable unless you are given it or you already have a suit of fully tricked out armour (and have bought a sizeable amount of food and potions).

Btw..has anyone seen epic handwraps?
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

*agrees wtih takora's request for no PvP*

No epic handwraps, but the reklar sash of fury helps monks more than others.

adds much to unarmed and evasion. its a belt.

theres one for the list devs...handwraps!

I've only really been skimming this topic (There's a bunch to actually read and I'm feeling tired right now x.x) but I'm going to jump at the chance to voice my opinion about PvP:

I can tell you now that the instant PvP is integrated as a world wide event, quest, yadayada ( EXPECIALLY if it's forced) that there are a great number of people who would quit the game immediately. Having to kill another player for an item just screams for bad feelings and spite. We've already got that problem and PvP has nothing to do with it, I'd hate to see what happened when it did. I say keep PvP voluntary, out of quests, and especially out of the things considered 'epic'.

As for what I'd like to see:

I think it'd be great if there were a few more, epic, solo-able quests with epic rewards. There's nothing more satisfying than knowing that you worked hard for your special weapons/armor/jewelry. Better yet, crafters could more easily be involved in these types of things. It would also open the epic content to the solo player. Make the quest difficult, definitely, but make it enjoyable for the single, casual player. Not everyone likes massive groups and 5 deathpoints for a 1 in 10 chance to win a single piece of a 5 piece item.

And on the topic of the loot system, I loved what you came up with for Daknor with everyone having their own chance to find something on a corpse, not the toss up between every group member.

who ever said it was for items????

this isnt just about items its about epic content or something "big", people would like to see or could be intersting.

Its clear...devs...no pvp...*shurgs*.
    Last edited by Silverblaze; May 2nd, 2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: comma added to mean the event would be big not meaning big people

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    something "big" people would like to see
    Well, PvP is not something that most people want to see in this realm.

I didn't mean just for items either; I meant all around.

The most I could ever see as an event for PvP is 'Defeat X amount of challengers for Y amount of coin.'

But that's getting off topic. My point is simply that I very much doubt it would be the best choice for the game.
    Last edited by Hraefn; May 2nd, 2008 at 01:19 AM.

Evilkarl!!!!!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon!!!!!!!!!!
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

PvP being added to the game in any form other than what it is now (the Arena) is the deadest of dead horses there is. It's so dead that you can beat it all you want, but your blows don't even hit because there's nothing there for them to land on. There isn't much that I can come right out and say will never happen in Istaria, but so long as I'm on the development team, I can safely say that PvP will never be a part of Istaria.

thank goodness

I *hate* PvP
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Thank you Velea!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Well that's a relief <3

Thanks Velea! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    PvP being added to the game in any form other than what it is now (the Arena) is the deadest of dead horses there is. It's so dead that you can beat it all you want, but your blows don't even hit because there's nothing there for them to land on. There isn't much that I can come right out and say will never happen in Istaria, but so long as I'm on the development team, I can safely say that PvP will never be a part of Istaria.
    <3

Thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    I can safely say that PvP will never be a part of Istaria.
    Other than the Arena.

I am not a PvPer, and I have only been to the Arena twice. Once I satisfied myself with the fact that the PvP side of things wasn't going to have an impact on my game play, there wasn't a need or desire to go back. But for those that enjoy it, it is a nice feature.

What I am saying is that there is no reason that end-game content can't include *voluntary* PvP. Even then there are right ways and wrong ways to do it, because you certainly need to avoid having people try and taunt non-PvPers into fighting.

But why not just have an Arena event such that the one with the most wins in their Tier get an emblem? Easy to implement, takes minimum dev resources, and is fun for some and has absolutely no impact on the rest.

Any that know me might find this post quite strange, considering how much I am against PvP in Horizons. That doesn't mean that I choose to be blind to the fact that it *can* be done here in a positive way, though.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

You missed half the quote, there Theolaerynn. I said as long as I'm on the development team. And I did also mention the arena for PvP.

Last I checkedthe thread isnt about PvP and I feel absolutely horrible it got derailed, sorry.

I got another idea for epic items/mobs!

I think a dragon graveyard or something might be cool, its been done sort of. The withered scales, draak, reklar....etc. Maybe put another spin on it though.

Give the gifted a chance to save one of the resting places of the dragons ancestors from the ravages of the undead. it would be an event style thing likely. Not sure where to put it, but as its been said before...tehrs plenty of unused space in istaria atm.

Might heal the rift between biped and dragon a bit, would be a great roleplaying oportunity for those intersted in taht sort fo thing too.

Sounds nice Silverblaze, what I also would like to see epic wise is a come back of the Zymois Morbidane, but not the original, a other version. Maybe you have to gather comps of the 3 epic mobs to cure it or such like that.

Thread Information