Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Epic mobs and epic content

Default Re: Epic mobs and epic content

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    You missed half the quote, there Theolaerynn. I said as long as I'm on the development team. And I did also mention the arena for PvP.
    D'oh!! Reading is Fundamental :-(

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    Does Order or Blight have input on this...I mean it effects them also...making a boss harder on chaos with larger population is fine, but order likely doesnt much care for it, with a smaller player base to draw hunters from.

Keep in mind I don't say this to make anyone feel bad, its just logic. I'm certainly not discrediting hunters nad crafters on any other shard. By all means I think your input holds as much if not more water than the Chaos players
    We have had input on it.

Order doesn't have the camping problem, as it is usually difficult to get a group together even to kill the "epic" mobs. However, the same loot and difficulty concerns are present, so is our input.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Small derail answer:

A short amount of PvP, might be fun. I'm not fighting for it, just saying its possible it may draw attention of other players to the game in hopes of adding more...
    I have been adamant at PvP... then I played WoW.

I assure you that you don't want to draw such players in this game, ever.
    And Valea, keep a solid boot on that dead horse's head, I would not want for it to rise undead.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Small derail answer:

I have been adamant at PvP... then I played WoW.

I assure you that you don't want to draw such players in this game, ever.
    And Valea, keep a solid boot on that dead horse's head, I would not want for it to rise undead.
    ^^ i dont like pvp too but i heared about lord of the rings? that allows you to play an monster and gain lvls

that would be a nice feature :-)

In LoTR Monster play you do not gain levels per say. You gain PvP ranks that let you buy new abilities. All monsters start at 50 just like players. But you have very few abilities. So you have to rank up to earn new abilities.

So back to epic related things...did I mention a cape would be nice...every class can use that, its cloth.

Maybe an epic tech... perhpas not t6...but a way to put ~95% damage on a piece of armor? (only a chest plate maybe?)
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I would like to see some new drops come off the epics. How about complete dye kits that provide the same type of dye coloring similar to the giant fire/flame/ice beetles with the shifting color patterns.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

I'd like to see a spellcasting claw for dragons. The two epic claws I know (Demon claw and Valkor's Blood Talon) are Strength/Tooth and Claw-based ; it'd be nice to have a Power/Primal one, with an additionnal effect compatible with spellcasting.

reklar's tail scale sort of compensates for lack of a claw that does it, I see your point however.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Dragon oriented epic quests for draconic epic spells.

I have watched bipeds with envy every time they cast Dark Cyclone, Shinning Blades or Burning Archer. I would love to see something for the winged ones

Quote Originally Posted by Hraefn View Post
    Dragon oriented epic quests for draconic epic spells.

I have watched bipeds with envy every time they cast Dark Cyclone, Shinning Blades or Burning Archer. I would love to see something for the winged ones
    Oooooooooh please! (soul gate *hint*hint*)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

And while you are at it, how about some spell effects for our existing spells for the love of Drulkar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonfyre View Post
    And while you are at it, how about some spell effects for our existing spells for the love of Drulkar.
    Mmm! Excellent point! Would love to see something a little more intricate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraefn View Post
    Mmm! Excellent point! Would love to see something a little more intricate.
    Yeah, coming from WoW, where even a level 10 spell or weapon looks like it'll break the universe in two, something better than a circular place holder could appeal on to the eyes.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    reklar's tail scale sort of compensates for lack of a claw that does it, I see your point however.
    and how realistic is it at the moment to complete one?

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    and how realistic is it at the moment to complete one?
    Took me a week to get 2 blood talons, while I don't have a single Reklar piece. So yeah, there's the Reklar scale, but I'll probably never get it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Took me a week to get 2 blood talons, while I don't have a single Reklar piece. So yeah, there's the Reklar scale, but I'll probably never get it :/
    Feel fortunate, I've never gotten any pieces of any of the dragon epic items, despite farming them for months.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    the tallons can be gotten from marrows now, so if one has determination one can grind untill you have it all, or trade some other pieces for the final part that you are likely to pick up as well...

with reklar its just 1 boss spawning 2 times a day, and i am scouting him 2 times a day but hes never up... (will not go into details as of why this may be)

so i think they should make reklar items drop off other mobs as well like with the marrows, then this can indeed be a dragon-spellcasters-supplement...

additional items for dragon spellcaster would be awesome ofcourse as well!

just make sure they occupy different equipment slots.. like with the priceless ashtorn medalion for monk wich is a necklace, its a bit sad that the monk quest gives also a necklace, so one has to choose what to use... instead of suplementing

I am the ultimate monster...

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    ^^ i dont like pvp too but i heared about lord of the rings? that allows you to play an monster and gain lvls

that would be a nice feature :-)

Thread Information